Speakers for 4x12

Re: Speakers for 4x12

Postby legbear » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:28 am

Does anyone have any recommendations for 10" speakers?
legbear

committed
committed

Postby halkaloogie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:51 pm

maggot wrote:I'm looking for a couple of speakers for my 4x12. Right now, It's got G12T-75s in it (or maybe G12T-100s, don't remember). I don't really like them, because they have a weird upper-mid spike and no low mids, but I can't afford 4 speakers right now, and I figure they'd be a nice, crispy compliment for a speaker that had some decent lows and mids, especially mids. Anyone have any recs? I play tuned to standard, C and B (baritone). Amps are AOR 30, Acoustic 150, Tone Block 200 and an old PV PA head.

I tend to hate speakers. I have a G1265 that I like, and had some American-style Webers that I liked as well, & I Tolerated V-30s & Greenbacks. Looking for solid bass (doesn't have to be huge, tho) & some warm mids, hopefully with some Celestionic qualities that aren't overbearing.

What cab are you using? a lot of time the cab can be the problem not the speakers. I have a Peavey Penta cab with 75's in it and it has been the best sounding cab I have for downtuned sludge tones. It is heavy and bassy but clear and articulate with a great midrange punch. A lot of it has to do with the cab as it is an oversized cab with a port in the back.
halkaloogie

interested
interested

Postby basicchannel » Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm

Sell the lot of them and get 30s THEN decide if you want to go a different direction. They are popular for good reason.
basicchannel

uncommitted
uncommitted

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org