Randall MTS

Randall MTS

Postby horseblanket » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Now, I have never been a fan of or even interested in Randall as a company. For some reason they just never hit my radar. A couple of months back I inherited an RM100 modular amp from my brother who sang its praises for years but I never listened.
The idea behind it is that the amp itself has a dedicated tube power amp and a modular pre-amp system. The preamps are themselves are kind of like these tube filled nintendo cartridges. The stock ones are kind of assy but there are some dudes out there who rewire/revoice them to replicate a bunch of classic and boutique amps. And they sound pretty awesome. Maybe not 100% right on, but I'll be damned it ain't close enough. I have had it a while now I am kinda loving it. I have picked up a few mods on my own.
When I got it my brother had it set up with two stock modules and a modded module called a Mash-All+ that is like having 4 marshall's in one. With the flip of a few Switches it can go from being a 1959 Plexi to a JCM 800 to a Jose Mod to a modern sounding JVM. It sounds pretty damn accurate. Especially the JCM mode. I have since picked up an Orange preamp that sounds incredible and now one of the more famous modders as ventured into bass territory and made an SVT clone module. I want to get my hands on that.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has any experience with these.
They are definitely not sexy but in regard to flexibility these things are insane.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Re: Randall MTS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:41 pm

I've seen these before but never really gave em the time of day, any chance you could post a clip of the orange preamp? I'd definitely be interested in hearing what it can do.

*edit* I just checked out the Jaded Faith site (the module modder) and some of em sound pretty good, I liked the VHT and Bogner clone. If they can do a Fortin clone... :idea:
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby horseblanket » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:02 pm

I'll try and bang out a video this weekend. No concrete promises though because I am freelancing like a motherfucker at the moment.
My mods are from this dude:
http://salvationmods.com/index.php?page=modifications

I have the Mashall and the Stonerverb.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:13 pm

Interesting.... If I ever get back into playing faster extreme metal I'll have to give this a serious consideration.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby horseblanket » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:17 pm

I primarily play noise and doomy stuff though it. Works well. I am super curious if that SVT module could be treated like an ampeg v4.
horseblanket

committed
committed

Return to ilovedoom.org