I Built an Amp!

Re: I Built an Amp!

Postby louderthangod » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:10 pm

I just meant too many "big" knobs. Most Mat's mix the large and medium knobs together. I like the big ones and I've always wanted to do an amp that just had one super, giant knob or a throttle like a jet that functioned like the volume knob.
[b]“I'm not an abstractionist. I'm not interested in the relationship of color or form or anything else. I'm interested only in expressing basic human emotions: tragedy, ecstasy, doom, and so on.”
― Mark Rothko
http://www.floatingglasses.bandcamp.com http://theworshipofsilence.bandcamp.com
louderthangod

experienced
experienced

Postby dazedbyday » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm

louderthangod wrote:I just meant too many "big" knobs. Most Mat's mix the large and medium knobs together. I like the big ones and I've always wanted to do an amp that just had one super, giant knob or a throttle like a jet that functioned like the volume knob.

Ah, I see. I just wanted a little more uniform look but liked the big knobs. Some oranges I have seen have had weird big/little combos though. Like the Bass knob big but the treble and presence knob small.

vidret wrote:clips or it's a bugera

Nooooooo! I swear it works! I guess this is the downside of having almost everything at the practice space. I took my mics to the space and I don't have a spare here. I should just pick up a sm57 to leave here at the apartment.
dazedbyday

experienced
experienced

Postby new05002 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:50 am

All big knobs!!! I dig it that way~!
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dazedbyday » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:14 am

So I was able to haul it to my practice space on the subway, but I forgot my pro tools ilok so i couldn't record on the dam computer. I think we are going to have practice either tomorrow or tuesday so I will hopefully get a recording then. But till then I can entice you guys with another photo:

dazedbyday

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 am

Amazing!!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dazedbyday » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:47 pm

So I was able to put together a quick demo to show you what the amp sounds like. It is just a quick video with I guess what you could call a "standard" setting on the amp. Nothing maxed, everything pretty even with the preamp volume about half way and the master most of the way up. I have a bit longer video that I made where I am noodling most of the time that I will upload later. Enjoy.

Here is a bit more crappy noodling. This one I flip on more pedals so there is some orbital modulator, ocd clone, pharaoh clone, delays, supermoon reverb and I use the super ego and a pog 2 in the loop.

dazedbyday

experienced
experienced

Postby Bossk » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm

vidret wrote:clips or it's a bugera

I run a bugera :poke:
Bossk

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Amazing necrobump
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 am

sell it to me
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dazedbyday » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Hahaha, I think I am going to hold on to her for a bit. If you want one though, thats something I could help with.
dazedbyday

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org