· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:14 am

All the money is here in Europe though.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:53 am

Shit gets real once you cross the equator, though....

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:04 am

Here's a little something I thought youd guys appreciate!
https://soundcloud.com/echoesleftbehind/doom-bride
First slower doom-y track Ive been really happy with! I hope you guys like!

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:54 pm

Not sure if people really check this sub any more, but my band finally got around to releasing our first album. After working on it for 3 years lmao

https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/album/carkoon

Good to finally feel free to work on other stuff, it was easy to be in a rut waiting for this stuff to be finished. Hope everyone is doing well!

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 am

HeavyXIII wrote:Not sure if people really check this sub any more, but my band finally got around to releasing our first album. After working on it for 3 years lmao

https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/album/carkoon

Good to finally feel free to work on other stuff, it was easy to be in a rut waiting for this stuff to be finished. Hope everyone is doing well!



CDs look nice, where did you get them done? Or did you do them yourself?

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 pm

We got them done through EasyDisc, a small run of 100 which ran a little over $2 a disc. They made the design process bearable, considering I've never done a digipak layout before. They don't distribute your music like CDbaby does, but I believe they're more affordable if you don't need the extra stuff.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm

CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated


Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 pm

emptyparadigm wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated


Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!


Yo dude.
Keep trying to catch y’all but parenting is hard and both Detroit and Chicago are 3 your trips.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

emptyparadigm wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated


Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!


Something that can do a bit of both. I've got to remain semi-sensible with price. I probably can't justify a £1000 tube head right now especially since I'm not in a band, but I do need something that can provide volume and lows without being a pile of digital trash

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:23 pm

CaptainBoxman wrote:
emptyparadigm wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated


Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!


Something that can do a bit of both. I've got to remain semi-sensible with price. I probably can't justify a £1000 tube head right now especially since I'm not in a band, but I do need something that can provide volume and lows without being a pile of digital trash


Volume and lows without breaking the bank but not being digital shit? Buckle up, son.

Sunn 1200
Ampeg SVT
Traynor YBA-200-2 (DO NOT get the 200. The 200-2 removes the auto bias that led to a myriad of problems)
Anything Orange
Fender 300 Tube
Older, heavy as fuck Trace Elliott amps

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Hey doods,

Recorded a new album and its finally ready to come out. This is the first time in a while that I've been the only guitarist. It was fun getting to blend amps and all that stuff in the studio. I used a 2nd gen Model T and a Matamp GT120 both being pushed by a Pharaoh and Witchburner for this track. Some Dunwich Gravity Well is in there, too. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

https://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp ... dead-light

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm

conky wrote:Hey doods,

Recorded a new album and its finally ready to come out. This is the first time in a while that I've been the only guitarist. It was fun getting to blend amps and all that stuff in the studio. I used a 2nd gen Model T and a Matamp GT120 both being pushed by a Pharaoh and Witchburner for this track. Some Dunwich Gravity Well is in there, too. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

https://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp ... dead-light


I like it a lot. The guitars sound great. Great job on the recording. I really like the sort of lullaby ending.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:14 am

misterstomach wrote:
conky wrote:Hey doods,

Recorded a new album and its finally ready to come out. This is the first time in a while that I've been the only guitarist. It was fun getting to blend amps and all that stuff in the studio. I used a 2nd gen Model T and a Matamp GT120 both being pushed by a Pharaoh and Witchburner for this track. Some Dunwich Gravity Well is in there, too. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

https://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp ... dead-light


I like it a lot. The guitars sound great. Great job on the recording. I really like the sort of lullaby ending.


:hug: Thanks man. I've always been a sucker for creepy music box type things. When we were writing it we liked it but were all worried that it'd come across as some shitty numetal type thing. We said fuck it and left it in there and looking back I'm glad we did. It gives a pretty nice transition to the 2nd track which is a part 2 to this song.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 pm

EU Doom Room bros, we coming'.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.59.34 AM.png
Post a reply