ILOVEDRUMS... It Begins.

Re: ILOVEDRUMS... It Begins.

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:18 pm

pretty much what I've been saying about going to cheaper cymbals since most can't tell the difference if it's expensive or not. It's not something that's for your overall sound it's for yourself. Nothing wrong with it, I just never cared about investing a ton more in cymbals after throwing away a few sets of 3k worth.
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Road Bull » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:07 pm

I picked up a used Paiste 22" 2002 Wild Ride as my new right side crash to replace my Paiste 24" Reverend Al's Big Ride.

This thing is heavier, thicker, has a super loud crash, and sustains for ever. I think it can stay.
Road Bull

committed
committed

Postby theAntihero » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 am

I always did like sabien b8s.....and they are cheap. In fact I had a drummer that would throw money at his set....yet loved b8 Hi hats
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby Road Bull » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:10 am

theAntihero wrote:I always did like sabien b8s.....and they are cheap. In fact I had a drummer that would throw money at his set....yet loved b8 Hi hats

Yeah, The funny thing is that from 15 feet away, out in the crowd, it might be hard to tell what you are hitting. And non-drummers hardly can tell much at all as far as differences between one cymbal and another. Both Dale and Coady from Melvins / Big Business primarily use Paiste Alphas. They use a fair amount of 20" crashes, a big (out of production) 24" Alpha ride, and whatnot. I am sure they could play other cymbals if they wanted to, but those are both working/touring bands. They might just look at is a just fine, and cost of business sort of thing. I imagine that they go through a fair amount of cymbals. The Alphas might last a bit longer overall, and are much cheaper to replace than, lets say, and all Paiste 2002 lineup.

Whenever I have some spare money in my hands, I will begin to look into picking up a couple of 16" Paiste crashes to turn into my new hi-hats. I have cracked 2 Paiste 2002 SE hi hats and that has gotten a bit expensive for me. I am currently using the 2002 SE bottom hat, and the top is a Paiste 15" Alpha Rock hi hat. this sounds pretty good, but, 15" hats are much harder to find replacements for. The way I figure it, I can go up, or down a size and be in MUCH better shape trying to find good used Paiste replacements.
Road Bull

committed
committed

Postby AxAxSxS » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:29 am

I feel bad Cause Ryder will spit some shit like the above at me and ask what I think and I'll reply with. It sounds good, it's loud, I like it. :D
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Road Bull » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:59 am

AxAxSxS wrote:I feel bad Cause Ryder will spit some shit like the above at me and ask what I think and I'll reply with. It sounds good, it's loud, I like it. :D

True. lol.

I think it is something you might develop and ear for if you listened closely or played, but otherwise, it either goes BOOM)))) or Crash))))!

You have your own ear for what is familiar to you. Just like, lets say if someone were to pick up my key chain, I can tell by the way my keys sound that they are mine. And if I were to play "spaceship" with a few knobs on your amp, you would know, and I would have to say that Dan did it. tee hee hee.
Road Bull

committed
committed

Postby Road Bull » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:34 am

Going to rock the current Paiste line up for a while, or until I break shit, or I decide to go back to Zildjian.

Running:
Alpha: 15" Rock HH
24" Rock Ride (GETTHAPHUCKOUT) Dat Bell!?!
22" 2002 Wild Ride (death crash)
22" 2002 Ride (crash) itelwork.

Overall pretty daum good. Volume for days.

Home setup that will work just fine...

Zildjian :
24" Medium Ride
14" New Beats
21" Sweet Ride

The 24" Medium Ride opens up enough to work really well as a crash. Very similar to cymbal kit used by Baptist drummer Nick Yacyshyn. The Zildjian 24" Medium Ride isofucking awesome. A truly great cymbal.

A review I did a while ago :

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/show ... ide+review
Road Bull

committed
committed

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org