Stacking Pharaoh and Black Forest

Stacking Pharaoh and Black Forest

Postby chamberpain » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:03 pm

I know it's been touched on in several threads but I'd love to see some of the settings you guys are using for this combo of pedals. I'm having a rough time getting these guys to play nice together. Or maybe it's just my brain not allowing me to think beyond the single pedal sounds. Any help is much appreciated. Oh.. I technically have a Badascan but I figure Pharaoh settings will get me close.
http://bastardsonsofajudasgoat.bandcamp.com

Successful transactions with Casavettes~Helter~Derelict78~ooop~DannDubbleEwe~WORMDIRT~space6oy~sergiomunoz74~duckworship~blakestree~doommeow
chamberpain

committed
committed

Re: Stacking Pharaoh and Black Forest

Postby pelliott » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:11 pm

My Pharaoh is running diodes off, tone knobs facing away from each other, gain around 10 o clock, volume almost dimed into the Black Forest with the tone knobs close to noon, FAC at 3rd from left setting, gain around 11 o clock, volume also almost dimed. Into a VT22.

It is comically loud. It sounds heavy and saturated as fuck. Sounds kinda like Bongzilla. Low gain, high volume on both, and lower settings of the high knob on the BF will be good places to work.
Last edited by pelliott on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Pizza » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 pm

:no: My Pharaoh and Destroyer want a Black Forest so bad.
http://vomitthesun.bandcamp.com
Good Deals with: fluffytunapouch-PetZounds-chuckjaywalk-ThurberMingus-AxAxSxS-Bellyheart-terminator-lordgalvar
Pizza

committed
committed

Postby UnicornTrap » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:33 pm

I like the diodes off mode the best for pharaoh too, but I usually have the black forest before the pharaoh set with BF fuzz around 3o clock (rest to taste). the volume rolloff/cleanup with this setup is nice with my guitar
UnicornTrap

committed
committed

Postby chamberpain » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am

Thanks for the info guys. I look forward to trying these and more.

Successful transactions with Casavettes~Helter~Derelict78~ooop~DannDubbleEwe~WORMDIRT~space6oy~sergiomunoz74~duckworship~blakestree~doommeow
chamberpain

committed
committed

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:55 am

I bought a Black Forest specifically to try stacking it with my Pharaoh. This is the combo I've been digging:

BF: Gain - 2 o'clock, Bass - noon, Treble - little past 2 o'clock, Depth - 3rd notch from the left, Vol - 11 o'clock > PH: Fuzz - max, Tone - noon, High - 11 o'clock, Hi, GE, Volume to taste...usually at max, lower just now while my wife is still asleep on the other side of the house.

Gives me enough bite to be able to palm mute and have some nice note definition and enough fuzz to give it some girth and keep it nasty sounding. I went with these settings to match a similar tone to how my I was running my RAT into the Pharaoh before.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I keep them both just above unity and gain dimed. I use them mostly on their own, but they still sound good stacked BF>Pharaoh that way.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Nostradoomus » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Black Forest ---> HM-2 ---> Destroyer ---> Quantum Mystic 8===D
ethan/big69 on HCFX
Nostradoomus

committed
committed

Postby guillotine420 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 pm

i go directly into the black forest from the guitar, settings look like:

depth - 4th position from the left (pretty open)
gain - all the way down or a just a bit (7 o clock maybe)
bass - from 11 to 12 oclock
treble - 2 oclock er so
volume - 2 oclock (this is the important one. black forest really seems to come alive once pushed past 2 oclock or so)

and the black forest stays like that always when i run it into the pharaoh with the following settings:

input diode - always on high for the most part

germanium diode = yer classic overdrivey goodness. fuzz varying anywhere from 10 to 4, volume bout 4 oclock
diode bypass = raw dog sludge land. very loud. fuzz usually up there, volume @ noon or 1
silicon = palm mute chug. prolly the most "metal" sounding, fuzz usually at from 2 to 4 oclock, volume at about 2 oclock

tone 1 - either 8 oclock for the doom bass if im playing by myself, or 2 oclock for a midrangey cut.
tone 2- - always 4oclock

these are my results with a 50 watt tube amp and a SG. all my gain is coming from the pharaoh and just pushing the amp hard. the black forest pretty much sounds like a sick treble boost/amp pusher the way i run it, but when they are both on is when the real magic happens. the pedals are fucking killer, black arts toneworks is the good shit. but the main thing with these is that they were meant to be pushed hard and played loud. dont really sound right to me if you arent doing that. :idk: :thumb:
guillotine420

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 am

Nostradoomus wrote:Black Forest ---> HM-2 ---> Destroyer ---> Quantum Mystic 8===D

Guh, that sounds killer.
Currently running my FZ-2 into my BF.
Sounds fucking gnarl, but in drop A, there is some fart....I think that could be the puny amp I'm using though, just not coping.
I really wish I hadn't sold my revelation now, cause I reckon the FZ-2 into that beast would fucking slay.....fuck...now I wanna rev superbass....again.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chamberpain » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:40 am

You guys are great. :!!!: Can't wait for the weekend so I can give these a shot. I'm running at a pretty good volume (band levels) so I don't believe that's the issue. I think it's more my unwillingness to see them as one large pedal vs the two killer pedals they are separately.

chamberpain

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:01 am

ALL BAT stuff loves to be stacked. And, yeah, it is really hard at first to get your head around it, as they sound SO awesome on their own, but once you start combining shit :doom:
They make 99% of other pedals sound better and when you combine them (BATs together), you summon dark forces, so stack away! And they are super interactive, so they become an extension of other pedals....but also of your amp.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 am

Iommic Pope wrote:you summon dark forces.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Pizza » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:56 am

+1 on stacking BAT stuff. Destroyer loves the Pharaoh.
http://vomitthesun.bandcamp.com
Good Deals with: fluffytunapouch-PetZounds-chuckjaywalk-ThurberMingus-AxAxSxS-Bellyheart-terminator-lordgalvar
Pizza

committed
committed

Postby chamberpain » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am

summoning dark forces sounds like exactly what i'm looking for :doom:

chamberpain

committed
committed

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org