What type of pick do you use?

Re: What type of pick do you use?

Postby BoatRich » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Don't lie, you use whatever is left over in my pick box. :p

Fair enough... I really need to go buy some picks
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 pm

BoatRich wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:Don't lie, you use whatever is left over in my pick box. :p

I was just joshin ya bud hahahaha you know I don't care that's what they're there for.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BoatRich » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
BoatRich wrote:

I was just joshin ya bud hahahaha you know I don't care that's what they're there for.

Haha it's all good dude, no offense taken. I really do need to grab some though because those tortex are perfect.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
BoatRich wrote:

Haha it's all good dude, no offense taken. I really do need to grab some though because those tortex are perfect.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 pm

The black nylon Dunlops. I think they are 1mm. I wanna try some different ones though. I have some custom printed orange tortex picks from my old band. I think they are .60 but they feel too floppy now that I have been using the thicker black ones. I'd like to try some jazz or big stubby ones but I never buy picks when I go to guitar center.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UnicornTrap » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 pm

I use all sorts of picks. I played those purple or blue dunlops for many years. I played Dava picks (the flexi grip) on guitar, nice for chords. lately i really like Dunlop 462R73 .73mm Tortex T3 Sharp Tip Guitar Picks (the yellows). The sharp tip lets me play faster than normal, but I tend to shred them after a couple of hours. I just bought a big pack. Next time I'll try the ones that are a little more thick to change things up. I have a lot of novelty picks, but I never end up using them! I should make a collage or something :)
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:37 pm

conky wrote:The black nylon Dunlops. I think they are 1mm. I wanna try some different ones though.

I used to use these when I was playing faster stuff. I still dig em.
I switched over to the green tortex ones though (also 1mm). Good for heavies and you can still articulate faster passages if necessary.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I have some .60 with some type of grip. I like them because I'm usually playing faster chords and that works for me a lot more than the heavier stuff does. Have some Dunlop .88s but those are a little thick for my liking.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Bellyheart » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:21 am

I've been playing aluminum picks. Looking for the perfect size and thickness is challenging and expensive but worth it. I've been learning to play with more finesses consequently.

Plastic pick thickness to metal picks means dick. Very misleading.

The fender stainless steel mediums are great but due to the flashy design they break around the logo.

Metal picks allow for a very bright attack and sound awesome paired with cobalt strings. Saves you a few grand for the aluminum neck sound and also does haven't the harsh high end that some can't dial out.

Pick scrapes sound a lot more interesting with these things.
Bellyheart

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:41 am

Ooh, interesting.
I haven't tried cobalts either.
That's on the to-do list.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 am

Dunlop Jazz III Ultex 2.0

I like thick small picks with the jazz shape but i used to wear down the red ones way too quick. The black ultex ones last aaages and sound sharper i think.

Bellyheart wrote:I've been playing aluminum picks. Looking for the perfect size and thickness is challenging and expensive but worth it. I've been learning to play with more finesses consequently.

Plastic pick thickness to metal picks means dick. Very misleading.

The fender stainless steel mediums are great but due to the flashy design they break around the logo.

Metal picks allow for a very bright attack and sound awesome paired with cobalt strings. Saves you a few grand for the aluminum neck sound and also does haven't the harsh high end that some can't dial out.

Pick scrapes sound a lot more interesting with these things.

that's interesting, gotta try that sometime. i like getting a really bright guitar sound with a tight attack, you can EQ out harshness if necessary it's just so hard to get clear note definition for fast playing otherwise.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Barracuda » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:47 am

I've got some thick bone picks that are awesome. Puts me in a good mindset for doom to be using the remains of another animal to channel music. :evil: That and I use v-picks. The screamers are where it's at for me. I can't fuckin' stand thin picks. I'll take a brick over a .55 :lol:
Barracuda

committed
committed

Postby doctorpoopenstein420 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 am

Dunlop max grip .73. I hit too damn hard and these fuckers won't break. I love me some wobbly ass, loosey goosey picks.
pelliott wrote:Remember, in doom, you're never fat, you're just heavy
doctorpoopenstein420

committed
committed

Postby Jakezor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:46 pm

Been trying some Jazz 3s in tortex and ultex and just got an XL version. I like the XL version, but can't really decide on material or exact thickness, as I'm not that great, and not that picky. Also have a ton of nylon picks laying around, probably Dunlop.
Jakezor

committed
committed

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:11 pm

usually it's the 2.mm of these:

I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art