the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri May 03, 2013 8:43 am

YOU SIR, ARE A FUCKING CHAMPION!

Thanks, Vid! Nice intro.
I appreciate the Pantera reference, too!

:doom:
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am

And I hoped for the original Candlemass doom stomp reference or something equally uplifting. :p
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri May 03, 2013 10:51 am

Stu-fucking-pendous. I will read every inch of this and love it and cherish it and take it to bed for nappy times.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Fri May 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Thanks man! I got into working out about 8 months ago - but have been really slacking since the wife got pregnant (we would always go to the gym together). That combined with the fact that I will have precious little time away from from work or home after the little one arrives means I really need to sort out a routine I can do with a pull up bar and some free weights at home. This will help immensely :doom:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mc_muench » Sat May 04, 2013 12:14 pm

DOOMercise...carrying large heavy cabs and amps up stairs and staking them to the sky.

Ill be working out twice this month haha
Rev. DOOM, The Dude of DOOM, DOOMER, El DOOMerino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing...

PVYHenge ~|~ Bear amps ○)))

http://vegawi.bandcamp.com
http://galactichatchet.bandcamp.com
mc_muench

committed
committed

Postby The Wood Wizard » Sat May 04, 2013 4:30 pm

This is great dude, thank you. I weigh 130 and im about 6 feet tall and Im mostly interested in strength. If i gain a lil muscle/more definition im cool but really I want to be way stronger all around, it seems my back and shoulders and boobies are my weak points right now. When im doing work over my head my shoulders get tired quick. My jobs real physical so im much stronger than I look but I want some more stamina/strength regardless. ( POWER AND CONFIDENCE)

As far as food, I may have a gluten intolerance, so ive cut that out of my diet this week to see if that helps, but im basically tired and shitty ALL THE TIME. Hence why I never really worked out. Im looking forward to goin over this thread a few times and being a viking.
I make guitars and stuff, check it out at...

THE WOOD WIZARD

The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby The Wood Wizard » Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

This is the least sexual pic of me without a shirt on I have, you can see how my chest and arms are a little thin. (Im the one with the beard)

THE WOOD WIZARD

The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun May 05, 2013 1:19 pm

The Wood Wizard wrote:This is great dude, thank you. I weigh 130 and im about 6 feet tall and Im mostly interested in strength. If i gain a lil muscle/more definition im cool but really I want to be way stronger all around, it seems my back and shoulders and boobies are my weak points right now. When im doing work over my head my shoulders get tired quick. My jobs real physical so im much stronger than I look but I want some more stamina/strength regardless. ( POWER AND CONFIDENCE)

As far as food, I may have a gluten intolerance, so ive cut that out of my diet this week to see if that helps, but im basically tired and shitty ALL THE TIME. Hence why I never really worked out. Im looking forward to goin over this thread a few times and being a viking.

I was tested for intolerances by a Chinese herbal clinic. They took a sample of my hair and sent it off to the UK for testing. The results came back stating I was intolerant, possibly allergic, to gluten, pollen, dust, animal dander, alcohol, and a couple of other things. So I cut out gluten as best I could for three months. No improvement. I'm back on wheat now as it's such a difficult to diet to maintain and I noticed no increase in energy or a decrease in allergic reactions. It wasn't worth it. I was trying to lose weight by eating healthier, then I suddenly found out I couldn't eat pasta and bread. I had heard this would eliminate easy to cook food, such as pasta and sandwiches, but it didn't help me cut back. It just depressed me.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby live-i-evil » Sun May 05, 2013 6:52 pm

vidret wrote:Gluten intolerance isn't really a problem afaik when it comes to most of this, there's not a lot of stuff that contains gluten that i'd actively tell you to try to eat as much as possible of.

Thanks a fuckton Vidret, this is awesome. Any tips for the vegetarian or vegan Doom Roomers?
D-Day wrote:People have changed names without me knowing and I was all like "WTF I never 'liked' Paul's Pickles and Penis Pumps!"

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals List

Gear
Dunwich Iron Pile Custom 200
Harry Joyce Custom 100
70's Ampeg VT40 X2
70's Orange 4x12
Dietz 2x15

EGC Chessie - Sea Foam Green
Mercury Guitar - sweet/rare offset guitar

Boomerang+ Phrase Sampler
Drasp DL4
ss/bs Fuck
live-i-evil

committed
committed

Postby live-i-evil » Sun May 05, 2013 11:12 pm

vidret wrote:
live-i-evil wrote:
vidret wrote:Gluten intolerance isn't really a problem afaik when it comes to most of this, there's not a lot of stuff that contains gluten that i'd actively tell you to try to eat as much as possible of.

Thanks a fuckton Vidret, this is awesome. Any tips for the vegetarian or vegan Doom Roomers?

i can give you one or two things depending on if you're demi-vegetarian, lacto-ovo vegetarian, pure vegan or some other mumbo jumbo.

it'd also help to tell me WHY you are what you are :hello:

i'll be filling in the schedule during the week, i've got tests coming up. whoever wants to get started has no excuse not to learn all (six) exercises i've posted :thumb:

Vegan - for moral reasons. Not here to bash on anyone or whine or convert, meat is fucking delicious and I miss the taste of many things, it's just not for me anymore. I should also note that my moral compass is fucked, no holier than thou from me. :thumb:
D-Day wrote:People have changed names without me knowing and I was all like "WTF I never 'liked' Paul's Pickles and Penis Pumps!"

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals List

Gear
Dunwich Iron Pile Custom 200
Harry Joyce Custom 100
70's Ampeg VT40 X2
70's Orange 4x12
Dietz 2x15

EGC Chessie - Sea Foam Green
Mercury Guitar - sweet/rare offset guitar

Boomerang+ Phrase Sampler
Drasp DL4
ss/bs Fuck
live-i-evil

committed
committed

Postby The Wood Wizard » Mon May 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Daniel,

I know the pain!! I nearly cried when I thought of not eatin pasta, but there is gluten free pasta and like. I am honnestly not sure whats going on with me so i will need more tests, for now im avoiding gluten just to see what happens.

An Vidret, yeah my beards grown a bit since then too, REPRESENT. Mostly I need more protein and just vitamins in general, but i cant take steaks to work for lunch everyday. Im also unable to really cook for myself where I live and any food I buy might be stolen from me haha. My closet is filled with snacks right now :facepalm:

Whats your take on miltivitamins and such, they bullshit or worth the effort? I tried 2 times for a few months each and noticed nothing so i stopped doin it.

THE WOOD WIZARD

The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby The Wood Wizard » Mon May 06, 2013 9:30 pm

You are a good man. theres a stew leonards down the street, I shall suckle that cow teat daily. I used to eat cake for breakfast early everyday, 60 percent of my diet is candy/cookies hahaha Ill look into some shakes...

THE WOOD WIZARD

The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby The Wood Wizard » Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 pm

OH GOD how bout this?

http://beardvitamin.com/

THE WOOD WIZARD

The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby yallerhon » Tue May 07, 2013 8:07 am

I do this for a living and I absolutely approve of all the info vidret has presented, as well as the way it's presented. Fucking top job and brilliant thread! :)
Good deals with: PumpkinPieces, maz91379, allicio, nelsinian, tomlane95, casperh7, insubordination, bronzetalon
yallerhon

experienced
experienced

Postby humancertainty » Tue May 07, 2013 1:44 pm

So awesome of you to do this thread. I've been doing calisthenics(weighted, non-weighted, unilateral, etc.) and have been thinking about adding weights to my training. It will mean going back to the gym and I really do like training at home but one obviously cannot replace the dead lift with calisthenics.
Brett, iherb.com has a lot of great vegan protein powders. You can find them at Whole Foods, too.
My band:
http://anatomyofhabit.bandcamp.com/

misterstomach wrote:12 string, hollow body and tremolo are all terms where you lose me.
humancertainty

committed
committed

Next

Return to ilovedoom.org