Postby new05002 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:45 am

Ahh some life in this thread for once!
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey mate!

Just want to clarify, when I say I want to get stronger, I want to get fitter by getting stronger. I recognise that, unless I start working properly on the three core lifts with heavy weights, I won't get that much stronger. Unfortunately, I can't do that at home. What I can do is use the core lifts, as well as other exercises, to get fitter, healthier and stronger, but with the focus on overall fitness rather than strength and powerlifting. Until I can join a gym, I can't imagine I'll be able to work on hitting high numbers. For now I'd just like to be able to have a balanced regime. I know some would disagree with my methods, and I respect that, but I get bored so easily. I want to be able to stay fit in my way. That includes working strength one day, cardio on another, and body building on another. I know they clash and I know I should be focusing on one aspect at a time, but as long as I'm excited each time I work out, I'm not restricted in any way, I'm losing fat, and I'm getting better at the lifts that I will be doing, I'm happy.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:55 am

175 kg Front Squat on Sunday, lots of heavy squatting while I let my right wrist feel better
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby potatofarmer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:12 pm

samzadgan wrote:not sure if not eating breakfast is a good thing man...salads are cool...i need to get back into salad dinners...

vidret wrote:skip whatever meal you want as long as you feel okay doing it, physically.

i usually eat light until the end of the day and then pig out. works for me :lol:

I started reading the Lean Gains site in vidret's original post and did as much internet research as I could on intermittent fasting. Lean gains guy says it does great things for your metabolism, insulin sensitivity, etc. but the research that's out there says it doesn't really do any of that, but as long as you eat 2 meals a day it doesn't do anything bad either. Who knows, could be super beneficial, but worst case it's just an easy way to eat at a deficit.

Day 2 wasn't bad and day 3 I didn't miss breakfast at all. I start to get hungry around 11 and eat lunch around 11:30. I seem to have more energy in the morning too.

Even doing that I didn't see any weight loss until I hit the salad bar instead of the cafeteria for lunch, when I promptly lost 10 pounds and promptly gained 2 back. I'm still at 318, so 8 pounds is freakin nothing. I have been slowly getting stronger over the year though so I'm sure my body composition has improved more than that little bit indicates.

I could probably lose another ten pounds by shaving my beard, BUT AT WHAT COST???
potatofarmer

interested
interested

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:57 pm

I still want Vid to tell me what excercises I need to do to get all sick nasty at action sports.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:01 pm

another day another lift

515 lb - 233.6 kg deadlift with straps

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HeavyXIII » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:14 pm

My younger brother has been taking my scrawny ass with him to the gym for the past 4 weeks, after falling off the wagon and not lifting for almost 8 months. My bench max has almost graduated to 2 big plates, and I've learned the joys of working until failure. Also, Tire Flips are rad.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby Harry_Manback » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:13 pm

Hey dudes. I'm still grinding away. Bottomed out with depression and had to get some help. Hoping some meds and exercise will pull me out of this hole. No alcohol for five days.

Complete mental warfare at this point.
Monday - 4 miles at 8:30
Tues - 5x5 squat, bench, rows, 3x15 dips, 3x8 skullcrushers, 3x70' planks
Wed - 5x5 leg press, OHP, close grip bench, 3 x b/w pullups to failure, 1x5 DL @ 320#, 20 min HIIT sprints and bro curls

Goals is to run a 10k this month.
Harry_Manback

experienced
experienced

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 pm

vidret wrote:If you can get enough dumbbells to cover the ground in between you could get fixed, otherwise get plates that can be changed. money issue mostly.

The problem with removable plates is that each weight won't fit each exercise, which means I may have to add or remove plates throughout the workout. I've done this before and it's a real buzz kill. I don't like to stop. I hate interruptions like the phone ringing. I lose the momentum and get really pissy. Yesterday I kept being interrupted and started having a "cunt-this-fucking-bollocks-prick-wanker-fuckers-mother-shit" episode. :lol: I might be able to make it work if I plan the workout properly, though. One of the issues I can foresee, is when I'm doing shoulder presses, I won't be able to quickly move into side lateral raises 'cause the weight will be too much. So I'd have to find a way to make it all flow effectively. Or I could use my 8KG dumbbells that I have currently for those exercises.

Preferrably an olympic barbell, 20 kg weight with the proper dimensions, if you can get it 2nd hand go for it.
If you can stack 2 of each that'd be great (1 kg, 2,5kg, 5 kg, 10 kg, 15 kg, 20 kg) - it'll give you a proper ladder up to 120kg+.

Is an Olympic barbell 7' wide? They're quite expensive for essentially being a metal pole. :( The plates on top of that are going to make this a really expensive project.

I found these 20KG dumbbells. 20KG's is not a lot, but I should be able to buy more 5KG plates in the future and fix as many as I need to on each dumbbell:
http://www.mcsport.ie/p/bodymax-deluxe- ... p-wtwk0071

These rubber Olympic plates are sooooooo pricey. It's going to cost €600 just to have a variable weight set with an Olympic barbell. Also, are these even the right circumference for deadlifting? They look small.
http://www.mcsport.ie/p/bodymax-radial- ... owwtow0045

You can get stronger while losing fat, it's almost impossible to put on muscle AT THE SAME TIME as losing fat. If you are, you're zig-zagging. I think I might've covered this in my opening post.

Aim for strength and a proper diet, the rest will follow. ;) ;)

Yeah, you did mention that. I knew building muscle and losing fat at the same time was highly impractical, but I didn't know whether it applied to strength as well. I also completely forgot there was an OP that was full of excellent information. :facepalm:

My diet is OK. Like, I've been improving it gradually, but there is still a long way to go. I eat healthy foods, but I also eat too much carbohydrates and sugary foods like chocolate and crappy cereals. Late night snacking has and will always be my Achilles heal.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:05 am

vidret wrote:Hmm. What I'd do is probably this then (I can have the same kind of mental issues as you regarding the buzzkill) -

get dumbbells with removable plates, limit your exercises and use bodyweight movements to warm up.

So essentially if your day is gonna be shoulder pressing then you keep it on 15 kg or whatever, no messing around. You set it to 15kg (just guessing), do some pushups and get warm then off you go. If you really do need 2 different weights for 2 different exercises then so be it, but I'd suggest keeping to one weight for every exercise so it doesn't become a hindrance. Lat raises can be done just holding one of the weights in each hand (2,5kg or 5kg or whathaveyou) - no need to put it on the DB.

Sweet. I'll give that a try.

vidret wrote:Yeah a full kit from a store is going to cost, buy second hand is really what I'm saying. I don't think those weights are olympic sized below 20kg (10 and 15 are too small to deadlift from the "correct" height).

Do a calculation. Can you get it for less than a year of gym membership (+gas/transportation?) = get a set for the barbell. if not, go gym.

Watermelon's my thing lately. I'm off the cereals now for 3 months. :lol:

I'll figure out whether I can join a gym for cheaper. The problem is not necessarily the cost of the gym, but how far away the closest one is and my lack of transportation. I do have a friend who lives by me who's into lifting weights. We spoke before about joining a gym together and I could just go with him. If I offered petrol money, he might consider it again. It's just he has a family and is building his own home so money is probably tight. We'll see what I can do. I don't know whether I'd prefer to have the weights myself or have a gym membership. I guess if I had a gym membership then I could go swimming and have access to machinery as well.

I had a yellow melon the other day and it was gorgeous. Lasted for ages in the fridge as well.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:00 am

So I decided to weigh myself this morning for the first time since I started working 4-5 times a week 30-60 minutes a day. And I'm still 180lbs. WTF?!! This is wrecking my head. I feel leaner. I feel like I look it. My clothes seem looser. What is going on? Is it just in my head? Maybe my diet is still not right. Fucking hate this shit.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby untilshewokeme » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:02 am

AngryGoldfish wrote:So I decided to weigh myself this morning for the first time since I started working 4-5 times a week 30-60 minutes a day. And I'm still 180lbs. WTF?!! This is wrecking my head. I feel leaner. I feel like I look it. My clothes seem looser. What is going on? Is it just in my head? Maybe my diet is still not right. Fucking hate this shit.

Losing body fat, gaining muscle mass. :joy:
untilshewokeme

experienced
experienced

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:16 am

untilshewokeme wrote:
AngryGoldfish wrote:So I decided to weigh myself this morning for the first time since I started working 4-5 times a week 30-60 minutes a day. And I'm still 180lbs. WTF?!! This is wrecking my head. I feel leaner. I feel like I look it. My clothes seem looser. What is going on? Is it just in my head? Maybe my diet is still not right. Fucking hate this shit.

Losing body fat, gaining muscle mass. :joy:

I wish that were true. But I can't see it happening. :cry:

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ProCarsteNation » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:33 am

:lol: :facepalm: Aww crap, every time I read this thread-title, I think it is about doom-specific guitar-warm ups or something
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:33 am

vidret wrote:doing that zig-zag bro. slow road, but you'll get there eventually. if you want it faster you gotta aim for weight loss or muscle gain, now you're doing some of both.

180 lbs isn't a lot to weigh though, but that can depend a lot on fat/muscle and height etc. what would you like to weigh when you're done shedding fat?

ultimately i'd just say what i've said before though - eat right, sleep right, train for strength and the rest will follow.

OK then. I'll be straight with myself. I want to be about 155-170lbs at 5'10. That is more important to me than anything else. Reaching lower than 165lbs seems impossible to me, and maybe unnecessary. Chances are, once I hit 170lbs (if I do!) I'll probably start focusing on strength.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org