Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby nightterrors » Sat May 11, 2013 3:19 am

LOCOPELAND wrote:Van search continues...found this guy that looks pretty sweet. http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/3778916897.html

My buddy has a van just like that... I hope we can use it for shows! it's honestly the size of a small bus.
Good Dealings With: jumbo_steelie(x2), Demon666, foomanfat, Ryan, Skullservant, new05002(x3), WeHuntKings, edkoppel, monkeydancer, smalltownsongs, transients, weed_killer, superfuzz_bigmuff, multi_s, kosta, pez.period, juggernaut, craig0101, LazerViking, indianDYsummer, Muff_Diver, jrmy, cantremember, dangergirlstarship, pjrjazz, amorphous, CrazyDroneDream, spburns, DannDubbleEwe
nightterrors

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Sun May 12, 2013 2:47 pm

ill poast mah shit in here in a bit.

:reserved:
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MEC » Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 pm

http://youthministry.bandcamp.com/
http://remainstheband.bandcamp.com/
Achtane wrote:FUZZ ALL DAY MAN FUZZ IS GOD ALL OTHER EFFECTS ARE SHIT
Caesar wrote:Dude, can you get the fuck out of my b/s/t thread with your bullshit.
PumpkinPieces wrote: This isn't America, this is I Love Fuzz.
Mudfuzz wrote:Remember when we were all just a bunch of weirdos that liked fucked up shit and not just a bunch of nerds buying bling to impress each other online?
MEC

HERO
HERO

Postby t-rey » Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 pm

MEC wrote:Image

:love:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby terminator » Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 am

just thought i'd update my last photo
IMG_20130512_180529.jpg

MEC wrote:Image

this is amazing!

nightterrors wrote:Soon, an 810 to replace the 215.

with 2 8x10s, that's gonna be fuckiing sick!

But overall, I'm mostly gasing for these vans i'm seeing
terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby D-Day » Mon May 13, 2013 1:59 pm

This is from some time in the last two weeks but I can't for the life of me remember exactly when or where. It's not the space and I can't think of what venue had grey carpet and a black curtain halfway down the wall. That's Steve's cymbal stand so the band was there. Plus it was taken by my phone which lives in my pocket. I'm truly puzzled over here.

rig2013.jpg

Vans? Our drummer has a great van. This was the day we bought the trailer, up on Camano Island.

warlocktrailer.jpg
Iommic Pope wrote:Social currency is for cunts.

Infinite Flux
Electric Heat
D-Day

experienced
experienced

Postby conky » Mon May 13, 2013 7:31 pm

I don't have the SLO but I love Soldano amps. Hard to get a bad sound out of them and they are pretty versatile. I've been on a JCM800 kick for about 6 months or more but the last three practices I have used my Hotrod 100+ and we sound so much heavier now.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:02 pm

this works for now

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby terminator » Mon May 13, 2013 8:16 pm

new05002 wrote:this works for now

shazam!
terminator

HERO
HERO

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue May 14, 2013 8:49 am

Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Tue May 14, 2013 10:55 am

Ancient Astronaught wrote:

This.

I love that your home rig is a 200w full stack. What's the pedal next to The Elements? Bluebeard?
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:25 am

yes, well haha no my head
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby plaid sabbath » Tue May 14, 2013 12:40 pm

Probably the most inferior "doom rig" posted, but I have fun with it.

MIJ Fender Strat
MIJ Epiphone SG-70
Orange OR15
Home-brewed 4x12s

As much as I'd love to have some of the high-octane rigs some of you guys have, it would be a total waste of gear for me. Both of my sons are autistic and have some sensory issues when it comes to loud volumes. So, my rig is relegated to the garage. Not a big deal, though. Nice little escape when time allows.

Still in the process of completing the collection. Need to add a Tele and an LP with P-90s. Also need to find a decent amp that handles fuzz pedals...my Orange absolutely despises any OD or fuzzbox.
plaid sabbath

interested
interested

Postby t-rey » Tue May 14, 2013 3:40 pm

new05002 wrote:yes, well haha no my head

Facts schmacts. You usually have a 200w head on those cabs; ergo, 200w home rig :doom:

plaid sabbath wrote:Probably the most inferior "doom rig" posted, but I have fun with it.

MIJ Fender Strat
MIJ Epiphone SG-70
Orange OR15
Home-brewed 4x12s

As much as I'd love to have some of the high-octane rigs some of you guys have, it would be a total waste of gear for me. Both of my sons are autistic and have some sensory issues when it comes to loud volumes. So, my rig is relegated to the garage. Not a big deal, though. Nice little escape when time allows.

Still in the process of completing the collection. Need to add a Tele and an LP with P-90s. Also need to find a decent amp that handles fuzz pedals...my Orange absolutely despises any OD or fuzzbox.

You obviously missed my baby rig o' doom then :p

Those OR15s are fucking monsters. I want one soooo bad, but it's so far down on the list it probably won't ever happen, since I usually find a pedal or two I 'need' before I have enough in my gear fund to buy a new amp or guitar :facepalm:

As for fuzz/pedal amp, might I recommend an Ampeg GVT15h. I really like mine and it can have the toanz at low volume as well. I've also been looking at the Fender Superchamp x2 head for similar reasons. I always fall back on a Wino interview where he says that doom has everything to do with feel and that you can play the heaviest shit in the world on an acoustic.

And kudos (even though I hate that word) to you for building your rig around the needs of your kids. Very cool thing to do.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AngryGoldfish » Tue May 14, 2013 7:52 pm

plaid sabbath wrote:Probably the most inferior "doom rig" posted, but I have fun with it.

MIJ Fender Strat
MIJ Epiphone SG-70
Orange OR15
Home-brewed 4x12s

Awesome stuff here. And I just want to say, well done for putting your kids first. I'm not saying others put their music before their family, but it's always nice to see someone sacrifice their wills for the betterment of what's more important.

t-rey wrote:You obviously missed my baby rig o' doom then :p

Those OR15s are fucking monsters. I want one soooo bad, but it's so far down on the list it probably won't ever happen, since I usually find a pedal or two I 'need' before I have enough in my gear fund to buy a new amp or guitar :facepalm:

As for fuzz/pedal amp, might I recommend an Ampeg GVT15h. I really like mine and it can have the toanz at low volume as well. I've also been looking at the Fender Superchamp x2 head for similar reasons. I always fall back on a Wino interview where he says that doom has everything to do with feel and that you can play the heaviest shit in the world on an acoustic.

And kudos (even though I hate that word) to you for building your rig around the needs of your kids. Very cool thing to do.

A wise Wino. Doom is definitely not in the gear.
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org