Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby black mess » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:53 pm

will do, thanks!
black mess

involved
involved

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 am

Yeah, I can't do it. I've always had problems with mobility and that exercise is no different. I do practise it every now and again though.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby black mess » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:52 pm

I can't do it either, not even close :(
black mess

involved
involved

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Very few people can on the first try. If you're built like me (broad shoulders and very inflexible from birth) it's going to be difficult to do. That's part of the point though. Not to say that inflexible people naturally have poor posture, but there is the possibility that having heavier shoulders means you need stronger muscles to keep them in the right place.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:27 pm

I spend pretty much most of the day in front of a computer or playing guitar, both of which do not encourage good posture.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby black mess » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:09 pm

I installed a little software on my PC that reminds me every ten minutes to sit up straight. Sounds ridiculous but it helps a bit.
black mess

involved
involved

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

vidret wrote:there you go. not a whole lot to do with built/made that way or big shoulders ;)

Well, my ex told me I had big shoulders so fuck you! :lol:

vidret wrote:you could try seating your bottom all the way in on the chair and then put a pillow just above your ass to achieve a proper lumbar curvature (ie no slouch) when leaning back on it, should allow you to sit better while relaxed.

i do it all the time. somewhat like above.

This is a good idea. My computer chair is really easy to slouch in. I might try this.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:58 am

I found this awesome video to add to the collection in the OP on proper squat form. It's quick and talks about the problems and incorrect form rather than just stating the correct form, just for some perspective.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Vidret, I have a question for you. I thought maybe you could shine some light on something that's on my mind.

I've cut back on my food intake quite substantially. Although my main meals are rarely unhealthy, they wouldn't be super free of fattening carbs and fats. They're things like chicken curries, spaghetti bolognese, steak and sauteed vegetables, etc. But I used to gorge in between meals and late at night. I've cut that out. And I don't buy cakes, chocolates, and crisps in mass quantity any more. I've joined a boxing gym but I can't get into a regular routine because of how far away it is and because I have no transportation. When I do go we work on intense bodyweight cardio workouts together as well as shadow boxing, sparring, and beating the bag. It's pretty tough so I know it's doing some good. And I bought some proper running shoes so I'll be trying to run and walk more.

But my question is, why haven't I lost any weight yet? Is my body still getting used to the new diet and is in fat storing mode? I've only been doing it for three-four weeks, and I haven't been mega strict. I bet I've cut out 300-500 calories in my day though, from a guess.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 pm

AngryGoldfish wrote:But my question is, why haven't I lost any weight yet? Is my body still getting used to the new diet and is in fat storing mode? I've only been doing it for three-four weeks, and I haven't been mega strict. I bet I've cut out 300-500 calories in my day though, from a guess.

I was always under the impression that building muscle mass helped lose weight. Although you gain a few pounds early on when they start to grow, with a limited calorie intake the muscles begin to demand energy that would normally go to fat or just get passed through the body get absorbed. I read a supporting article from a trainer who said women he spoke to had similar issues, and they reported cutting out a lot of food and doing a LOT of cardio and almost no weight lifting.

Just for the record, any post I make in this thread (they're quite rare) is almost entirely conjecture. My younger brother does a lot more weight lifting and dieting, so I've picked up a few things from talking to him, but neither of us are actually personal trainers; although I am a MMA instructor. :animal:
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:01 pm

I still hope to try and build muscle mass because I know that can help greatly with losing fat, but it feels like I should have at least lost a few pounds. But nothing. :( I aim to slowly invest in a home gym with weights and a bench.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:27 pm

Yea, I hear ya. I have an opposite problem to most people in that I can't gain any substantial muscle mass/weight gain. No matter how much I lift and eat, I gain almost no weight. I'm sure it has something to do with metabolism and how I process nutrients, so I figured why stress? I'll just keep working and getting stronger until my metabolism slows down or I figure out the secret.

Come to think of it, what is your calorie intake? I was up to 3000 calories a day at one point, which is basically like an extra meal and a half a day; but really that extra meal felt more like the difference between being full for the day and feeling bloated before going to bed. :idk:
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby SpaceFlunky » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:47 pm

I'm down to 193lbs....officially lost about 42lbs since i started weighing myself. Still doing the StrongLifts 5x5 work out program and started doing Ab Vacuuming workouts instead of crunches. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlydSqhwRk4
Good Deals on ILF with: destroyerjazz - kosta - hbombgraphics - jskadiang - Chumley - adrianlee - Communarchy - ianmarks - GlitteryChunks - decomposing - Chankgeez

http://loshijosdeldiablo.bandcamp.com/
SpaceFlunky

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:14 am

Ok, so now, after months of studying around work, I finally have time to hit this fucker.
Tonight was my first night with set A.

I got a lot of work to do.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org