the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby live-i-evil » Tue May 07, 2013 10:26 pm

vidret wrote:
yallerhon wrote:I do this for a living and I absolutely approve of all the info vidret has presented, as well as the way it's presented. Fucking top job and brilliant thread! :)

thanks partner :thumb:

humancertainty wrote:So awesome of you to do this thread. I've been doing calisthenics(weighted, non-weighted, unilateral, etc.) and have been thinking about adding weights to my training. It will mean going back to the gym and I really do like training at home but one obviously cannot replace the dead lift with calisthenics.
Brett, iherb.com has a lot of great vegan protein powders. You can find them at Whole Foods, too.

Thanks :) you can get very far with calisthenics but in my opinion you have to be even more certain of what you're doing and even more focused because of how difficult it can be to learn the movements of the body instead of hitting the gym and slapping weights on a machine. I'm sure you've read the book "convict conditioning"? it's got some good advancement ideas.

And yeah BRETT, never said what you can/can't eat but quorn and soy protein is afaik always allowed within vegan diets. if you're allowed milk and eggs you're golden :snax:

Sorry, been super busy. No milk, no cheese, no meat, no fish, no eggs. I've been grabbing protein powders at Whole Foods but yeah, soy protein happens a lot. Thanks again for all the info!
D-Day wrote:People have changed names without me knowing and I was all like "WTF I never 'liked' Paul's Pickles and Penis Pumps!"

"Well Julian may have more book learnin than me but it doesn't take a rocket appliance to figure this out."

Good Deals List

Gear
Dunwich Iron Pile Custom 200
Harry Joyce Custom 100
70's Ampeg VT40 X2
70's Orange 4x12
Dietz 2x15

EGC Chessie - Sea Foam Green
Mercury Guitar - sweet/rare offset guitar

Boomerang+ Phrase Sampler
Drasp DL4
ss/bs Fuck
live-i-evil

committed
committed

Postby humancertainty » Tue May 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I haven't read Convict Conditioning although I have read a lot about it. You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren and rosstraining.com have been my main soures of information.
My band:
http://anatomyofhabit.bandcamp.com/

misterstomach wrote:12 string, hollow body and tremolo are all terms where you lose me.
humancertainty

committed
committed

Postby crohny » Tue May 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Will be utilizing the shit out of this thread and You Are Your Own Gym once I am healed from surgery. Feel those two things plus krav maga will help me get back in shape.
crohny

committed
committed

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed May 08, 2013 2:37 pm

vidret wrote:I see no problem avoiding gluten, pollen, dust, animal dander and alcohol in your food at all. alcohol might be boring, pollen is once a year, dust - sure that sucks but keep it clean.

Why would you eat pasta and sandwiches in the first place, really. eat the stuff you would've had WITH the pasta alone and make a sandwich out of the stuff you would've topped that sammy with - DONE.

well sure, I like sammys but it's in no way needed anywhere. If you don't notice the difference I don't see why you should quit though. Word of advice, stay away from additional carbs in food such as rice, pasta, potatoes all that stuff.
you don't really need it if you're trying to lose weight. it's nothing super-wrong with it, you just probably don't need it. :)*

I eat gluten-based food stuffs because it's so easy and so cheap. It wasn't as hard to live the gluten-free diet at home because you could just eat two chicken breasts instead of pasta and chicken breast, but when you're out and about it becomes a whole lot harder.

I thought carbohydrates were OK in moderation and if they're good carbs like sweet potatoes and brown rice.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassboar » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Great thread man.
I plan to compete in the Scottish games if the near future, so I plan to start working on my strength and endurance.
Right now I'm looking at a couple rounds with a sledge and a tire and a maybe some moderate lifting here and there.
I'm also looking to start boxing on the side, just for fun and to help me get in better shape.
sanfordandsonny wrote:guitars are hammers if you put some electrical tape on the handle so the blood doesn't make the hammer slippery so be it.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Good deals with: Bellyheart, bronzetalon,kbithecrowning, fuzzmax, jwar, misc1600, hatshirt, colin, chippywallace, Monkey Boy, skullservant, jumbosteelie, foomanfat, sanfordandsonny, pez.period, proroby, excane
Bassboar

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Fri May 10, 2013 12:33 pm

vidret wrote:everything's okay in moderation, that's what moderation means :thumb:
Carbs are still carbs though, there's nothing especially good with potatoes or rice. It won't spike your blood sugar like pure sugar/candy does but if you're trying to lose weight it's not going to add to your cause.

I updated the first posts with sets, rep ranges, the actual schedule, a talk about breathing and mobility and some stretching! :hello: :hello:

So you think I should cut down on carbs then? Hmmm.. this is going to be hard. But I want to lose weight so badly. I've lost so much confidence.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat May 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Would I be able to post my weekly workout here and you critique it and offer your opinions? Would you mind?

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby terminator » Sun May 12, 2013 11:11 am

I've always done squats and lunges for legs. what's the benefit of squats and deadlift by comparison (in regards to which muscles are engaged, etc)? i guess it's a lot easier to do more weight with the deadlift. is there more of a complimentary aspect of squat and deadlift?

btw, this is a great thread. you shouldn't have walls of speakers if you cant move them yourself. and you cant play convincing doom if you don't have god-complex-like confidence.
terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

vidret wrote:if you can get access to a gym I would suggest doing the 6 movements I've described - if you want to add to that feel free.

bring it! :hug: :thumb:

Chest, Shoulders & Triceps - Monday

[3 sets, 1 minute rest]
Close / Wide / Medium hand Push-ups (10)
Side Lateral Raises (10 per arm)
Plank Rows (10)
Dumbbell Front Raises (5 per arm)
Standing dumbbell press (12)
Shrugs (15)

[4 sets, 1 minute rest]
Dumbbell Flys (10)
Hip Dumbbell Press / Chicken Press (10)
Dumbbell Press / Close grip Press (10)

[4 sets, 1 minute rest]
Chair Dips / Body weight Dips (10)
Triceps Kick-backs (10)
Tricep Dumbbell Extension (10)

Back, Biceps & Traps - Tuesday

[4 sets each, 45 sec rest]
One arm Rows (12 per arm)
Bent over Rows (10)
High Underhand Rows (12)
Dumbbell Good Mornings (10)
Floor Star Back Stretches (10)

[2 sets each, 10 reps, 2 minute rest]
Biceps curls / 20 Body weight Squats
Hammer curls / 30 Side to side Lunges
Reverse grip curls / 20 Weighted Squats
Zottman curls / 100 Jump Ropes
Concentration curls / 50 Mountain Climbers

Legs & Abdominals - Wednesday

Lunges (10 per leg)
Jumping Rope (50)
Weighted Lunges (5 per leg)
Quick Sit-ups (10)
Weighted crunches (10)
Cross Crunch (10) [2 sets/45 sec rest]

Squats (10)
Jumping Squats (10)
Single Weighted Squats (10)
Low Leg Raises (10)
Medium Leg Raises (10)
Full Leg Raises (10) [2 sets/45 sec rest]

Calf Raises (20)
Mountain Climbers (50)
Weighted Calf Raises (10)
Floor Bicycle kicks (30)
Leg Pull-ins (10)
X Pull-ins (10) [2 sets/45 sec rest]

Kick-backs (20 per leg)
High Knees (50)
Dumbbell Good Mornings (10)
Plank (30 sec)
Twisties (20)
Weighted Twisties (10) [2 sets/45 sec rest]

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm

you guys dont wanna know my work out. it involves 45 pound erosion control blocks and a FUCK LOAD of lifting all day everyday. :lol:
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AngryGoldfish » Mon May 13, 2013 12:14 pm

Each workout only takes about 30-45 minutes though. How do I condense, and what do I remove, without sacrificing on time spent working out?

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby terminator » Mon May 13, 2013 12:46 pm

whiskey_face wrote:you guys dont wanna know my work out. it involves 45 pound erosion control blocks and a FUCK LOAD of lifting all day everyday. :lol:

damn. it's cool though when you have a show and moving your whole band's equipment is no big deal. I consider my job band gear moving/loading practice.

ps: I think I pulled my groin
terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby black mess » Mon May 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Does anybody have a link for a good workout plan that I can do at home, without equipment? I do a lot of cardio - i run around 6 miles 6 days a week - but I'm really skinny and I wanted to grow some muscle.
black mess

involved
involved

Postby black mess » Mon May 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I mean, I don't want to be huge but my legs look way more toned than my upper body.
black mess

involved
involved

Postby AxAxSxS » Mon May 13, 2013 2:15 pm

Great stuff Vid! I've been doing and leading PT for years and have seen a lot of good idea guys proclaim this or that workout is the best. I totally agree with focusing on the basics, progression and nutrition. Simple is often best.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org