nine of swords fuzz

nine of swords fuzz

Postby theAntihero » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:44 pm

Anyone tried these? Looks to be pretty cheap and doom worthy
Last edited by theAntihero on Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Re: mine of swords fuzz

Postby frigid midget » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:07 pm

You talking about this right?

http://www.thefuzzshack.com/#/nine-of-swords/4585116866

Almost anyone with a soldering iron and an internet connection can build a slightly tweaked fuzz face clone these days. Demo it with a downtuned les paul through a loud half stack, and let the hype do the rest...:)

It's gonna take more than a doomy sales pitch and screen printed skeleton graphics to make me whop out my visa, sorry.

Than again though, some of those clips sound just as good if not better than the online demos I've heard of most ss/bs or bat pedals, and his prices are A LOT more appealing :idk:

So yeah, I'm kinda intrigued, but I'm convincing myself to look the other way because of the current state of my bank account :)
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: nine of swords fuzz

Postby theAntihero » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:46 pm

Lol,yep Autocorrect.

I'm thinking if the tyrant. Looks like a variation or a meathead meet than likely
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby frigid midget » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:43 am

Dunno if it helps, but apparantly there was this:

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=25610
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:01 am

I just picked up a Tyrant for my bass vi board because I've never owned a Meathead before
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 am

frigid midget wrote:Dunno if it helps, but apparantly there was this:

http://www.ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=25610

Three years later and that thread still has the ballsiest first (and only) ILF post in history:

shielawin wrote:DarkAxel,
i would appreciate if you could give it to me instead of giving to others as i'm interested to have it.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby grindonomicon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:04 am

Dearest Mr. D.o.S.,
I would appreciate it if you would buy me a Tyrant so I can A/B it with my Meathead Dark clone.
Now.
And a Funeral Party. Dude never wrote me back with questions I had about it.
Cuddles,
grindonomicon

:lol:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby casecandy » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:07 am

I have the Burial at Sea pedal.

There's a fuzz side (the same circuit as the Tyrant) and a feedback side.

To be honest, the feedback side is neat, but does not integrate well with the fuzz side, making it ultimately not too useful.

I think it was going for a Great Destroyer vibe, but didn't quite get there. I have done some neat things with it but not a whole lot.

Now, the fuzz side... it does not clean up well. It gets very weak.

But dimed, it sounds HUGE. Enormous doom fuzz.

Final summation, don't buy the BaS, buy the Tyrant, and never turn the knob down from full!

Best thing about any of their pedals is the price point. The Tyrant would work out to about $75 USD shipped.

One caveat, does not play nice with my Earthquaker Warden, probably an order thing, but I have to turn the comp off or it's noisy and not in a good way.
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby More_Divebombs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:28 pm

I have:

Burial at Sea
Hand of God
Funeral Party

All very good at what they do. All very cheap with high build quality and a great aesthetic.

The Burial At Sea is, as has been mentioned above, the NoS Tyrant circuit (which is a tweaked Meathead) with extra noise-making possibilities. I personally disagree that it is not too useful. The feedback reacts differently with different pedals and guitars ahead of it. Some pedals don't do much to it. My Harmoic Percolator and Whammy pedals make it go wild. My guitars with humbuckers in it don't make much happen, but my P90 loaded LTD Eclipse also makes it go nuts. The decay on ringing notes can sound really good with the right combinations. The fuzz itself is thick and brutal. Perfect for Doom, and is my go-to dirt for playing slow and heavy.

Hand of God is nasty. I don't know if it is based on a particular pedal, but it is equal parts sludge and velcro. Not as much of an all-rounder as the Burial At Sea, and I tend to use it mostly for recording, adding extra layers of rhythm guitar. It's great for adding thickness, whilst still being totally filthy.

Funeral Party is a great distortion. The only downside is that it is noisy. Very hissy when no guitar is going through it, but it goes great into an already dirty amp, so long as I immediately turn it off when my playing stops. Really tight low end, lots of grind, perfect for filthy hardcore punk, thrash, whatever. Palm mutes really well. Not so good going straight into a clean amp. It needs to stack up with an OD pedal or amp OD. Awesome when it does.

I've conversed with Jonothan a few times about his gear as well. Always seems incredible helpful, and always willing to offer slight tweaks to his pedals if desired. And great prices too.
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby casecandy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:52 pm

More_Divebombs wrote:I've conversed with Jonothan a few times about his gear as well. Always seems incredible helpful, and always willing to offer slight tweaks to his pedals if desired. And great prices too.
+1

I actually think he'll build you anything you want for the same low prices
casecandy

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby andRe² » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Anyone got an idea on what the hand of god is based off? sound like some kind of devi to me..., maybe krackle fuzz or bit on lower settings???
andRe²

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:19 pm

More_Divebombs wrote: And great prices too.

Probably because he doesn't pay royalties on images (hello percolator clone) or do any R&D beyond 'tweaking' circuits?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:20 pm

D.o.S. wrote:

Probably because he doesn't pay royalties on images (hello percolator clone) or do any R&D beyond 'tweaking' circuits?

True. Otoh though...

That strategy seems to work out fine for SUF, W&C, Skreddy,Basic Audio, etc...:idk:
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pete » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:08 pm

I have a Headache on the way. Should be here any day now. Really looking forward to trying it out. I'm really interested in a bunch of his other pedals too, like the Hand Of God and Satanic Fuzz Ritual. Honestly I think all of their fuzzes sound amazing from the demo videos I've seen, and I'm really looking forward to rocking the Headache.
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:23 am

frigid midget wrote:
D.o.S. wrote:

True. Otoh though...

That strategy seems to work out fine for SUF, W&C, Skreddy,Basic Audio, etc...:idk:

Those companies don't rip off album art wholesale (surprised no one's talking about how the images from SAF are taken from that Japanese Comic, but w/e). I bet he pirates music, you know? That sort of thing rankles.

The pedals do sound good, but I don't think I'd ever buy one. Call it 'ethics' --or just call me a dick it might be easier.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org