Distortion Pedals

Re: Distortion Pedals

Postby samzadgan » Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 am

so...i had a long distortion quest and finally found the few pedals that did everything for me:
SLOstrortion is amazingly good, the DLS Mk2.2 is also really good and finally the EQD Monarch is great, especially pushed by the DLS.

I've had Rat, Fullbore (which i really hated), Way Huge Fat Sandwich, EXH Metal Muff, Distortion III...and a number of others that i cant remember, but i have to say these three are the best i have come across. I will say there is one pedal that is on my list, the MXR Badass 78...it does sound really good, i tried in a shop and didn't buy it because i was looking for more of an OD pedal...you should give it a go just for a different flavor.

also to Skip's point on the BAT front, when i was ordering my pedal last month, Mark did mention that his working on some stuff, so maybe hold off until you see what he comes up with.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby benadrian » Fri May 03, 2013 1:28 pm

If you ever see one of these, give it a spin. I wish I hadn't sold mine a while ago.

benadrian

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby crohny » Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm

Black Arts Oath
crohny

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 pm

I would like an Oath though - when I had the tourbox I would just dime the Revelation and beat the shit out of my Blackstar and Jet City with it. I kinda miss my Jet City...and the Dark Terror. I'm hoping that dropping the coin on an Elements next month will get me that big saturated brootz that I'm missing out on with the Blackstar.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hashshashin » Mon May 06, 2013 3:21 pm

The Amptweaker Tight Metal and Blackstar HT-DISTX have been catching my eye, recently. I'm looking for something to make that tight-butthole Mesa tone with a pedal, and without spending upwards of too much, those seem to be the best.

Also have been loving the RATish tones coming from the Fuzzrocious and ss/bs camps.
hashshashin

interested
interested

Postby The Wood Wizard » Mon May 06, 2013 8:37 pm

that tight metal pedal looks pretty gnar for that.
I make guitars and stuff, check it out at...

THE WOOD WIZARD

:doom:
The Wood Wizard

experienced
experienced

Postby conky » Tue May 07, 2013 12:30 pm

I kinda have to disagree with the Black Forest not being good for lighter OD tones. That is exactly how I use it in my setup. It gives my cleans a little grit to dirty up and it makes my amp's dirt channel that much more heavy. It also responds to dynamic picking very well in lower gain settings too.

Trey, if you haven't gotten an Elements yet there is one in the spam thread for $165. Its a white one if I remember correctly.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Tue May 07, 2013 1:03 pm

vidret wrote:there are two elements in the spam, i'm trying to stay away.

I guess it's just me having a hard time keeping myself from diming the black forest when i'm playing with it :picard:

It sounds great dimed too. My bassist is using mine right now and I believe he has it just about dimed.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Tue May 07, 2013 1:38 pm

conky wrote:I kinda have to disagree with the Black Forest not being good for lighter OD tones. That is exactly how I use it in my setup. It gives my cleans a little grit to dirty up and it makes my amp's dirt channel that much more heavy. It also responds to dynamic picking very well in lower gain settings too.

Trey, if you haven't gotten an Elements yet there is one in the spam thread for $165. Its a white one if I remember correctly.

Yeah man - for really good prices too. If I can get my financial shit straight before they are gone I will pick one up. Otherwise I will pick up one of the new ones as a birthday present to myself.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby misterstomach » Thu May 09, 2013 3:13 pm

t-rey wrote:
conky wrote:I kinda have to disagree with the Black Forest not being good for lighter OD tones. That is exactly how I use it in my setup. It gives my cleans a little grit to dirty up and it makes my amp's dirt channel that much more heavy. It also responds to dynamic picking very well in lower gain settings too.

Yeah man - for really good prices too. If I can get my financial shit straight before they are gone I will pick one up. Otherwise I will pick up one of the new ones as a birthday present to myself.

i don't know if you've spent any time on the dr scientist hosted forum, but if you're thinking of a birthday pedal you should read his sticky thread on birthday pedal discounts. he offers a handsome discount to ilf folks on their birthdays. this information is not intended to go beyond these pages though, as i understand.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby t-rey » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks man - I had almost forgotten about that aspect of Ryan's radness. It will be a happy birthday indeed.

So I had a job interview this afternoon. Feel like it went really, really well. Kind of nervous about being offered the position and resigning from my current job. I have this guilty/loyalty complex that even though all signs point to me needing to move on, I feel really bad about jumping ship if I find another job. I blame it on my maternal side being non practicing Catholics.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Thu May 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh yeah - sentimentality totally fucks up me selling and trying new gear ALL THE TIME. Like I know rationally that I could probably sell my Twosome and try some other shit out (most likely coming back to a Musket) but I fucking won't because it's custom, I waited a long time for it, and I used some inheritance money to buy it. Overall it saves me money so I'm not usually that upset about it.

The more I see the new Elements finish, the more I know that is the right choice for me. Even though I LOVE the white one, I can't help but think how amazingly cool the blue wilderness Elements will look on my pedalboard next to my blue space Cosmichorus :animal:

I also have no idea why I posted the interview thing in here...very strange choice on my part, but guess I needed the outlet :idk:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 pm

Kinda mistook it for the doom room and also generally feels weird to put that shit out on here when I should be just making dick jokes and talking about loud shit.

I miss my Pharaoh most of the time. I sold it to have enough cash to completely ball out at my buddies bachelor party - solid choice, but fleeting. And I bet the OG black metal Elements would be just about the most valuable thing in all of Scandinavia!
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu May 09, 2013 11:09 pm

conky wrote:
vidret wrote:there are two elements in the spam, i'm trying to stay away.

I guess it's just me having a hard time keeping myself from diming the black forest when i'm playing with it :picard:

It sounds great dimed too. My bassist is using mine right now and I believe he has it just about dimed.

I got mine initially to boost my monarch, and it was ok. The lower gain settings were nice from what I recall. But after about five minutes of that I dimed the gain out. It hasn't moved.
Its probably not going to.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby LOCOPELAND » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

PSA: There's a Black Elements on the Talkbass classifieds...

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f213/wts- ... ck-982372/

TWO, as a matter of fact!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f213/fs-c ... -a-979869/
:ilw:

nightterrors wrote:Except fuzz, fuzz all the time.
LOCOPELAND

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org