Building a deadly pedal board for Sludge/Doom

Building a deadly pedal board for Sludge/Doom

Postby bigbadbeach » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Hey Doomers. I'm currently in the process of building a sweet and sexy pedalboard to run with my 73' model T and Blackhawk Odin120 amps.
So far I have a Tuner-Airis Effects Savage OD-Fuzz and Burn-Pharoah-Ghost Echo Reverb-Boss digital delay3- Airis Effects Doomsday Delay-ABY.
I was wondering have any of you guys done DIY patch cables? I want some good one with 90° jack heads.
Any ideas for one last pedal? My power supply has 8 power outs and I'm only using 7 so far. Cheers :)
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Re: Building a deadly pedal board for Sludge/Doom

Postby odontophobia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Patch cables are pretty easy. Get some Mogadishu cable off of redco's website and pickup whatever jacks you want. Watch a few YouTube videos and do it up.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby emptyparadigm » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:59 pm

Maybe a phaser? I have one of the big orange Macon ones and it rules.
KHEMMIS. Doomed heavy metal. DECEIVER out 11/19/21 on Nuclear Blast.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby pelliott » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:44 pm

emptyparadigm wrote:Maybe a phaser? I have one of the big orange Macon ones and it rules.

phaser is always a good decision. i like my whirlwind orange box a LOT. it is the YOB phaser sound for easy reference.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby misterstomach » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:25 am

I have the lava 90 degree cables. They were all fucked up the first time I made them up. Then I redid them and paid more attention to doing it right and they've worked great ever since. I tour and play shows and pack up my pedal board after every practice. Shit gets moved around all the time and it's fine. Just plan on a bit of learning curve no matter what you go with and you'll be fine.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby moogboy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:03 pm

Never underestimate the value of adding an octave pedal. Sub octave is better for massive tones and riffs but an upper octave is amazing for making sludgy tones sound not sludgy anymore instantly.
I play guitar and modular synthesizer in Juggable Offense.
juggableoffense.bandcamp.com
moogboy

committed
committed

Postby HeavyXIII » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:19 pm

I wanted to keep my phaser on my board, but it and some other ones I've tried cut a noticeable amount of low end from my sound. I attributed it to the nature of phase shifting. :idk:

moogboy wrote:Never underestimate the value of adding an octave pedal. Sub octave is better for massive tones and riffs but an upper octave is amazing for making sludgy tones sound not sludgy anymore instantly.

I dig my Green Ringer clone, it can make some pretty screwy "clean" sounds as well. Found one secondhand for $50 USD.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby ShaunNecro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:22 am

Man, why not split that signal earlier in the chain and have different fuzz and ODs go to different amps?
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:25 am

ShaunNecro wrote:Man, why not split that signal earlier in the chain and have different fuzz and ODs go to different amps?

This.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:37 pm

ShaunNecro wrote:Man, why not split that signal earlier in the chain and have different fuzz and ODs go to different amps?

I was just re-reading the thread and thinking the same thing. I don't run two amps currently, but I used to all the time and two dirt chains is just massive. I also eventually became a big fan of putting all the delay and reverb on one amp and running the other one dry. You can crank the delay and reverb more than you normally would and create a lot of depth and space, but still maintain crispness and clarity and gut punching heaviness. It's really killer.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ShaunNecro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:13 pm

misterstomach wrote:

I was just re-reading the thread and thinking the same thing. I don't run two amps currently, but I used to all the time and two dirt chains is just massive. I also eventually became a big fan of putting all the delay and reverb on one amp and running the other one dry. You can crank the delay and reverb more than you normally would and create a lot of depth and space, but still maintain crispness and clarity and gut punching heaviness. It's really killer.

What I do is run my neck pickup into a fuzz (Acetone FuzzMaster 2), and blend a little bit of clean signal into that. From there I run it into a parametric EQ to boost some mids, and a small amount of 100hz, and then run that into an SVT and ported 215. I then run my bridge pickup straight into a V4 and a 415 cab, and crank the high mids to max and cut all of the bass and treble and mix all the grindy midrange clarity with my low end for a super crushy yet defined tone.

Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:57 pm

shit. that space jam mauler jaunt is soooo good.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigbadbeach » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:53 pm

I actually did this. I decided to go with two separate chains after the ABY they both are the same though. OD>Fuzz>delay.. but man what a full and powerful sound I get. Just Pulverising as fuck!
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Return to ilovedoom.org