Post Your Rig: Doom Edition



Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby conky » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:19 am

Weber 65s. I'm used to Matamp / Model T low mid growl. The JMP and my old 2204 were on the higher mid spectrum. The mids aren't as much as a problem as the ear piercing treble. I had a hard time dialing it out on my 2204. It went from ear killing harsh to muddy turds, even on the low input. If I had this cab with the Reapers in it back then though I imagine I'd have never gotten rid of it. That and I never really tried tube rolling in the preamp, I'm sure that had a big part in it.
conky

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby BoatRich » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Image
Various gear between my drummer and I. Butcher is new as of today, there's a second 3620 in the closet, and a v4 and 215 at my house that I practice with.
BoatRich

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1981
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby postnothing1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Current
Attachments
13087575_1611346555856000_1255273546270615587_n.jpg
postnothing1

User avatar
interested
interested
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm
Location: Toronto, CA

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby t-rey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:46 pm

conky wrote:muddy turds.
t-rey

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2802
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby Cisco » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 pm

Finally got some KT88 in my life.
Image
Cisco

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Dago

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby odontophobia » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:01 pm

dayum. that's gotta push a lot of air.
theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4668
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: michigan

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby rickenbastard » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:42 pm

Cisco wrote:Finally got some KT88 in my life.
Image


This settles it. I'm saving for a Matamp.
rickenbastard

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby claytronofrio » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 pm

Current rig...
Image
claytronofrio

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby odontophobia » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:32 am

whoa oh. that's a sweet rig.
using both rigs simultaneously?
theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4668
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: michigan

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby Corey Y » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:59 am

Nice, I love the Peavey Mace, ever since playing one at a jam years ago. My timing has never been right to pick up one for a good price.
Warp Rig (Instrumental Stoner/Doom/Psyche) http://warprig.bandcamp.com
Mental Waste (Fastcore/Powerviolence) http://mentalwaste.bandcamp.com
Gorehog (Grindcore) http://gorehog.bandcamp.com
Corey Y

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Poland, OH

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby claytronofrio » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:31 pm

odontophobia wrote:whoa oh. that's a sweet rig.
using both rigs simultaneously?


Of course! The two really balance each other out.
claytronofrio

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby claytronofrio » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Corey Y wrote:Nice, I love the Peavey Mace, ever since playing one at a jam years ago. My timing has never been right to pick up one for a good price.


I've always been pretty lucky when it comes to stumbling into deals... I actually got my Sunn 4x12 for FREE. :cool:
claytronofrio

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby Corey Y » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:13 pm

claytronofrio wrote:
Corey Y wrote:Nice, I love the Peavey Mace, ever since playing one at a jam years ago. My timing has never been right to pick up one for a good price.


I've always been pretty lucky when it comes to stumbling into deals... I actually got my Sunn 4x12 for FREE. :cool:


I used to be like that, when I had more moneys. Oh, I miss you so money. Maybe we'll see each other again in 2017. I've sold off all my great gear for nothing purchases by now, to pay bills the last couple years, with one or two exceptions.

I just hardly ever see a Mace come up for sale. When I have it was either dirt cheap and I just had zero cash or it was for something like $1k plus shipping on ebay that stayed listed for 9 months without any suckers biting.
Warp Rig (Instrumental Stoner/Doom/Psyche) http://warprig.bandcamp.com
Mental Waste (Fastcore/Powerviolence) http://mentalwaste.bandcamp.com
Gorehog (Grindcore) http://gorehog.bandcamp.com
Corey Y

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:39 pm
Location: Poland, OH

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby claytronofrio » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 pm

Corey Y wrote:
claytronofrio wrote:
Corey Y wrote:Nice, I love the Peavey Mace, ever since playing one at a jam years ago. My timing has never been right to pick up one for a good price.


I've always been pretty lucky when it comes to stumbling into deals... I actually got my Sunn 4x12 for FREE. :cool:


I used to be like that, when I had more moneys. Oh, I miss you so money. Maybe we'll see each other again in 2017. I've sold off all my great gear for nothing purchases by now, to pay bills the last couple years, with one or two exceptions.

I just hardly ever see a Mace come up for sale. When I have it was either dirt cheap and I just had zero cash or it was for something like $1k plus shipping on ebay that stayed listed for 9 months without any suckers biting.


That just gave me an idea... Someone should start a thread for gear that's live on eBay/craigslist/Reverb for super cheap, like a deal alert kind of thing. That is if it doesn't already exist... It probably exists. I tried a quick search to no avail.
claytronofrio

User avatar
uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Post Your Rig: Doom Edition

Postby gnomethrone » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:52 pm

claytronofrio wrote:That just gave me an idea... Someone should start a thread for gear that's live on eBay/craigslist/Reverb for super cheap, like a deal alert kind of thing. That is if it doesn't already exist... It probably exists. I tried a quick search to no avail.

doom specific:
http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=227&t=33728&start=3480
everything:
http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=22138&start=8175

careful tho, those threads will steal all your money.

:thumb:
Chankgeez wrote:Bottom-shelf components sound fine when you're liquor'd up on well drinks. :snax:
gnomethrone

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.