· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

NPD x2 THE CULT IS ALIVE

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:45 pm

Couldn't live without one, so I picked up a HM-2 again. Guy tossed in an FZ-2 as well. Haven't had a chance to run em at a proper volume yet or stack em. I'm curious to see how the FZ-2 and HM-2 stack, getting my Stockholm Chainsaw Wizard on later this week.

Re: NPD x2 THE CULT IS ALIVE

Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:59 pm

Two of the most evil boss peds there are. Hell, those are probably two of the most vicious pedals out there, period. The FZ-2 has been my favorite pedal for decades now.

Not to derail, but I recently discovered there's another Boss pedal from the same pedigree: ODB-3. A shame it stayed under my radar for so long, I had no idea it's a high gain buzzy guitar fuzz, instead of an actual bass overdrive. As cheap, if not cheaper, than the HM-2 or FZ-2, cause it's not even discontinued or anyting :)

Nice haul mang, hnpd.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Barnhard wrote:Stockholm Chainsaw Wizard

This needs to be the name of a band.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:34 pm

Thanks guys! Theres a really embarassing video on YouTube somewhere of me when I was 14 playing a Dean ML through an ODB-3 to ape the Stockholm tone. I didn't know any better and it was the closest thing I owned to what I thought I was hearing.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm

Congrats! Everyone should have a HM-2, FZ-2, and ODB-3 in their arsenal. Even if it's just for overdubs and such.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:10 pm

Love me some HM2 only have a ODB. don't have a FZ-2

Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:47 pm

Use FZ-2 for everything in my current band. Need a HM-2.

Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:15 pm

THE CULT IS ALIVE

Post a reply