Bass amp recs

Re: Bass amp recs

Postby theAntihero » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 am

whiskey_face wrote:those fucking pussies on talkbass

"look at my back breaking neodymium 212 cabinet"

12s? hah cute mid bro.

Lol, what i love is the whole Here is my superlightweight system with a class d 300w amp and my 15lb cab to go with it. It doesnt really have any lows, mids or tone whatsoever, but dangnabbit do those highs sparkle thru! :!!!: I mean it may sound bad but i can carry everything in on one trip! No longer will i be the guy that has to lift bass suitable cabs a backbreaking twice a night!

I mean seriously, its not like you spend the entire night with your rig strapped to your back, you lift it once to get it into the venue, then once when you leave, a grand total of maybe 10minutes of actual physical exertion.
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby John Matrix » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:06 pm

theAntihero wrote:
whiskey_face wrote:those fucking pussies on talkbass

"look at my back breaking neodymium 212 cabinet"

12s? hah cute mid bro.

Lol, what i love is the whole Here is my superlightweight system with a class d 300w amp and my 15lb cab to go with it. It doesnt really have any lows, mids or tone whatsoever, but dangnabbit do those highs sparkle thru! :!!!: I mean it may sound bad but i can carry everything in on one trip! No longer will i be the guy that has to lift bass suitable cabs a backbreaking twice a night!

I mean seriously, its not like you spend the entire night with your rig strapped to your back, you lift it once to get it into the venue, then once when you leave, a grand total of maybe 10minutes of actual physical exertion.

The money they save on cabs can now be spent on sweet fedoras and bowling shirts to wear at the gigs.
John Matrix

experienced
experienced

Postby mc_muench » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Not all of us on TB are baffoons...there lay a small DOOM settlement in the middle of the shit. Were we still worship the 100+ lbs cab and the heavy is a metric fvck ton.

HAIL SATAN WORSHIP DOOM. Did I mention we have the bassist of Bongripper on there?
Rev. DOOM, The Dude of DOOM, DOOMER, El DOOMerino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing...

PVYHenge ~|~ Bear amps ○)))

http://vegawi.bandcamp.com
http://galactichatchet.bandcamp.com
mc_muench

committed
committed

Postby MeSoFuzzy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:44 pm

mc_muench wrote:Not all of us on TB are baffoons...there lay a small DOOM settlement in the middle of the shit. Were we still worship the 100+ lbs cab and the heavy is a metric fvck ton.

HAIL SATAN WORSHIP DOOM. Did I mention we have the bassist of Bongripper on there?

We're referring to the loonies, not the entire forum. Bongripper is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!!!:
MeSoFuzzy

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:03 pm

Ron posts here, too.

I liked TB because of the wide striation of folks. I disliked it for many of the same reasons.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:48 pm

mc_muench wrote:Not all of us on TB are baffoons...there lay a small DOOM settlement in the middle of the shit. Were we still worship the 100+ lbs cab and the heavy is a metric fvck ton.

Oh i know but the vast majority are terrified by a tone that is at all bassy( i mentioned that my bassists, and mine as well, recorded tone was the tone on Funeralopolis and got all sorts of flack for it, even some thru PM :lol: ) and cabs that weigh more than 20lbs make them weep in terror.
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:09 am

talktreble
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Timm Grimm » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:30 pm

I just parsed through but didn't see this option mentioned.
A peavey vb-2. It's 225 watts all tube. Does 2, 4, 8 ohm. Gets some serious breakup. Toss in a big cab or two and he'll never have an issue being heard. Goes for around $500-$600. And is a truly awesome cheap tube amp.
Timm Grimm

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org