Let's see your PEDAL BOARD... ILD Edition

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD... ILD Edition

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:37 am

Nah man, I'm a firm believer in utilitarianism. Only use what you need. I use the BF and FZ as though they are one.
Hyper forest.
Then I just like delays, verbs and vibes.
The henretta is there to help the verb stand out in the fuzzzzzzzz.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kevinhifi » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Been mucking around with this. Got the Dirge Multiplex to sit right on the verge of self-oscillation. Was super pretty. Especially with a nice wash of Ethereal verb.

Chain is: tuner>Henretta Emerald Prince>Micro Vibe>TB loop (FZ-2>Black Forest)>Dirge Multiplex>Trinity

The Rat was in there in a dirt sandwich, but we're not friends after playing nice for a few weeks.
I'm gonna wait until the Laney gets to me before I decide whether or not it stays.
I"M TRYING MY BEST TO BOND WITH IT, SKIP!!!
The little Hiwatt really hates dirt.

Nice! When I use the phrase "squeeze its way onto any pedalboard" in my marketing materials, I should include this photo. :thumb:
Henretta Engineering
tiny square pedals with no knobs...and more!
www.henrettaengineering.com
kevinhifi

committed
committed

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Nah man, I'm a firm believer in utilitarianism. Only use what you need.

QFT. through and through. That's how I roll aways. Even with my firebreather pedal, I don't use the fuzz all the time it's more of a rarity I usually just let the amps I'm using do the talking.
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:51 pm

kevinhifi wrote:
Nice! When I use the phrase "squeeze its way onto any pedalboard" in my marketing materials, I should include this photo. :thumb:

Haha! Nice. I'll try and arrange things a bit neater and take a real photo for you. There are a few more things to go on my board as well down the track, so the smaller footprint of the EP will definitely be taken advantage of. At this stage I like it where it is and I never step on it (pretty much always on) so sandwiched in there works real good for me.

I should mention that I meant to to type vibe instead of verb in the last post describing what the EP is there for. It helps bring the vibe out in the sea of fuzziness.
It seems to add a nice cut and definition to the dirt when engaged and over all makes my shit sound a bit hotter. Which I dig.

SLK: amps talking is best form of communication for glory of fuzz empire. I let my amps do all the heavy lifting as far as foundation tone goes. I usually stick to pretty clean amps though, so I just eq everything to the max and then set the dirt to how I like it. Not sure if I'm still losing a lot of mids that way, but I certainly don't dial anything out at the amp.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:08 pm

Fair enough, everyone's key tone is different.
My loud heavy boxes:

a ton of my music

and a ton of my ugly art
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:58 am

Well, it's more because my ears are ADD.
I used to be all about amp gain but every time I found or settled on a tone I loved, I fucking hated it a week or so later.
I've had more success getting a great foundation tone from the amp and then building on that with pedals. At least if I hate the pedal I can just switch it out.
It would have more to do with the amps I've owned though. I'm sure if I could find a gain channel I loved, it would be a keeper.
Sadly that becomes a process I can't go through for financial reasons down here. Also there's a fairly limited market, as stated by many Aussies here before.
Hopefully when all the hipsters move on from doom their trendy old amps are all worth shit again and I'll be able to revel in the cheapness.
THE CHEAPNESS!!!
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wildebelor » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:12 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Well, it's more because my ears are ADD.
I used to be all about amp gain but every time I found or settled on a tone I loved, I fucking hated it a week or so later.
I've had more success getting a great foundation tone from the amp and then building on that with pedals. At least if I hate the pedal I can just switch it out.
It would have more to do with the amps I've owned though. I'm sure if I could find a gain channel I loved, it would be a keeper.
Sadly that becomes a process I can't go through for financial reasons down here. Also there's a fairly limited market, as stated by many Aussies here before.
Hopefully when all the hipsters move on from doom their trendy old amps are all worth shit again and I'll be able to revel in the cheapness.
THE CHEAPNESS!!!

I used to be the same, then I got that first AOR and pretty much stopped looking!
Although my GT120 is my pedal amp….
wildebelor

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:43 am

I'm hoping that will be the case.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 am

Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:10 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Well, it's more because my ears are ADD.
THE CHEAPNESS!!!

weird. Literally for the longest time the only head I ever used was Ampeg SS150 and I mean years. Aside from the Sunn Enforcer which I only used for recording for only one project. I started getting all these other amps since it was a combo of coming across great deals and deciding that with the number of projects I do I wanted to further separate the sounds/tones of each band since for the longest time I still just used the Ampeg SS150 and used different guitars. I enjoy basically having more selection on how to build a particulr tone for a particular band. But as far as for the band I play live.. yea Ampeg SS's
My loud heavy boxes:

a ton of my music

and a ton of my ugly art
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:28 am

Yeah man, that's cool, I totally get that.
I probably would have done the same thing if something as cool and cheap as an SS was available to me earlier on in my gear buying days.
I've always been on the lower end of the pay spectrum (having studied so long and then going into human services....what was I thinking. Oh yeah, I wanted to help people....too bad they don't pay you real dollars to do that), so I haven't had the opportunity to get into buying heaps of stuff to try out, or even high end stuff. Even used gear down here is fucking brutal.
The stuff I have had has been ok, but I tend to shift it on once my needs evolve.
I used to have a really nice peavey rack preamp and a carvin power amp. It sounded tits, but I stopped playing tech sort of stuff and moved over to doom town. Didn't need patches and presets anymore, just volume and headroom.
Enter the Sovtek.
Since getting it I'm a firm believer in good foundation, good pedals.
But that's only to suit my needs. As always, YMMV.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:28 pm

I totally get that, and for the longest time I was in the lower end of the pay spectrum cause also the Ampeg SS's were no more than 200, usually hovering around the 150 range when i was picking them up. Everything else since has been relatively on the cheap side with only the Sunn, Sovtek, and Soundcity hitting the highest price for any guitar amps I've bought. My bass gear I pretty much bought brand new both the 810 fridge and the svt4pro... well it was new in box but I got at a deep discount.
My loud heavy boxes:

a ton of my music

and a ton of my ugly art
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:22 am

If you're drilling for a discount, always go deep. :thumb:
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:32 am

That's why I'm called daddy deep. well that and for other reasons. ;)
My loud heavy boxes:

a ton of my music

and a ton of my ugly art
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

Stay classy :thumb:
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org