Holy crap, Sunn Alpha 112

Holy crap, Sunn Alpha 112

Postby theAntihero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:30 pm

I just got myself a Sunn Alpha 112 and im pretty damn impressed. I expected it to be similiar to the Beta Lead i have but...its not at all. :eek:

First off, massive bass response with this thing, massive. Like 7/8ths of RedBear :eek: It is way smoother sounding than the Beta too although its not a "nice" sort of distortion it puts out.

Also, stupidly bad speaker in this thing...horrible in nearly everyway. I ripped it out and hooked up a temporary jack and played thru some cabs and the difference was ridiculous :love: . So my plan is to slap in a 16ohm et65 or my custom made Weber, then drill thru the back and wire up a jack so i can also use an extention cab as well (the amp apparently runs at 8 ohm since thats what the speaker is). Even at 16 ohms both speakers are far louder than the stock speaker :thumb:

So what ill have is a light small Doom amp that i can also hook up to a 6x12/4x12/2x5/etc. And what did i pay for this little pocket full of doom?

$27.56 after tax :!!!:
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Re: Holy crap, Sunn Alpha 112

Postby AxAxSxS » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Nice score man, I'm not familiar with those, solid state?
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 pm

Yup, SS c-mos like the Beta
Great trades with : Officer Bukowski, Bklingman, Jero, Jrmy,ethanxcampos, whiskey_face, doctorpoopenstein420, terminator
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:29 pm

WTF HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

did you say 7/8ths the bass response of a redbear? HNNNNNG
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby theAntihero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:34 pm

whiskey_face wrote:WTF HNNNNNNNNNNNNG

did you say 7/8ths the bass response of a redbear? HNNNNNG

Dude, find one and buy it, seriously :thumb:

It sounds MASSIVE with the new et-65 and your old fz2, i cant wait to wire the extention speaker jack and try it with the 2x15 as well
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:40 pm

I actually picked up two suns today one is a beta lead 4x10 from a friend (it made the full whore circle between me and friends back to me :lol: ) and a sunn poweramp that has a graphic eq. its great for amps that have a slave out and it does two ohms =D 80$ lololol
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby theAntihero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:44 pm

Sweet! I still gotta get my Beta Lead fixed, after i made a nice headshell for it, it died. I think its trying to say that its not a "nice" sorta amp lol
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:50 pm

theAntihero wrote:Sweet! I still gotta get my Beta Lead fixed, after i made a nice headshell for it, it died. I think its trying to say that its not a "nice" sorta amp lol

theyre sooo ofucking gnar. in a great way. :lol:

whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby theAntihero » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:28 pm

whiskey_face wrote:
theAntihero wrote:Sweet! I still gotta get my Beta Lead fixed, after i made a nice headshell for it, it died. I think its trying to say that its not a "nice" sorta amp lol

theyre sooo ofucking gnar. in a great way. :lol:

Absolutley, its like the amp that you would meet in a dark alley, nasty damn amp that sounds so nasty its glorius. Ive never got to play a 4x10 version though, congrats on that
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Im not a fan of tens at all. I might plop in a replacement baffle with an 18 or 21. y the fuck not. . .

whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benjuro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:50 pm

whiskey_face wrote:Im not a fan of tens at all. I might plop in a replacement baffle with an 18 or 21. y the fuck not. . .

I played my Beta Lead thru one of my 4x10"s once...once.
Special low-frequency version.
benjuro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby theAntihero » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:50 pm

whiskey_face wrote:Im not a fan of tens at all. I might plop in a replacement baffle with an 18 or 21. y the fuck not. . .

If you drop a 21 in.....clips.....I needs them :eek:
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:04 pm

theAntihero wrote:

If you drop a 21 in.....clips.....I needs them :eek:

damn thing sold on craigslist last night. :lol:

whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby theAntihero » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:53 pm

So an update. While the et65 sounded like an upgrade alone, with the 2x15 the difference is huge so i gotta find a speaker that works well in tiny enclosures....or just build a new bigger cabinet for the alpha.
theAntihero

experienced
experienced

Postby whiskey_face » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 am

BIGGER CAB!

whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org