How Doom Is This?



Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Iommic Pope » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:21 am

That is fucking rad.
So awesome tovhear stuff like that.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11370
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:28 pm

That's an awesome story! My kids play (13 y/o even sings and plays in a band) but they don't play heavy stuff and won't play with me. I guess I didn't start them early enough.

My daughter has done Girls Rock camp a couple of times. They get 5 girls to write and perform a couple of songs in a week. It's a great learning experience because it's egos like you wouldn't believe! It's a problem-solving seminar. Most of the music ends up sucking, but that's beside the point. I was super proud when, after all of these girls posing and giving each other the stink eye, my daughter's band came up and were all business.

Anyway that's an awesome dad and two awesome kids!
maggot

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:08 pm

I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:
maggot

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:47 pm

She's better than I am.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28440
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:59 pm

maggot wrote:I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:


Thats rad! I actually had not gone down the youtube wormhole with them.

That vid led me to this, which has footage from Music and Art in Wright Park, they played right after Flux and we held off getting our gear out of there so we could watch their set. it was funny watching all the punk and metal chicks simultaneously have their ovaries explode. this songs a bit to cute. But it shows Dahlia pulling off a feat many adults never master, in keeping a beat and singing. I guess she's 7 now, missed the Birthday there. You can also see some of the synth rig, although lucian plays a very simple part on this one. They do put it to use in weirder ways as well.

Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:03 pm

I saw the "official" video of that song and I was thinking, "what a rip off, Dad's playing all the parts, it's edited, etc." Because kids playing drums has this certain sound. Then I looked at the other vids and that's actually how they play.

It's also an example of what SLK was talking about; if you hit the drums right, you can sound big on a toy set. But the fact is, some people are just drummers. You can learn it, but some people are born with it.
maggot

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby AxAxSxS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:16 pm

:D Just watched that. Must have cost them about a dollar to make. Genious. Take the kids to point defiance, turn them loose, film. Better than 99% of the overly cheese filled "we're so badass" videos you see. On the drums, they have pretty good technique. Justin knows his stuff so I'm sure the drums are tuned correctly and that has a huge effect. I can attest that there is zero fakery going on. Live they pull it all off and yeah there are some kid moments, they don't really get a lot of direction and if one of them wants to jump off the stage and go hug someone or whatever during a set, then that's what happens and they resume when the kid comes back.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4833
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby maggot » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm

I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.
maggot

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:15 pm

Those kids are the epitome of prepubescent doom. :doom:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34507
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:05 pm

"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34507
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:13 pm

. It is the largest organ in the world, as measured by the number of pipes


Image
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28440
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:25 pm

It's also the loudest organ in the world. :D
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34507
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:30 pm

maggot wrote:I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.


It is something I'll also be thinking about when I pick up my guitar next time, then promptly putting it down and commiting flagellence and mortification for my sins against music instead.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11370
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby maggot » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:25 am

Iommic Pope wrote:
maggot wrote:I'll think about her the next time I see a 30-year-old man with his veins popping out on his forehead sounding like ass on the drums.


It is something I'll also be thinking about when I pick up my guitar next time, then promptly putting it down and commiting flagellence and mortification for my sins against music instead.


Yeah, me too. And I'm way old. Sucking at 47 is very sad. Pretty soon I'll be old enough to have an excuse for getting my butt kicked by 7-year-olds, though.
maggot

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:18 am

Re: How Doom Is This?

Postby TempusEdaxRerum » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

maggot wrote:I just checked out some of their vids. The funny part is that the 6-year-old is pretty fuckin' awesome on drums. I've bbeen in adult bands where we were totally screwed because we couldn't find a drummer as good as her:


I know this is more or less of a rant that doesn't involve kids, but back in my old black metal band we were trying out some older drummer guy who was ranting and raving about how he played slayer and all that bullshit but when he got behind the kit he couldn't even play an upbeat for 3 seconds. Or at all, for that matter. He had no idea what the fuck he was doing. I have no idea how he could possibly play slayer not knowing that there has to be a rhythm when you play drums.
Maybe he was just a genius that transcended into the arrhythmic form of extreme jazz drumming.

That is a lie, I made it up for him right now. Even though this happened like 8 years ago.
That guy sucked ass.
TempusEdaxRerum

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:24 am
Location: Portland, OR

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.