the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:10 pm

vidret wrote:ok so go for 170 lbs for now. take you what, 3 months MAX. can be done in just over one month - so aim for that, and keep that VIVIDLY in mind when choosing what to eat and drink for a month and see where you end up. once you get there set a new goal, that's not for now though, 170 is for now.

You don't even have to bother with figuring out what you're gonna do at 170 lbs. that's future you-s problem. now is now, now is 170.

GO :thumb:

OK, so last night I slept 9-10 hours. Before my workout, I ate porridge with half a banana, a teaspoon or two of maple syrup, a sprinkling of chia seeds, and a tablespoon or so of raisins.

For my workout, I warmed up for 5-10 minutes.
I then did 5-7 sets (can't remember how many) of 20 squats holding both my 6kg dumbbells. I paused between sets for about a minute to two minutes.
I then did 6 sets of of 12 bent-over dumbbell reverse flys (or whatever they are called). Again, pausing for about a minute.
I then did 6 sets of dumbbell presses whilst lying down. 30 reps. One minute break.
I finished with 5 or 6 sets of overhead dumbbell presses with the 6kg weights. 20 reps.

For dinner I will be making chicken fajitas. I will probably be using onions, peppers, and courgette for the vegetables, chicken for the protein and the wraps for the basic carbs. The wraps are 150 or so calories each, so I will use two instead of three (I normally have three) and simply pack them tighter with more filling. I will also only use a small amount of sour cream. I can't not use sour cream as I tend to use a lot of chilli and the cream balances it out perfectly.

Then for desert, I will have two pieces of high quality chocolate that are, again, about 150 calories per piece. It's Wednesday so I'll probably have a craft beer while playing GTA online or watching a movie. Later tonight I will maybe have some carrots and humus, fruit or toast. Whatever I can find that isn't rich in calories but will satiate my cravings.

I don't know how many calories that is, but I'm hoping it's around 2200. I would only have one or two beers a week. Wednesday is usually a day I have one. If I don't have beer, I'll have whiskey, which is certainly less fattening. 300-400 for the porridge, 800-1000 for the fajitas, 300 for the chocolate, 200 for the beer, 200 for the late night snack. That's around 2200 calories, give or take. Remove the beer like I would do on a normal day and we're down to 2000 or less calories, especially if I have something better than fajitas like a tuna salad or beef strips with vegetables.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:15 pm

I don't have any more plates or anything to add to my body to increase the weight. :(

I'll buy the biggest (adaptable) dumbbells I can find, a 20KG barbell and just two 20kg plates. That won't cost as much and will get me started. 60kg is fine for squats when you're a beginner, right? I can add more plates as I need to. How does that sound?

As far as my diet, snacks are my biggest downfall. It's taking everything out of me to stay away from them. I have to completely readjust my lifestyle. I genuinely hate myself right now. Fuck this shit, man. It's hard.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Keep grinding Dan.

355 lb Pause FS, 390 lb FS

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:35 am

520 lb dead lift, 290 lb clean and jerk

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:38 am

Good save at the end, mate. Glad to see you weren't hurt. I don't have very good mobility and that would have hurt me, even with my much lower weight standards.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:39 am

AngryGoldfish wrote:Good save at the end, mate. Glad to see you weren't hurt. I don't have very good mobility and that would have hurt me, even with my much lower weight standards.

I took shots at 300 for the c/j twice. 2 good cleans but couldnt put it together for the jerk
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:46 am

new05002 wrote:
AngryGoldfish wrote:Good save at the end, mate. Glad to see you weren't hurt. I don't have very good mobility and that would have hurt me, even with my much lower weight standards.

I took shots at 300 for the c/j twice. 2 good cleans but couldnt put it together for the jerk

Good try though. You'll get there, definitely.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 pm

AngryGoldfish wrote:
new05002 wrote:

Good try though. You'll get there, definitely.

Yea it should come soon, the cleans are getting easier each time. Front squats going up so I should becomes more and more strength efficient with the movement.

Not sure if I have posted them here or not but here are 2 sets of goals I have. Current intermediate and lifetime:

Intermediate (which changes slowly as I progress)

Back Squat 440 lb
Front Squat 405 lb
Snatch 260 lb
Clean and Jerk 300 lb
Deadlift 550 lb

Lifetime (which would only change if achieved if at all)
Back Squat 500 lb
Front Squat 440 lb
Snatch 315 lb
Clean and Jerk 400 lb (but would likely require a 500 lb front squat or so)
Deadlift 600 lb
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:58 pm

How often are you training a week?

You've told me your goals before, and I really hope you achieve them. I reckon you will. You don't always see progress that quick. I've been following powerlifters for a few years now, and only a few were able to progress that quickly.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:01 pm

AngryGoldfish wrote:How often are you training a week?

You've told me your goals before, and I really hope you achieve them. I reckon you will. You don't always see progress that quick. I've been following powerlifters for a few years now, and only a few were able to progress that quickly.

3 to 4 times a week.

I could use better programming for sure. I would need a full time coach to do this.

My last 3 days in the gym were this:

Saturday - Max Clean and Jerk, Max Front Squat
Sunday - Heavy Snatch, Max Back Squat, Heavy triple OHP
Monday - Max Clean and Jerk, Max Deadlift

Certainly not the best programming although it has produced results.

My current maxes are:
415 lb Back Squat
390 lb Front Squat
325 lb Clean
290 lb Clean and Jerk
295 lb Jerk
255 lb Snatch w/ Straps
240 lb Snatch w/o Straps
520 lb Deadlift w/ straps
500 lb Deadlift w/o straos
145 lb OHP
185 lb Bench (oh lawd watch out!)
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:24 pm

I did a pull up the other day. It was cool.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:54 am

So I finally found a leg workout that actually tests me.

10 minute warm up
10 SINGLE leg squats with my small kettlebell (per leg) x6 sets
15 weighted calf raises x6 sets
10 weighted lunges per leg x6 sets

This blasted my legs and I felt very sore for the next few days. Single leg squats are really challenging because of the stability you need, something I don't have. Calf raises most people don't care about, but I have tiny calves in relation to my thighs and it'll all help with my lifts and mobility. Plus, the soreness over the next few days feels satisfying. The lunges are a great way to really fatigue my legs after the squats and hit my glutes and back of my legs.

I've also found a decent upper body workout with my current small amount of weights.

Light warm up
15 single arm rows x6 sets
15 body weight dips on a chair with my legs raised on another chair x6 sets
15 reps of shoulder presses on each side x5 sets
10 good form pushups x4 sets

I'm trying to aim for 5-6 sets of pushups, but I found I'm too tired at the end to go past 4 sets with perfect form. I could do the push-ups earlier, but I'm doing it this way for now. I'll change it if I feel like I need to.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby potatofarmer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:59 pm

potatofarmer wrote:I'm still hangin' in there.

Standing shoulder press 80#,
Romanian deadlift 130#,
Squat 100#,
Bench press 110#,
Rows 140#.
Asst. pullup 100#

I've sucked a lot since the last time I posted (August 6th?!) - been averaging once every two weeks and I have the lack of gains to show for it:

Standing shoulder press 90#,
Romanian deadlift 150#,
Squat 120#,
Bench press 110#,
Rows 140#,
Asst. pullup 110#.

I'm hoping to get back to doing my penance at least twice a week. Looks like I'll be at Poverty Fatness for another year. I've still got a little room to grow on their dumbbells, and I still can't afford a real gym. Been thinking about craigslisting some weights for home but I don't have anywhere to set them up and I suspect it'd be even harder to get motivated. But progress is more important than results anyway.

I also realized recently that waiting longer between sets makes a huge difference in how much I can do. I guess that's probably obvious to most people, but I was only waiting long enough to catch my breath. Now I'm waiting for my heart rate to drop to around 120 before starting the next set and the following sets are easier than before. I'm also getting a really great buzz, which is a plus. :!!!:
potatofarmer

interested
interested

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am

I leave this site for a few years and THIS goldmine falls to the waysides? Not on my watch, motherfuckers!

It's finally getting below 80 here so it's time to throw tractor tires, hit shit with sledgehammers, and as always do heavy deadlifts. At least that's later this week - today is chest and legs.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:59 am

I've finally started training as well. I'm only able to go twice a week, sometimes three, but I really enjoy lifting weights with my sister and brother-in-law. He's a PT and great fun to train with; both of them are. I much prefer lifting weights than the HIIT I was doing before. I trained for over 90 minutes the other day on legs and the time just flew. 20 minutes of HIIT and I'm fed up.

I'm not naturally a strong guy so it's slow going, but I'll get there. I'm not really sure what numbers I'm hitting, but I hope to be able to leg press the max my gym has (200kg) by next summer and bench press 60kg for reps. I also want to be able to do a proper pull-up unassisted.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org