· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Simon from Vokonis seems incredibly not enthused on how his Boult signature turned out.

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:03 pm

Looks like Boult is kaput anyways...

Really loving the Conan half of this ol' split lately...

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi!
Any thoughts about the Gamechanger Audio Plasma Pedal in low tuned heavy shit ?

Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:55 pm

adamajah wrote:Looks like Boult is kaput anyways...

I think he's selling the company or something like that? But yeah that was the first I'd heard of it.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:32 pm

hi corpseroom

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:40 pm

it ded.

Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:27 am

RIP in pieces

Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:07 am

Only funeral doom up in here, I guess.

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:15 am

So you guys wanna talk some more about G&L MFD pickups er what?

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:24 am

my question in relation to how alumitones sound vs. those pickups is still just floating in the wind

Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:30 am

Ha! I think it's going to be tough to find someone who has direct experience with both of those (mildly obscure) pickups.

I say just commit to the Lace because 1. they look cool, and 2. so you can report back and tell us more about them.

Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:30 am

Jäke wrote:Ha! I think it's going to be tough to find someone who has direct experience with both of those (mildly obscure) pickups.

I say just commit to the Lace because 1. they look cool, and 2. so you can report back and tell us more about them.

I already have both lace golds (neck and middle) and an alumitone (bridge) that i use in one guitar. Love them both a lot. gold is good for really warm more classic sounding single coil pickups while the alumitone deathbucker is super hifi and really clangy/aggressive stuff. I love lace pickups in general, no noise and sound great with pedals i use. There aren't really like anything else and are their own animal.

As for the other pickups i asked about, i will let that question float into the wind i guess. Was mainly asking because i was curious about loading another guitar with something else for recording purposes, but i guess i will just float on as well with other things.

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Thinking about starting to save up for a Matamp GT100/120. Are the modern versions any good or should I try to score a vintage model? I've heard Matamp was having some quality control issues for a bit and I'd hate to sink a bunch of money into a pain in the ass. :idk:

Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:15 pm

systemofameow wrote:Thinking about starting to save up for a Matamp GT100/120. Are the modern versions any good or should I try to score a vintage model? I've heard Matamp was having some quality control issues for a bit and I'd hate to sink a bunch of money into a pain in the ass. :idk:

I had the first of the 2014 model GT120s (didn't even have a serial!) and it got sent back like 3 times because they'd not done it properly.

The amp once it was working was great, absolutely what you'd want, but it took them like 3 months to get it built and then it took another 6 weeks to get fixed.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:29 am

Yeesh. What problems were you having with it? Any issues with the choke?
Post a reply