Another 'downsing mah board' thread. Srry.

Re: Another 'downsing mah board' thread. Srry.

Postby D.o.S. » Fri May 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Dude get a supercollider.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LOCOPELAND » Fri May 29, 2015 1:10 pm

I think I'm the only one here with a Boneshaker at the moment. I really like it. Stacked with my Pharaoh & Revelation it hits the mark quite nicely.

I vote that you get a Pharaoh if you're looking for a good muff. It's easily my favorite on my board. Not going anywhere, ever.
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Fri May 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Supercollider, Pharoah, or Hoof -- they can be found used, and they're all a little more boutique than the stuff you've been gathering, but they're SO GOOD. :thumb:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Fri May 29, 2015 4:44 pm

The pharaoh supposedly isnt the most gainy muff type fuzz out there. Fuzzes that "stack well with other dirt" or sound "transparant", like how the pharaoh is often described, usually don't stay on my board for very long :s

I'm still curious to finally try one out and find out for myself, but something like the supercollider just seems a bit closer to what I'm after. They're on sale at the moment, but I still rather look around for a used one. The s&h would kill the deal, me being in Europe and all.

I thought the eqd hoof was very much like a green russian muff...Right? If so, I'd rather go for something closer to the ram's head or triangle circuit. Again though, I wouldnt mind trying one out if the right deal came my way. EQD has been good to me in the past. Good peeps, solid peds.

I've actually been looking for a Barber Trifecta for a while now. Not too easy to find though, let alone sub $150 :s
Last edited by frigid midget on Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby frigid midget » Fri May 29, 2015 4:50 pm

LOCOPELAND wrote:I think I'm the only one here with a Boneshaker at the moment. I really like it. Stacked with my Pharaoh & Revelation it hits the mark quite nicely.

I vote that you get a Pharaoh if you're looking for a good muff. It's easily my favorite on my board. Not going anywhere, ever.

Whats the Revelation again? I mean, if you'd have to put it in a general category of classic fuzz circuits...Fuzz face, superfuzz, tone bender, etc...?

Edit: Found it, nevermind :)
Last edited by frigid midget on Fri May 29, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tristan » Fri May 29, 2015 4:59 pm

I dunno what it's based on but I've had quite a few BAT pedals here at the same time (Black Forest, LSTR, Pharaoh, Revelation, Ritual) when I borrowed them from univalve for a while and I think they're all pretty similar / in the same ballpark really.
The Pharaoh and Black Forest are my favourites, the Pharaoh can do almost anything the Revelation or Ritual can with more balls and versatility there if you want it, while the Black Forest has a bit of it's own thing going.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frigid midget » Fri May 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Thanks.

I had both the black forest and the lstr for a while. They were okay, but the black forest was really scratchy and fizzy, at least through my amps. The lstr sounded extremely dark and boomy, like the sovtek muff my buddy used to have. Really took over my tone, and not in a way that worked for my band and taste at the time.

Like I said, neither were bad, but they still dont make me wanna rush out and get another BAT product. I know a lot of people love those peds, I'm sure its just me :idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tristan » Fri May 29, 2015 5:44 pm

I kinda agree with you, the Black Forest can definitely get scratchy and fizzy, it's that typical gain and eq character it has that does that, the LSTR sounds like a generic Muff type thing to me, the Pharaoh is the way to go if you want a fat, open and punchy drive / fuzz in my opinion, it's pretty much the quintessential BAT pedal.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frigid midget » Fri May 29, 2015 7:03 pm

On the subject of BAT...The one pedal I'm probably the most curious about: Black Sheep. Seems like a really nice takenon the Roland Bee Baa. Silly detail, but still: I hate the shape/layout/size and graphic. The main thing thats keeping me from getting one though: I could probably do a very similar job with either my mastotron, fuzz god II, or even FZ-2. Or at least they're vaguely in the same ball park, and if I'm blowing money on fresh toys, I'd prefer them to sound completely different from what I already have...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org