Ampeg V4 412 for bass

Ampeg V4 412 for bass

Postby BoatRich » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:16 am

Does anyone have one? What speakers did you put in it? How much should I pay? I've been really considering one lately for a Bass VI/standard tuned bass/down tuned guitar
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Ampeg V4 412 for bass

Postby ShimaTetsuo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:39 pm

The one speaker that I've seen recommended for bass use on V4 cabs are Eminence Deltalite II 2512. I have no experience with them but to quote johnk_10 at talkbass, "the cab sounds great (similar to an old SVT 8x10 but with more mid punch)". They are ~ $140 a pop though and there's no mention how they work with down-tuned guitar. I wanted to do this but the total cost of 4 speakers put me off and instead I bought a cheap Marshall cab, which to my surprise came with Celestion Lead 80 speakers so I put these on the V4 and use it with guitar and with bass by splitting the signal at ~ 120hz and running that through head/V4 cab.
ShimaTetsuo

involved
involved

Re: Ampeg V4 412 for bass

Postby odontophobia » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:18 pm

BoatRich wrote:Does anyone have one? What speakers did you put in it? How much should I pay? I've been really considering one lately for a Bass VI/standard tuned bass/down tuned guitar

I have one that I'm sure hasn't had the speakers swapped ever.

Problem is I'm drunk right now, Remembering in a few days to pull the back off is probably going to slip my mind.

FWIW, when playing in drop C that thing brought the fucking low end. Not sure how well it'd handle doom bass/detuned bass but yeaaaaa.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Return to ilovedoom.org