Sludge/Noise Rock Guitars?

Re: Sludge/Noise Rock Guitars?

Postby ancientbones » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:21 am

neonblack wrote:Also, Bass VI is pretty great for sludge and noise, especially if you get the Squier version with the strangle switch to make it even more versatile. The bridge pickup through some distortion is SUPER grindy and then you just flick a switch and you have a beefy bassy sludgy tone.

I think I'd fuck up my speakers in my cab if I used a Bass VI. I mean, it's pretty much just a bass with 2 extra strings.

I found a pretty good deal on a warmoth tele. Just waiting on the guy to answer me. I feel like the tele is versatile enough for me and if this doesn't work I'll just build a nice jazzmaster. I mean if people like J Mascis can sound good with a bunch of fuzz and jazzmaster it should work for me right?
ancientbones

committed
committed

Postby neonblack » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:53 pm

People play bass VIs through guitar amps all the time. The pickups are just regular jaguar pickups and you can EQ some of the bass out, AND the strangle switch cuts more bass.

You should at least try one out. I use mine as a super low tuned lead guitar most of the time. I do play through a Bass amp though.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:41 pm

neonblack wrote:People play bass VIs through guitar amps all the time. The pickups are just regular jaguar pickups and you can EQ some of the bass out, AND the strangle switch cuts more bass.

You should at least try one out. I use mine as a super low tuned lead guitar most of the time. I do play through a Bass amp though.

This was going to be my suggestion too. I use a guitar cab and a bass cab at the same time and the guitar cab hasn't had any issues so far. (It is an Ampeg V2 though so maybe more robust than others)
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:56 pm

BoatRich wrote:
neonblack wrote:People play bass VIs through guitar amps all the time. The pickups are just regular jaguar pickups and you can EQ some of the bass out, AND the strangle switch cuts more bass.

This was going to be my suggestion too. I use a guitar cab and a bass cab at the same time and the guitar cab hasn't had any issues so far. (It is an Ampeg V2 though so maybe more robust than others)

Does anyone know if I put a strangle circuit in a regular 4 string bass, that it could be safely used through 2 guitar 412s?
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby BoatRich » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm

HeavyXIII wrote:
BoatRich wrote:

Does anyone know if I put a strangle circuit in a regular 4 string bass, that it could be safely used through 2 guitar 412s?

As far as I can tell it's just a resistor on a switch?
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby grindonomicon » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:39 pm

You can use bass and guitar cabs for either. I'm starting to prefer my 2x10 bass cab for guitar, and pair my Governor loaded 1x12 with my Traynor for bass all the time. I'm getting a 1x15 'guitar' cab, but the Celestion speaker in it is rated for bass usage, and I'll be using it for both. Watch the distortion so you're not frying your voice coil, you'll be OK.
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby casecandy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:20 am

I have a Danelectro Baritone from 1998 that I absolutely love. Tuned B-b. I play it through a normal amp.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org