· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:43 am

Also, Fever, just saw your Verellen set up in the BST. I'm supposed to be getting rid of gear not adding to it otherwise I'd be all over that setup!

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:43 pm

live-i-evil wrote:Man oh man, bad news for me and better news for others - I'm going to be selling most of my guitar gear. Including the Dunwich. Makes me feel all weepy. Hope ya'll are doing well and making cool shit out there.


i was recently wondering what you've been up to. good to encounter your cyber space presence. sorry you're having to unload a bunch of gear. i've definitely been there and it sucks. glad you're busy and doing shit.

and... are you selling your stuff on here? where does one find these items. i know you've got a bunch of killer stuff.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:21 pm

misterstomach wrote:
live-i-evil wrote:Man oh man, bad news for me and better news for others - I'm going to be selling most of my guitar gear. Including the Dunwich. Makes me feel all weepy. Hope ya'll are doing well and making cool shit out there.


i was recently wondering what you've been up to. good to encounter your cyber space presence. sorry you're having to unload a bunch of gear. i've definitely been there and it sucks. glad you're busy and doing shit.

and... are you selling your stuff on here? where does one find these items. i know you've got a bunch of killer stuff.


Hey, man! My cyber-ghost lives on! I'll list it on the classifieds here when I get all the pictures taken and stuff. I'll also make sure to give a heads up in here, I'd rather the gear go to someone I know. So far it looks like I will be selling the following things:

Vintage 70's Orange 4x12 with Original Eminence Speakers
Dietz 2x15 cab loaded with EV15L speakers
2x10 port back cab with Vox cloth and EV 10m speakers
Dunwich Custom 200
This crazy vintage Gibson Titan amp I have that was modded to take 4 KT88 - It's a 100 watt big boy now
My Shoreline Gold Nash Thinline Tele
Maybe my Harry Joyce Custom 100

maybe a few other things here and there. Hope all is well in the north my man, you still playing with Druden/anything new out?

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:20 pm

The Dunwich, my Nash, and a cab are listed in the emporium now. More to be listed soon.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Daaaaaamn, i may not have a home anymore. Got evacuated yesterday for the wildfires and can’t find any reliable info about what has and hasn’t burned since the powers out there. I was able to grab my cat and some gear but it was pretty gnarly.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:48 pm

That's super stressful, I'm glad you and your feline made it out okay though. Hopefully things work out and your home is still standing.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:54 am

Stay safe, dude...

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:59 am

live-i-evil wrote:Daaaaaamn, i may not have a home anymore. Got evacuated yesterday for the wildfires and can’t find any reliable info about what has and hasn’t burned since the powers out there. I was able to grab my cat and some gear but it was pretty gnarly.



Fuck, that's intense, glad you're safe at least man. More than a few people on here have been hit by the fires over the past couple years. Stay safe!

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the support dudes. I'm crashing at a friends in LA with a car full of guitar gear. Still no official word on my apartment but it looks like it may have been spared. My mom's place looks like it may have been hit though. I'm headed back there tomorrow to check everything out.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 am

That's awful dude. Hang in there.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 am

Got lots of catching up to do...how’s everyone?

Evil..dude I hope everything is ok with you and your apartment.

So in some bad news, #menomore kicked off in the Australian doom scene...it started with an all female doom band, then a mate of mine in another band posted it on Facebook talking about boycotting some concerts, like Sleep and Wolves in the Throne Room. Anyway long story short the promoters are cunts, the one guy in particular that runs Life is Noise, has a long history of harassment towards women. It really sucks because Life is Noise is responsible for pretty much every international band coming to Australia within the doom world, but like many others I can’t really justify giving money to this cunt.

If the bands knew I’m pretty sure a lot of them may not want to work with him, but because their international this stuff never gets out.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am

I saw your friend's post earlier, I'm gonna try to get some screenshots together on my lunch break and send a message to Sleep and WITTR about it.

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

systemofameow wrote:I saw your friend's post earlier, I'm gonna try to get some screenshots together on my lunch break and send a message to Sleep and WITTR about it.


Sweet man.

I’m pretty sure WITTR had a band member in the Doom Room...not sure if he still visits these parts...

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Sleep came out with a post a little bit ago on the matter:
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG (41.62 KiB) Viewed 1892 times


::EDIT::
Also this, although it kinda just seems like an ass saving PR stunt, at this point...
lifeisnoise1.JPG
lifeisnoise1.JPG (44.33 KiB) Viewed 1891 times

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 am

samzadgan wrote:Got lots of catching up to do...how’s everyone?

Evil..dude I hope everything is ok with you and your apartment.

So in some bad news, #menomore kicked off in the Australian doom scene...it started with an all female doom band, then a mate of mine in another band posted it on Facebook talking about boycotting some concerts, like Sleep and Wolves in the Throne Room. Anyway long story short the promoters are cunts, the one guy in particular that runs Life is Noise, has a long history of harassment towards women. It really sucks because Life is Noise is responsible for pretty much every international band coming to Australia within the doom world, but like many others I can’t really justify giving money to this cunt.

If the bands knew I’m pretty sure a lot of them may not want to work with him, but because their international this stuff never gets out.

There are no Australian promoters you could even call human anymore.
It's fucking shameful.
systemofameow wrote:Sleep came out with a post a little bit ago on the matter:
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG


::EDIT::
Also this, although it kinda just seems like an ass saving PR stunt, at this point...
lifeisnoise1.JPG

Glad I have been lazy and not bought a ticket.
Saddened because we'll probably never get to see Sleep or any other decent band ever again.
This is pretty fucked.
Looks like the island continent will have to return to its 80s/90s mode of just producing weird shit in isolation to everything else happening around the planet that nobody will ever hear.
Which itself is the double edge sword of best music ever/no one will ever know.
Looks like
Post a reply