Any solid state love?

Re: Any solid state love?

Postby PuddysJacket » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 pm

In the history of guitar playing, there has never been a more unwarranted, clinging cult following as there is with tube amps.

My favorite example to point out is the SUNN0))))))))) jaggoffs that dress up like ewoks and play through 50k in amps, in order to pay their due to early Earth material.......which was all done using ss amps.

Kinda sums up the human condition if you think hard enough about it. :picard:
PuddysJacket

involved
involved

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:20 pm

I can’t believe that I’ve missed this thread.

I love anything peavey. Sure, tube amps sound great, but I Rarely get to play above bedroom levels so having a $1k Head does me know good.

Plus, all the tube amps I’ve played hide my pedals!
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Ive been super into my new quilter 101 for bedroom level playing and headphone riffing. Gonna take it to play with a band for the first time tomorrow and will report back.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:37 am

gnomethrone wrote:Ive been super into my new quilter 101 for bedroom level playing and headphone riffing. Gonna take it to play with a band for the first time tomorrow and will report back.

I have a gk Mb500, which is a class d bass amp, and love it
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:29 pm

Quilter 101 went to its first band practice and i'm super happy with the lil' fella. I had the volume less than half the way up and it was keeping up with drums, bass and another guitar. Used pedals into the jazz channel with the gain at like 2, flat eq, no high cut. Cab is a homebrewed 2x12 with some dusty old celestions in it. Pedals were an odb-3, a pharoah for leads and a TC T2 reverb with a springy toneprint. So nice having my amp sound the same loud as does at bedroom level. And it fit in a messenger bag with room to spare. For silent playing I want to get a little cab sim pedal or something for the headphone out but the high cut works good enough for now. One of my best gear purchases ever.
good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby WORMDIRT » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm

PuddysJacket wrote:In the history of guitar playing, there has never been a more unwarranted, clinging cult following as there is with tube amps.

My favorite example to point out is the SUNN0))))))))) jaggoffs that dress up like ewoks and play through 50k in amps, in order to pay their due to early Earth material.......which was all done using ss amps.

You are very wrong sir.
Gardens
Daniel Plainview
Sick Sweat

AxAxSxS wrote:Open House Upper Decker Blumpkin would be the ultimate life achievement.
WORMDIRT

committed
committed

Postby JereFuzz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:40 pm

WORMDIRT wrote:
PuddysJacket wrote:In the history of guitar playing, there has never been a more unwarranted, clinging cult following as there is with tube amps.

You are very wrong sir.

Exactly, they dress up as Jawas, not Ewoks.
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:45 pm

JereFuzz wrote:
WORMDIRT wrote:

You are very wrong sir.

Exactly, they dress up as Jawas, not Ewoks.

perfect
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby samzadgan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:53 pm

I've always like good analog solid state amps...peavey's have always been great.

recently (6 months ago) I got an Acoustic 150...I was blown away by it...such a great amp.

fast forward to last week, and I go myself a second one, an Acoustic 135 combo. This one is awesome as it has original speakers too.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby John Matrix » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Quilter 101 went to its first band practice and i'm super happy with the lil' fella. I had the volume less than half the way up and it was keeping up with drums, bass and another guitar. Used pedals into the jazz channel with the gain at like 2, flat eq, no high cut. Cab is a homebrewed 2x12 with some dusty old celestions in it. Pedals were an odb-3, a pharoah for leads and a TC T2 reverb with a springy toneprint. So nice having my amp sound the same loud as does at bedroom level. And it fit in a messenger bag with room to spare. For silent playing I want to get a little cab sim pedal or something for the headphone out but the high cut works good enough for now. One of my best gear purchases ever.

I use one of these for band practice when i don't feel like lugging my tube head. Loud as hell and the low end is insane. Though, I wish the eq was more traditional. They could have fit the standard Low, Mid, High knobs on there instead of the weird controls that it has and it would be more versatile.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:02 pm

John Matrix wrote:They could have fit the standard Low, Mid, High knobs on there

Yeah thats what they did on their 101 reverb model. I wanna pick one up someday just to see what kinda difference it makes. Also using them both and having a loud ass stereo amp setup that weighs like 4 pounds would be siq as fuq.
good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

just scored a ts-50B and it's every bit as advertised.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:57 pm

I do want to be clear and state that I have a fuzz or, AT LEAST, a distortion on all the time. I'm not much into clean toanz, which may bias my opinion.

But tha SS gear makes the pedals sound like the pedal, not colored by tooobz
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:27 am

anybody excited for the new orange pedal baby amp on here? Any people thinking about giving it a test?
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:05 am

I have used my gallien krueger mb500, which uses the same ice module for power, on guitar and bass.

Love the class D stuff that's coming out now. Sounds great. Doesn't have the doom look.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org