the DOOM WORKOUT

Re: the DOOM WORKOUT

Postby humancertainty » Wed May 15, 2013 3:39 pm

black mess wrote:Thanks AngryGoldfish, gonna look into that.

I did some pullups in the park yesterday. I feel a bit sore today so i guess there were muscles there that I haven't been working out with the routine I've been doing, particularly in the shoulder/chest area.

Keep it up!
Weird that your chest and shoulders are sore from pullups. Mine only get sore from push exercises.
My band:
http://anatomyofhabit.bandcamp.com/

misterstomach wrote:12 string, hollow body and tremolo are all terms where you lose me.
humancertainty

committed
committed

Postby humancertainty » Wed May 15, 2013 3:44 pm

You're fucking up my broscience, bro.
My band:
http://anatomyofhabit.bandcamp.com/

misterstomach wrote:12 string, hollow body and tremolo are all terms where you lose me.
humancertainty

committed
committed

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed May 15, 2013 5:29 pm

vidret wrote:looks great. have 2 slices if you feel like it :thumb:

did you read the first posts I made?

I used to have two breasts when I cooked for myself, but I live with my mum and I felt greedy eating all that food. So I just make more vegetables or add a portion of rice instead. I kinda prefer it this way. I feel guilty eating two breasts. :lol:

I haven't read all the posts yet. I'll get there eventually. What specific part are you referring to?

vidret wrote:not saying the pecs SHOULD be used primarily in a pullup. sorry broheim :P

i was gonna say something like sometimes shit goes wrong and then i was gonna link to this article I read about an old couple that had been doing it for all their lives with the old guy sticking it in the urethral opening - and for you under 12 that means where her pee comes from, not where dick goes. I was just about to google "old couple sex urin -" and then i stopped. i don't want to go there.

point is, first time anything can happen.

WTF?! How do you even do that?!
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu May 16, 2013 9:50 am

vidret wrote:I'd say you've got a good synergy going but you could condense this into proper shoulder presses, bench presses, pushups and dips. keep that plank row for core. do more sets, focus on progression.

It's VERY hard to make sure you're progressing on 30+ lifts, cut it down and focus on getting better on the few, more important ones.

same thing here, too much volume and focus on curls - look at how big your biceps are and then look at how big your thighs are - which one needs more attention?
Focus on pulldowns/pullups/chinups, a row or two (dumbbell, machine, barbell) and then kick out a couple of sets of biceps if you want to at the end. I don't think traps are an issue but if you want to, do them.
They will take some of the load in a deadlift, the shoulder press and a row.

focus on getting a good squat, work a one leg-squat for stability, take 2 of your favourite core/ab movements and keep doing them and make progress.

I'd like to see deadlifts in there, could be squeezed into your "push" day just so that you keep a distance between that and the squat.

There's a reason why the workout I posted contains 6 (7) movements in total. If you can progress on all of those movements you're going forward. Make it easier on yourself.

Do 4 sets on every exercise if you feel the workout isn't enough, but really you should push yourself to the limit with the weight and the reps so that you GET a good workout out of these few exercises.
Today all I did was pullups, pulldowns and then a row. done. It's what I needed to do, and I did it.

The thing is, I only have access to a pair of 7kg dumbbells. My local gym is miles away and I can't go every day. I also don't have a whole lot of money to spend right now on membership. I need to invest in a pullup bar, but do you think it's worth it signing up to the gym when I can only go a few times a week? What do you do on the in between days?

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu May 16, 2013 12:33 pm

vidret wrote:So either upgrade your home equipment, because 7 kg doesn't cut it for.. anything, maybe shoulder movements. If you can hit it 3 times or more per week you can make HUGE progress. I would even go so far as saying you shouldn't do more than 4 times a week starting out doing these big lifts 'cause you need the rest. days in between you rest - that simple. I cover how different approaches to times /per week in my 3rd post I think.

I could easily get by on 3 times a week if I had to.

For home workouts I'd suggest a barbell and then 2 of each size weight, 1,25kg/ 2,5 kg/5 kg/10 kg/15 kg/20kg
That way you can progress a minimum of 2,5 kg and you can get a maximum weight on the bar to 127,5 kg, the only lift in danger of hitting that ceiling within the coming weeks/months would be the deadlift.

I have no idea what your home situation looks like so I'm just giving you a general best idea answer.

Hmmm... I've got a lot to think about. It makes me feel like I've wasted the last three to four months of working out almost every day.

So I need a gym membership, a barbell with two of each of these weights 1,25kg/2,5 kg/5 kg/10 kg/15 kg/20kg, heavier dummbells, pull-up bar, and an adjustable bench. Goodness me. It's like a whole new expensive hobby just to get in shape. I might just sign up to the gym & be done with it.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Thanks, mate. I really appreciate this advice. Everyone does. I think I'm going to aim for a gym membership. It's more fun than working out at home. If I can't keep up with the distance and the cost, I'll invest in some equipment and go back to working out at home.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Thu May 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Couldn't find the uncensored version, sorry. :(

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed May 22, 2013 5:43 pm

vidret wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bafkFhkMTbM&list=UU9gFih9rw0zNCK3ZtoKQQyA&index=5[/youtube]

not a super huge fan of her, but this, goldfish, is why i tell people to get to the gym instead of doing it at home :thumb: :lol:

There are arguments against going to the gym, though. If you want to lose weight, many would say that it's more beneficial to save your money, go for a brisk walk for an hour everyday and work on high-intensity cardio in your living room with a light pair of dumbbells and a few other crucial pieces of equipment, such as a matt, dip bar, and pull-up bar. One side of the argument says that there is too much time to rest at the gym between each movement and set. It takes time to manoeuvre from one machine to the next, which means your heart rate will go slow down and fail to activate this 'afterburn' thing that allows for the depletion of calories after workout sessions have ended. I don't know if any of that shit is true, but it's one argument I have been abiding by. There are so many differing opinions out there that it's really hard to know what's best for you.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby black mess » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:04 pm

5 liters of of milk a day? holy shit.
black mess

involved
involved

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Are you sure milk is good for you? I've heard it can affect your sinus and chest. I've always been told to come off diary, that I'd feel more energetic and my sinus and asthma issues wouldn't crop up so frequently as they do, but I'd struggle on a diary-free diet.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:01 pm

Yeah, I see what you mean. If we really listened to everything people said, we'd just be eating broccoli, which even doing so is unhealthy according to some.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 am

Terrible, mate. I've lost all motivation. I'm not blaming you or anything, but since finding out I don't have the right gear I've stopped doing anything at all. I'm going to start doing Freelectic exercises like push-ups, pull-ups/chin-ups (will need a bar), dips, squats, etc. If I can't build strong muscle at the moment due to not having the equipment and my gym being both too far away and not having the right equipment either, I'm going to keep trying to stay fit. Maybe go for a walk and run more often as well.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks, man. I will.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby black mess » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:27 pm

hey vidret

are there any good exercises to improve posture?
black mess

involved
involved

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org