nine of swords fuzz

Re: nine of swords fuzz

Postby grindonomicon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 am

Pete wrote:I have a Headache on the way. Should be here any day now. Really looking forward to trying it out. I'm really interested in a bunch of his other pedals too, like the Hand Of God and Satanic Fuzz Ritual. Honestly I think all of their fuzzes sound amazing from the demo videos I've seen, and I'm really looking forward to rocking the Headache.

Please post how you like the Headache! Ripped art or not, always wondered how that pedal sounded. And I love the graphics, stolen or not. I stole graphics ALL the time with my old label. That's the way punk / DIY shit is. Repurpose, fuck the man, make your shit look cool.
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:15 pm

There's a good way to do it:

And then there's "oh hey we totally changed the words aren't we just so fucking cool see because it's a pedal that this band is famous for so we'll use the preexisting brand recognition to reinforce the connection to our buyers hey and maybe they'll download Songs about Fucking and play it to all their friends and not give it a second thought."

(I still love u bb I'm just being feisty).
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby frigid midget » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:36 am

Totally off-topic, though maybe not quite:

http://pitchfork.com/news/61444-powell- ... interview/

That's actually the follow-up story, what came before shouldn't be further athan a few clicks away.
That kinda tells me Steve doesn't seem like the type of guy who'd give a shit about lending his album art to some small time pedal builder. I mean, if he let some random dude remix parts of his music into something he hates with a passion, it kinda almost seems silly for anyone else to get worked up about it :idk:

I actually don't take intellectual property lightly, not at all. But I sometimes find it hard to see the difference between sticking a rolling stones 'tongue and lips' logo on your bike or whatever, and using rather obscure album art for an even more obscure effects pedal :idk Would you have to peel off the sticker if you were to sell the bike in order to not rip off John Pache or the Stones? :idk:

I'd be fucking thrilled if anyone want to give my album free publicity by putting the cover art on a fuzz pedal. Especially if it's a rad fuzz pedal :)

I'm actually not taking the piss here, I'm often genuinly confused about where the line is. Making this an interesting topic for me, but maybe not so much for others to for others :)

Whatever. Pedals, beer, boobies. Peace.
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Sure, but look at the context: the question was asked, the answer was given (and it's a great bit of copy). Now, saying "the creator doesn't care why should you" is fine and valid, I just happen to detest this sort of laziness. Nothing says "I'm an intellectual invalid" like these sorts of pedals -- and since we're in the doom room, these sort of bands that don't actually do anything to any degree of difference from the thousands of other doom bands -- and I have a kneejerk allergy to supporting these kinds of things.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dub » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:36 pm

I don't know man. Kinda sounds like you don't like doom?

I mean all those guys in shitty bands, they love that shit. :idk:
MATAMPS & TRASHED GUITARS
trades: Eric!, johndammit, Holy Schnikes, TheDandy, chatmatt, skullservant, intothegroove, Boxbie, bob the r0bot, sergiomunoz74, Laowiz, DannDubbleEwe, coldbrightsunlight
dub

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:50 pm

My new band is called Sword of Weed and all of our songs are 4:20 long and we've all got matching denim war vests.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby More_Divebombs » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:54 pm

You are simply assuming the lad hasn't asked permission to use the image. You have no idea if he has or he hasn't but you post about it as if it is a certainty that it is stolen. Then you drop in something about "ethics". Slagging off a pedal builder based on assumption - cool. Possibly repurposing album art without permission as an homage to a man who popularised the use of the original HP pedal - not cool...
Stupid (mostly electronic) music - https://wulfexe.bandcamp.com
More_Divebombs

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Well, ignoring your difficulties with reading comprehension (unless you simply missed the bit where my response was about how he was able to keep his prices so low, in which case, apologies) the conversation has veered well towards the hypothetical at this point anyway, so I don't see the harm?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.

Achtane wrote:

D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Pete » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:09 pm

grindonomicon wrote:
Pete wrote:I have a Headache on the way. Should be here any day now. Really looking forward to trying it out. I'm really interested in a bunch of his other pedals too, like the Hand Of God and Satanic Fuzz Ritual. Honestly I think all of their fuzzes sound amazing from the demo videos I've seen, and I'm really looking forward to rocking the Headache.

Please post how you like the Headache! Ripped art or not, always wondered how that pedal sounded. And I love the graphics, stolen or not. I stole graphics ALL the time with my old label. That's the way punk / DIY shit is. Repurpose, fuck the man, make your shit look cool.

It's pretty rad! Nasty, raspy, spitty torn speaker-like tone. This is one of those pedals where I'm sure I'm just going to use it with the gain maxed all the time. Not nearly as cool with the gain lower, although you COULD use it as a clean boost on the lowest setting if you're into boring stuff. :D There's a toggle switch on the top-flicked left it's a little louder but a bit more subdued. Flicked right it's nastier and raspier. I like it better this way. When I tried the pedal out last night for the first time I thought it was cool, but was a bit underwhelmed. It did the bright raspy fuzz thing, but I wanted more and started wishing there were more knobs to tweak. I also thought it didn't sound very good with palm mutes. Today I put the fuzz after my Boss tuner and thought it sounded a lot better. I have some fuzz pedals that react differently when placed after a buffer, but this is the first time I preferred the after-buffer sound. It just got more raspy, spitty, trebely and aggressive. Palm mutes sounded much better. I guess that's generally what buffers do to fuzz, and in this case where the pedal is supposed to sound obnoxious and raspy anyway, I thought the buffer made the pedal sound cooler.
Pete

experienced
experienced

Postby grindonomicon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:16 am

Pete wrote:It's pretty rad! Nasty, raspy, spitty torn speaker-like tone. This is one of those pedals where I'm sure I'm just going to use it with the gain maxed all the time. Not nearly as cool with the gain lower, although you COULD use it as a clean boost on the lowest setting if you're into boring stuff. :D There's a toggle switch on the top-flicked left it's a little louder but a bit more subdued. Flicked right it's nastier and raspier. I like it better this way. When I tried the pedal out last night for the first time I thought it was cool, but was a bit underwhelmed. It did the bright raspy fuzz thing, but I wanted more and started wishing there were more knobs to tweak. I also thought it didn't sound very good with palm mutes. Today I put the fuzz after my Boss tuner and thought it sounded a lot better. I have some fuzz pedals that react differently when placed after a buffer, but this is the first time I preferred the after-buffer sound. It just got more raspy, spitty, trebely and aggressive. Palm mutes sounded much better. I guess that's generally what buffers do to fuzz, and in this case where the pedal is supposed to sound obnoxious and raspy anyway, I thought the buffer made the pedal sound cooler.

A H Perc clone is on my short list of distortions I haven't tried and want to. Stack it with anything? Muff or heavy OD esp. Bet it would be great for boosting an Octave Drone or Superfuzz too.
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby TempusEdaxRerum » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:33 pm

D.o.S. wrote:My new band is called Sword of Weed and all of our songs are 4:20 long and we've all got matching denim war vests.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks.

Same.
TempusEdaxRerum

committed
committed

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org