Any solid state love?

Re: Any solid state love?

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:35 am

maggot wrote:If it doesn't take pedals well, I'll be bummed!

this guy got good tones with the mini

“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:40 am

got a mico svt-cl stack in used at work. hmm.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:03 am

Looking forward to the Tone Block because playing the Baritone through the Pro Tube 30 at band practice is sounds compressed as fuck and kind of depressing. I need some clean watts!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:59 pm

Tone Block 200 sounds great! Not quite as fearsome as the Acoustic 150, but much quieter and hopefully more reliable. It doesn't have the weird mid range spike that the Acoustic has with the bright switch on (and it doesn't really sound like a guitar amp with it off). I haven't been able to really see what the Tone Block can do. It's a little dark, and the EQ sometimes needs a little help, but it's nothing I can't do with the three knob EQ on my ME-70. It clearly has a lot of edge-of-distortion sounds, although you could also run it very clean. There are a lot of different ways to deal with gain and voicing, but plugging it right in and stepping on a Quantum Mystic works too! I have no idea how loud it can get, but with the attenuator at 20 watts, it's already getting loud.
Last edited by maggot on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:04 pm

Iommic Pope told me this one sounds good:

https://reverb.com/item/4261148-vintage ... tate-combo

:idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby maggot » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Iommic Pope told me this one sounds good:

https://reverb.com/item/4261148-vintage ... tate-combo

:idk:

With that argyle it'd have to.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:09 am

I kinda would like to see a band of librarians cover EHG tunes with that thing.
:snax:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:06 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:I kinda would like to see a band of librarians cover EHG tunes with that thing.
:snax:

I always wanted to have a band that dressed like 70s professors with tweed jackets with patches on the elbows, tan chucka boots with crepe soles, etc. Then everyone started to dress like that, and now it's a old hat. It's so 2015!
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:04 pm

I had a chance to check out Tone Block 200 loud today at lunch. It's pretty awesome. The only bummer is that (for my Baritone, at least) you need an EQ in front of it, because it's just a little too boomy (probably the location of the cabinet in the room, but still annoying) and it doesn't have enough high end. It's not hard to dial in on the 3-band EQ ME-70, but I don't want to have to plug in to that monstrosity every time. Still, it sounds good loud and quiet. The cleans are super clear and it even has decent in-between sounds, including tolerable JCM-800 mid-gain and Fender with Screamer tones. Not earthshattering overdrive, but useable, and sounds better the louder you play. It takes pedals well for the most part, but can sound tubby with them without EQ. Thinking of getting a Tone Job or Giggity or something cuz I've never met a graphic EQ that I like.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:04 pm

My new EQ is gonna be a TC Spark Booster cuz I just traded for it. Supposedly it has some headroom and bass and treble knobs, so that should be all I need. Still loving the Tone Block, though.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby Jäke » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Very interesting. The EQ must've been tweaked for the 201, because I'm actually using my settings to cut as much treble as possible. Go figure.
poop.
Jäke

committed
committed

Postby maggot » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:52 pm

Jäke wrote:Very interesting. The EQ must've been tweaked for the 201, because I'm actually using my settings to cut as much treble as possible. Go figure.

The probably got complaints and started making it brighter, with a treble cut. I can get just about enough treble, but sometimes with my baritone, I can't dial out enough bass, especially if I don't want a ton of mids.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby emptyparadigm » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Jäke wrote:Very interesting. The EQ must've been tweaked for the 201, because I'm actually using my settings to cut as much treble as possible. Go figure.

Same here. Massive treble cut but that's also because I don't like a bright tone for myself anyway.
KHEMMIS. Doomed heavy metal. DECEIVER out 11/19/21 on Nuclear Blast.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby maggot » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:13 pm

After a couple of weeks, I quit bothering with the outboard EQ. It's not that it's never helpful, just that the amp EQ gets close enough to accommodate my laziness.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby waltdogg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:17 pm

halp. my musicman is blowing up my ampeg pf-500's preamp. and with the pad engaged i can't get any breakup. and i want breakup. i'm looking into a comp pedal or rewiring the bass passive. this seems to be an issue with only the pf-500. no problems with gks and other solid state amps. even amps without pads. it's just the ampeg that freaks out.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org