· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Offbeat/less popular/rare fuzz or dirt boxes

Sat May 02, 2015 8:39 pm

What are some offbeat Fuzzes you like? Cheap or not, just stuff you don't see a lot of people talk about.

Personally I love my IdiotBox Dungeon Master, but haven't seen many on peoples boards. The cheapo danelectro fab fuzz is another surprisingly good fuzz, even chugs nicely. Noisemaker Effects Donner Party is a fantastic high gain fuzz

Re: Offbeat/less popular/rare fuzz or dirt boxes

Sat May 02, 2015 11:50 pm

Metal zone. It cops the hm2 tones, and more. Just don't turn the treble past 9 o'clock. I don't know if that fits in this thread, but yeah. Metal zone isn't that hard to make sound good.

Sun May 03, 2015 1:26 am

I'd actually like to hear from anyone who has a Buzzaround or, more importantly, a Death Dealer.
That circuit had gone under my radar until recently and I'm pretty impressed with it as a foundation tone.
Would like to know how it goes with our brands of heavy, though. Haven't seen too many on boards.

Sun May 03, 2015 2:58 am

Interesting, I thought about building a buzz around once

Mon May 04, 2015 11:33 am

Devi Ever Bit is probably coming off my board when I get something to replace it with, But it dooms surprisingly well. In the past I'd used it with a Strat for demented leads, as a fuzzy wash, or with the volume backed off for clean with problematic artifacts. But when you hit the input a bit harder with a humbucker or a boosted signal, you can use more of the pregain knob and get squishy "chugs" on palm mutes, along with a chaotic roar for chords.

Also, the 2000 ton kazoo sound you get when you stack another pedal into it is more useful than you'd think.

It doesn't really have the clarity I'm looking for at the end of the chain, but there are lots of great uses for it. I'm gonna be trying out another unsung circuit (jumbo mid-70s Tone Bender) later this week. I'll report back how it goes. I'm also dying to try out a Fuzz Hugger Arc Flash.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:14 pm

My Perseus has been on my board for 3 years and is never coming off, that thing is doom as fuck. I never see it on anyones pedal board

Mon May 04, 2015 5:14 pm

The Perseus sounds pretty rad. Sub-octaves like that can be fun!

Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 pm

There's a very particular searing lead sound that the EQD Sound Shank does that I can't help but love...

Mon May 04, 2015 7:53 pm

Boss ODB-3, which is a fuzz pedal... for guitar.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:37 am

Bear Amps lucifuzz...jump on the half man half bear half wizard band wagon guys, Im for cereal.

Hes making me a one knob bluebeard clone right now as well.

Tue May 05, 2015 11:13 am

Why wouldn't you just get a bluebeard from Sonny?

Tue May 05, 2015 8:31 pm

mc_muench wrote:Bear Amps lucifuzz...jump on the half man half bear half wizard band wagon guys, Im for cereal.

Hes making me a one knob bluebeard clone right now as well.

Link to the lucifuzz?

Tue May 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Guyatone Fz-2000
Idiotbox Death Ray

Tue May 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:I'd actually like to hear from anyone who has a Buzzaround or, more importantly, a Death Dealer.
That circuit had gone under my radar until recently and I'm pretty impressed with it as a foundation tone.
Would like to know how it goes with our brands of heavy, though. Haven't seen too many on boards.

fever606 wrote:There's a very particular searing lead sound that the EQD Sound Shank does that I can't help but love...

I LOVE my Sound Shank. Uncle Acid toanz for days. It's pretty versatile as well - can do really harsh, zippy sounding fuzz or thick gnarly fuzz for the riffs.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 pm

t-rey wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:I LOVE my Sound Shank. Uncle Acid toanz for days. It's pretty versatile as well - can do really harsh, zippy sounding fuzz or thick gnarly fuzz for the riffs.

I miss my Sound Shank... so much so that I posted a WTB in the BST forum! :lol: I wanna try it out with some of my newer acquisitions, especially the Big Spider and Haunt...
Post a reply