the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby mathias » Fri May 08, 2015 12:08 pm

Nice job!

I missed ~3 weeks away from the gym due to work and stress and not having a vehicle, but now that's all resolved so I got a workout in this morning. Shaky but relearning the proper form for squats. Feels like I lost strength in just those 3ish weeks.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:46 pm

145 kg Clean

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby potatofarmer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:35 pm

potatofarmer wrote:Another monthly update:
Pulldowns 140#, standing shoulder press 70#, Romanian dead 100#, squat BW+70#, bench press 100#, rows 120#.

Looks like I'm falling behind on my monthly posts.

Pulldowns 155#,
Standing shoulder press 80#,
Romanian Deadlifts 120#,
Squat 80#,
Bench press 100#,
Rows 130#.

I hit the max single-dumbbell squat of 75# a couple weeks ago and I can't find a good way to hold a pair of dumbbells besides at my sides so suitcase it is for now. I'm watching the depth; pretty sure I'm getting as close to ATTG as I was with goblets.

Not sure what's going on with my bench press, but whatever. If it stays at 100 for another month I'll start to wonder.
potatofarmer

interested
interested

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Been really struggling to work out. Just can't find the motivation. I've started and stopped so many times it's becoming a joke. I'm now back at it. I'm focusing on really quick 30 minute workouts. I don't follow any particular pattern as I get bored and fed up otherwise. I just do whatever the fuck my body and head thinks would be good next. At this point in time, I don't really care about efficiency or becoming a master. I just need to move, sweat and get fitter. Using pathetic weights. Don't care. Not taking breaks. Don't care. Not counting reps. Don't care. Not doing anything methodically. Don't. Fucking. Care.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 pm

AngryGoldfish wrote:Been really struggling to work out. Just can't find the motivation. I've started and stopped so many times it's becoming a joke. I'm now back at it. I'm focusing on really quick 30 minute workouts. I don't follow any particular pattern as I get bored and fed up otherwise. I just do whatever the fuck my body and head thinks would be good next. At this point in time, I don't really care about efficiency or becoming a master. I just need to move, sweat and get fitter. Using pathetic weights. Don't care. Not taking breaks. Don't care. Not counting reps. Don't care. Not doing anything methodically. Don't. Fucking. Care.

apart from cycling while i was in the UK i did nothing else...tonight i'm playing basketball. I use to play in a team for about 10 years before moving to the UK, and now im back they called me and asked me to play...now, i havent touched a basketball for almost 6 years...so tonight i will be unfit, wont have the touch...and will be utterly shit...and tomorrow im going to hurt like a motherfucker!

but...i think i've worked out, that i dont have any motivation to work out or exercise unless there is a specific goal...with basketball, the goal is to win...with cycling it was to get to work and get home. Maybe your motivation needs to be something like that Dan?

also...yesterday i thought i would see if i can still jump after all these years...and there was a ledge which was about mid thigh high (about 70cm) and i did a box jump and made it without too much hassel...i was pretty stoked with that...by "fit" standards thats probably quite poor...but i think i still have my spring which is cool...we'll see tonight anyway!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby SpaceFlunky » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:18 pm

i havent done shit lately!!! this blows. I need to find the time
Good Deals on ILF with: destroyerjazz - kosta - hbombgraphics - jskadiang - Chumley - adrianlee - Communarchy - ianmarks - GlitteryChunks - decomposing - Chankgeez

http://loshijosdeldiablo.bandcamp.com/
SpaceFlunky

experienced
experienced

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:28 am

samzadgan wrote:
AngryGoldfish wrote:Been really struggling to work out. Just can't find the motivation. I've started and stopped so many times it's becoming a joke. I'm now back at it. I'm focusing on really quick 30 minute workouts. I don't follow any particular pattern as I get bored and fed up otherwise. I just do whatever the fuck my body and head thinks would be good next. At this point in time, I don't really care about efficiency or becoming a master. I just need to move, sweat and get fitter. Using pathetic weights. Don't care. Not taking breaks. Don't care. Not counting reps. Don't care. Not doing anything methodically. Don't. Fucking. Care.

apart from cycling while i was in the UK i did nothing else...tonight i'm playing basketball. I use to play in a team for about 10 years before moving to the UK, and now im back they called me and asked me to play...now, i havent touched a basketball for almost 6 years...so tonight i will be unfit, wont have the touch...and will be utterly shit...and tomorrow im going to hurt like a motherfucker!

but...i think i've worked out, that i dont have any motivation to work out or exercise unless there is a specific goal...with basketball, the goal is to win...with cycling it was to get to work and get home. Maybe your motivation needs to be something like that Dan?

also...yesterday i thought i would see if i can still jump after all these years...and there was a ledge which was about mid thigh high (about 70cm) and i did a box jump and made it without too much hassel...i was pretty stoked with that...by "fit" standards thats probably quite poor...but i think i still have my spring which is cool...we'll see tonight anyway!

I've tried to find different motivating points, such as a friend's wedding, travelling, summer, competing, etc., but it's never been a life-changing experience. Each time I go to a wedding, I don't meet new and exciting people and find a girl. Each time Summer comes, I'm still too damn depressed and fed up to go out and enjoy the sunshine and just stay indoors, mess about on guitar and play video games.

Right now I'm feeling pretty motivated. Not for anything specific. I just want to change and stay changed. My goal is less specific and more far-reaching. Maybe that will actually help, I don't know. I have small goals, of course, such as get down to 12.6 stone, which will then place me in the 'healthy' range. Then I might try and build some muscle, or I could keep trying to lose even more and get my body fat percentage down to something like 15%. This is not for any specific reason other than I hate what I am right now and I want to change. I want to work out, I want to be fit, I want to feel more confident, I want to be stronger.

Thanks for the support, Sam.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:47 pm

vidret wrote:i think that to become really fit you need to love what you do, and sure to a certain point there's discipline but if you don't like what you do then it's gonna be a rocky road (ooh ice cream!)

find something that you can enjoy that gets you closer towards being fit, or honestly set SUPER FUCKING SPECIFIC goals and follow them no matter fucking what. if you don't set specific goals as well as not doing an activity you like you're gonna end up half-assing/giving up.

Then there's also the points you have about being depressed and wanting to sit inside playing guitar and video games. You can do things even though you aren't fit, just as you can be fit and feel like that. The best is not to hold off on doing stuff until you get fit, because there's really no reason to.

A lot of people do that with different things, such as girls in relationships go "its gonna be better when we get the baby" - no, it's gonna be the same but you're also gonna have a fucking baby. "wow this new pedal is gonna revolutionize my guitar playing" - yeah, you'll sound slightly different but a good song is still a good song, with or without the perfect fuzz, so don't wait for the perfect fuzz pedal to write that song.

going to the beach and having fun is going to be fun as long as you don't go there to get looked at by girls. I am by most standards a pretty good looking guy, i think, but I still have days where sitting inside playing video games and guitar is what i want to do. Sitting at the beach getting looked at by girls is fucking overrated. going outside doesn't get 10000% better when you look better if that's not really what you want to do either.

What I'm trying to develop is an excitement to work out; to wake up and not resent it. Right now, that's going well. I am looking forward to getting back to my Monday - Friday. I also picked up a few cheap pieces of equipment over the weekend. One is a sauna suit that I'm going to give a go. Ricky Hatton lost a fair bit of weight very quickly training in one, but obviously that guy was incredibly active. If I can't cope with it or don't feel it's worth it, I'll just give it to my friend or something like that. It was only a tenner. The second piece was a resistance band for warm-ups and isolated movements. Again, €5. If I don't need it, if it's not that useful, I'll learn that as I go.

I recognise that becoming healthier and fitter won't make my problems go away, and I still won't want to go for a walk on the beach or meet new people at a bar. But it's one less weight (pun not intended) off my shoulders, one I'm fed up of carrying. I want to move on to a different worry. I want to hate something else for a little while. When pain becomes stagnant, you know it's time for a change; you've hit a new low.

I see your point, I do, but don't get caught up in being fit before you start doing shit. Work to get fit and do stuff meanwhile. Don't go cocoon mode on me man :lol:

This is something I need to develop. Thanks for the support.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Been a while since I pulled a heavy DL

229 kg - 505 lb with straps.

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:36 am

129 kg power jerk

Little rough, little shaky but only 5 kg under my best split jerk

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby potatofarmer » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:07 pm

potatofarmer wrote:Pulldowns 155#,
Romanian Deadlifts 120#,
Squat 80#,
Bench press 100#,
Rows 130#.

I'm still hangin' in there.

Romanian deadlift 130#,
Squat 100#,
Bench press 110#,
Rows 140#.

Instead of doing pulldowns I've started using the "assisted pullup machine" which feels a lot harder but better at the same time. I feel a lot more of my back engaging. So anyway I'm now at about 100# on that.

I quit eating breakfast and I'm eating salads for lunch now too. Lost 8 pounds in the past two months. Woooo.
potatofarmer

interested
interested

Postby samzadgan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:04 pm

not sure if not eating breakfast is a good thing man...salads are cool...i need to get back into salad dinners...
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 am

Going to buy some new weights for my home. What should I be looking for? Fixed dumbbells? Plates that can be changed? Round plates or hexagonal plates? What kind of barbell should I be looking at? What kind of weight should I be aiming for? I'm looking to get stronger, first and foremost, but I also would like to increase my metabolism and thus be able to maintain my current diet without gaining too much fat. Not sure if gaining strength as well as losing fat is possible. Some say it's possible, some say it's not. Either way I want to get stronger. I'm also doing cardio workouts and have lost fat. Even if I don't get that much stronger, my lifts will be improve and I will get fitter.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:45 am

cue: Dan Your Alive What? post.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:04 am

:lol: Good to see you, mate!

Still kicking it, just about. :thumb: