Reverbverbverbverb of DOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Re: Reverbverbverbverb of DOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Postby odontophobia » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:21 pm

mathias wrote:Afterneath not jiving with my setup or my preferences.. I've got amp spring reverb but thinking I'd like something else besides the RRR on my board, post-dirt. This thread has been useful to review my options. Digging the delay+reverb sounds of some pedals like the Dispatch Master but I could also just combine delay pedal + reverb pedal.

I feel like I need to try out:
Red Panda Context
EQD Dispatch Master
EQD Disaster Transport
Mr. Black Supermoon is probably too much like the Afterneath..
Blue Sky? Maybe.. Maybe more like the Strymon Flint..
Or just get another Ghost Echo haha.

any I'm missing that I should try out before deciding on the next purchase? (Found a local store that doesn't have all of these, but they carry EQD..)

I really like the Blackout Effectors Cadavernous. The swell feature is top notch. Wide range of sonic possibility.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:03 am

Of that list I think the Context and RRR are quite similar only the Context has some sort of volume drop when you turn up the mix, it just seems to sound less
full range so I prefer the RRR.
I really don't like the Blue Sky at all, it sounds very artificial and thin to me, the Stereo Wet I had next to it sounded much better but my favourite big and lush reverb so far is actually the BitQuest.
For those spring reverb type sounds gone mad I'd most definitely recommend the Industrialectric RM-1N, I've had the DBA Reverberation Machine but the RM-1N from the tourbox was just inifinitely better, more special and more flexible, the Reverberation Machine mostly farts out on lower notes while keeping higher notes cleaner and that really bugged me.

Other ones I haven't tried but I'd like to mention:
Boss RV-3, RV-5
Iron Ether Nimbus
Old Blood Noise Procession
Solid Gold FX Surf Rider III
Subdecay Super Spring Theory
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:56 am

the procession is awesome. I love dialing in some modulation with my reverb but it's less of an always on if that's what you're looking for. the modulation on the procession makes it a fantastic maker of ambience and sounds good on clean parts if you're into those. works fine with dirt i just use it less there.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby decomposing » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:19 pm

mathias wrote:Afterneath not jiving with my setup or my preferences.. I've got amp spring reverb but thinking I'd like something else besides the RRR on my board, post-dirt. This thread has been useful to review my options. Digging the delay+reverb sounds of some pedals like the Dispatch Master but I could also just combine delay pedal + reverb pedal.

I feel like I need to try out:
Red Panda Context
EQD Dispatch Master
EQD Disaster Transport
Mr. Black Supermoon is probably too much like the Afterneath..
Blue Sky? Maybe.. Maybe more like the Strymon Flint..
Or just get another Ghost Echo haha.

any I'm missing that I should try out before deciding on the next purchase? (Found a local store that doesn't have all of these, but they carry EQD..)

yes. subdecay spring theory and the new 4 knobbie version. I've been through the Panda, Dispatch and now have the Spring Theory. But looking at the Industrial Electric for what I really hear. That thing and the Dimension have DSP written all over them I think.
though because of funds I may just get a grail until the IE. 'tis the standard.

(((trades>>>
///ronripper/WesMantooth/thebetasignal/SpaceFlunky/Jnichols2727/pieceofshit/DannDubbleEwe/
Brobee/odontophobia/chuckjaywalk/ChetMagongalo/nevada/BassIsBad/jellyfishfuzz/ingloriousoz/MrNovember/killthenil/K2000///>>>)))
/// images >>> https://www.instagram.com/neuroticexpanse///

decomposing

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org