· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Speakerssss for a new 4x12

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:16 pm

So been running my beta and yba3 together for a while now and love the sound. My beta is pretty much the body of my tone while the yba3 adds some organic tubey breakup to the middle and top end. Getting a new cab for the yba3 and looking for some speakers (the speakers I currently use for the yba3 are very even across the spectrum which is perfect, but the mids get kinda spongey when cranked). I run my beta through a 4x12 loaded with texas heats and swanp thangs (love them) so looking for something to compliment them on the upper mids and highs. Tight lows, present mids, sparkly highs I think is what I'm after. Suggestions?

Been really happy with Eminence thus far, so been looking at The Governors, Man-o-wars, Screaming Eagles, and Cannabis Rexs. I really like how the Govs sound on their own, but not sure how they'd play with my current 4x12.

Re: Speakerssss for a new 4x12

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:36 pm

cannabis rexs sound like a darker swamp thang so that won't help ya.

I would go with the man o wars.... not aware of the screaming eagles

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:08 pm

Oh right, think I mixed the can rex up with another speaker. The red, white, and blues maybe.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:37 pm

give it a go and report back your findings.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:34 pm

I ended up putting Governors and Wizards in my cab. Sounds pretty killer to me. I use a Beta Lead through it and there is a lot more clarity and power than the stock speakers that I had before.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:23 am

Swamp thang + wizard is awesome. The wizards have good high end and upper mids emphasis that compliments the low end of the swamp thang. Governors pair well with the swamp thang sound too.

Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:31 am

I just recently mixed 2 C Rex and 2 WGS Veteran 30s in a cab. It sounds very good with my Bassman.

Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:30 am

Maybe some man o wars and black powders?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:03 pm

I dig these: http://www.eminence.com/speakers/speaker-detail/?model=Legend_GB128

They are Emi's version of the Marshall Greenbacks.

Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:26 pm

Weber makes great shit. Check them out!

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:19 pm

Lady lucks if you can find them
Post a reply