Doom Room 1 knob Muff Group DIY

Re: Doom Room 1 knob Muff Group DIY

Postby new05002 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:44 am

moose23 wrote:
new05002 wrote:I wanted to iterate a small thing here about this project. I do not believe this will be a problem with anyone but let me just clarify this since I have thought about it just today. This project is for personal use only, not for commercial use. I know that some people are going to build units for people in the doom room or this thread which is totally fine and its totally fine with me if you charge more to cover your time/effort/labor. However please do not use the pcb design I created to make your own units and sell them outside of here. If you want to make and sell your own units then just make a new pcb design. The schematic is open source of course since its just a LBMP scheme adapted for general use.

I would rather not get into a protracted fight over selling units with my pcb so if this looks like the case just contact me ahead of time and we can work it out.

Just in case anyone's wondering and for the sake of clarity seeing as I bought four, one is for myself, one for Samzagadan, one for Slomatic and one for a certain other Dunwich fanboy/good friend of mine that doesn't post here. All being done for costs and round about an hour of my time. I'll be very impressed if I can put one of these together in an hour but if I can then I'll charge less than an hour of my time..

That's all good, I figured you would be building a few for others
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby John » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:14 pm

Barracuda wrote:
John wrote:I know I'm late to the game,

but can I get one of these with tubes and a Klon switch?

As long as after the mods it's just another tubescrea.... errr, I mean, amp-like and responds to your guitar's volume knob. :whateva:

TOOBS CREAMER IZ SEKRET QLON ZOMGZ
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:19 pm

Version 2. Marsh Chapel + Booster

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

O I C
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:27 am

I think I have the electro etching method worked out.

2014-02-13 20.51.08.jpg
2014-02-13 20.51.08.jpg (106.81 KiB) Viewed 4109 times

Now I just need to get the order finished for all the parts. I was about 50% done earlier and my laptop died on me. I had to go do other things for a bit so I wouldn't smash it :lol: Makes me realize how much effort you guys who build put into it. I'm sure you guys are a lot more intuitive on where to get what, but this has been a bit frustrating so far. I think it will be easier the second time around ordering everything. It's like I've had a practice run now. :facepalm:
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:46 am

AxAxSxS wrote:
misterstomach wrote:ax,
i was really hoping i would be able to get in on this, but alas, i've been so broke i can hardly eat. however, i'm finally close to catching up on the pay schedule at my new job to the point that i'm getting regular full paychecks and my bills aren't making me want to kill myself. almost. but, if you end up with enough extra shit for another pedal, i'd love to get it from you. built or unbuilt. money should be normal within a month or so. i'll even be up your way for a show or two in april. obviously built is something i'd pay you for. i'd be happy to build it myself if you have parts and a pcb. mostly the pcb. i'd even be happy with one of those boxes that looks like it came off the bottom the ocean. i actually have one of those blank and unused sitting around though if you don't have extra of those. or i'd trade it to you for one of those awesome ones. and by awesome i mean the over etched crazy ones. i should have gotten in on this, but i just didn't have the money. i don't want anyone to make an exception for me. it just seems like you're getting some extra stuff, right? if not, no big deal. just thought i'd throw it out there.

You got it man. the extra was for if I goofed something up, I'll just be more careful :thumb: I still have to order parts, will get on that. Do you WANT over etched? I'm going to start etching boxes in the next couple of days.

i'm not particular about the etching. you're awesome for doing it. i'll definitely be down to throw some scratch your way for everything. thanks dude. if something happens and it doesn't work out, then no sweat, but it'd be awesome if it comes together.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:58 am

I think it'll work out ok :thumb: I'm going to do the other boxes tomorrow and try to get the parts ordered. We'll see. Lots going on so it may take a bit for to get to everything. I think when all is ready for final assembly I'll post pics of the enclosures and you guys can pick which ones. As far as far as money goes. I'm only asking for cost of materials. This is a for fun and learning thing on my end and I'll be happy just seeing the ones I make get used. I'm no pro builder. And would not feel right asking to be paid as such
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.

AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 am

new05002 wrote:Version 2. Marsh Chapel + Booster

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can we call it the two knob nation?!?! :cool:

AxAxSxS wrote:I think I have the electro etching method worked out.

2014-02-13 20.51.08.jpg

:love: :drool: I'd say so!!!!
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

name who knows really. Thinking for this one 2 stomps, configurable order switch like the Coven or Sarc. 1 stomp is master on/off 1 stomp is boost on/off or you could do separate on/offs
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 pm

speaking from experience...the configurable switch is a great idea and i don't know why all pedals don't have it.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:57 am

2 more done :thumb: the one on the left is for me and has some extra stuff on the sides.

AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LOCOPELAND » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 am

Looks awesome, John. Is the right one mine? :cool: :hug:
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 am

yep :thumb:

AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DannDubbleEwe » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Have the last of the parts in the way and should be here Monday - I should have a completed one by then! Got parts for Mr. Summit too. I'll have 4 more I will post up in this thread for you fine folks who haven't found anyone to build you up one yet.

:hug:

EXCITE

also love the idea of the MC + Booster!! YEASSSSS
DannDubbleEwe

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:44 pm

yea boosted muff is a go to kind of setup. Also one of my favorite FET boosters. Think it would be nice before or after the pedal, run it for volume boost post muff or gain boost premuff
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org