Recipes of DOOM!

Re: Recipes of DOOM!

Postby t-rey » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 am

AxAxSxS wrote:Some noms in the old thread viewtopic.php?f=227&t=34006&hilit=cookbook

Edit: I had forgotten about the developing writing style and idea of making an actual book. Aren't like half you fuckers published now? Still a good idea.

We should set up a secret FB group or something and collect submissions. One of you brain scientist types could perhaps serve as editor? Do things? Make stuff? Isn't that what we do? :thumb:

Edit: Edit: and include a cd of the comp with every copy!

Oh shit, I forgot about the old thread. I'd be down to contribute some random stories ala a Satanic J.Peterman from Seinfeld and/or help out with the formatting and publishing.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AxAxSxS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:04 pm

That'd be rad.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Sounds like a plan...a collective Doom Room skills book!

Also...i have a few recipes ill post later in the day...but that hot sauce is now on my list for the weekend, hopefully my chrones deseased ass can handle it!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby samzadgan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:04 pm

My Ragu...

firstly, im not one for measurements, i just keep making something till it tastes good, and remember the quantities by site more than by measurements...but below is a rough guide, and adjust to taste...

The Meat:
overall about 500g for one batch to serve 2-4 people depending on how much you each
of that 500g, 400g lean beef mince and 100g pork mice
finely chop flat leaf parsley (a handfull)
finely chop thyme (about a quarter of the parsley)
3-4 pinches of ground rock salt
1 pinch of ground black pepper

mix the meat, hearbs, salt and pepper and make them into balls (size is up to you...mine are about the size of a ping pong ball)

Put them in a pan with a bit of olive oil and fry them for about 5 minutes, just to cook the outside and get a little colour, and release the oils in the meat. Then put the meat to the side.

The Sauce:
crush and roughly chop up about 5-6 cloves of garlic (thats a lot, so you can do less if you want)
finely chop half a white onion (or 1 small one - the less garlic you do the more onion you should do)
finely chop 1-2 red chillies, no seeds
a bottle of Passata (500ml - 700ml depending on how you want the consistency of the sauce)
finely dice 2-3 fresh tomatoes.

First fry off the onions and the garlic with a little oil till they start browing, then add the chilli and a teaspoon of butter...make sure you dont burn the butter so adjust the heat to compensate. Once all three have been fried for a few minutes and you can smell the chilli, add the fresh tomatoes and stir till the tomatoes juices are absorbed a little...finally add the Passata and 2-3 dried sage leaves.

Leave the sauce on low heat for about 20minutes, then add the meatballs with all the oil. If the oil is too much, then just add a couple of spoons...you want the flavour not the oil.

Leave this mixture on very low heat for about 3-4hours with a lid...longer if you can. Or, you can even put in the over, which turns out even better.

The idea is that by the end you should get a dense thick sauce that has had time to develop. If its too thick, you can always add a few spoon of the Pasta water.

For Pasta, with this sauce I prefer something like the big Tubes, or Seashells.

I usually make this on a Sunday if we are home all day, start at about midday, and then we have it for dinner that night.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whiskey_face » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:39 pm

fuck update: will post drink recipes when sober.... :lol:
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby friendship » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:49 pm

What do you guys do with the pulp left over after you strain your hot sauce? I have maybe 1/3 cup of it and I don't want it to go to waste.

I made

.25 lbs scotch bonnets
3 garlic cloves
a couple strips of red bell pepper
a pinch of Jamaican allspice
a little salt
a little palm sugar
buncha apple cider vinegar
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby grindonomicon » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:26 pm

Pork + slow cooker with that!
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby friendship » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:33 pm

that is an extremely excellent idea
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org