Rig QA software idea

Rig QA software idea

Postby ridingeternity » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I work for a tech company so my wheels are always turning in ways I can possibly utilize what I am learning here for the doomunity.

What does the doom room think about a mobile and full version app that has a database of electronic components...bear with me the theory behind it is in order to keep it freeware and avoid legal issues...that you would be able to build and test virtual pedals with first off...but even more so you would be able to build amplifiers and simulated cabinets.

Once you finish a "build" you can effectively save it and if you feel like sharing can upload it to the forum that coincides with the software.

Now you can also test entire signal chains to get a rough idea of how different pedals in different positions are going to react with your setup before hand.

Cab sounds will be scientifically dependent on the size, materials, and speakers(which will most likely have pre-programmed basic models).

You would also be able to test theoretic rigs that you might otherwise be averse to trying in real life and perform virtual stress tests to do a pre-check and see if within the programmed data of the software if you would be damaging anything.

Obviously this would take much time and research to make it happen, but I really think a lot of people could benefit from something like this so I wanted to see your thoughts. I know guitar rig, and gearbox and stuff like that is similar, but this is more with the intention of using the data for actual rigs, and being able to further edit the electronics of the basic models included as well as assurance that they are being simulated as closely as possible...could potentially end up with a third-party I/O software or app that would allow you to record with your saved chains if you really want to...but this will probably be more catered to builders and the intuitive rig experimenter than the dude that want's to digitally recreate a tone as best as possible.
ridingeternity

committed
committed

Re: Rig QA software idea

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:07 pm

That sounds really cool! Reminds me of that thing PGS is doing with their iphone pedals app, except well... BETTER. Plus you can't beat free.

This sounds like it would be better implemented on a PC or Mac or something. That's a lot of stuff to have to try and do on a iphone or whatever...
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby AxAxSxS » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:10 am

Sounds like a massive undertaking.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ryan summit » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:25 pm

i think the hardest part
and most expensive
is liscensing the names of stuff
im definately no expert
but almost every modeling software thing
uses cheesy nicknames for stuff
like 90s american metal
and liverpool
nonoe gives shit up that easy
even if your software helps them sell product
you gotta pay for the priveledge
to advertise for them
i do think it would be awesome to know shits gonna work
before you buy it
or unplug all the custom patch cables you just soldered last week
ryan summit

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ridingeternity » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:13 pm

ryan summit wrote:i think the hardest part
and most expensive
is liscensing the names of stuff
im definately no expert
but almost every modeling software thing
uses cheesy nicknames for stuff
like 90s american metal
and liverpool
nonoe gives shit up that easy
even if your software helps them sell product
you gotta pay for the priveledge
to advertise for them
i do think it would be awesome to know shits gonna work
before you buy it
or unplug all the custom patch cables you just soldered last week

Well thats the thing...being that everything will be based off of the components themselves I will probably be able to circumvent the legality and expenses, kinda like how guitar rig works...it provides the framework to tab out whole songs...but the creators hold no liability since they don't provide copyrighted material with it.
ridingeternity

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:27 pm

I can get down with this, for sure.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to ilovedoom.org