· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Finally got the amp in shells at Fear The Riff. Once I got home I stacked it up for maximum results.

Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:06 pm

This necromancy is pleasing.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:37 am

Nick's rig is chilling there like:
Attachments
2001apes-thumb-510x241-48909.jpg
2001apes-thumb-510x241-48909.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 5084 times

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:41 am

Monilith and chill.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:13 am

rsfc wrote:I'm trying to get some deep droney tones (think Sunn O, burning witch, heavier Boris) and with my current setup in drop B my bassier notes tend to get muffled sounding (poor articulation, almost phased) I'm playing through a carvin X100B into a old large bassman 2x12 cab with 2 Eminence Maverick speakers. Tried both a Rat and a big muff and different pedal combos. Do you think it's the speakers or where would you start to correct this?

Dial the bass back on the pedals. Add it back in (if you will) with the amp.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:14 am

Speaking of emperor, anyone check out their site recently?

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 am

D.o.S. wrote:Speaking of emperor, anyone check out their site recently?

i thought that i remembered seeing on their facebook that his shop burned down / had a huge fire or something. I couldn't remember 100% if it was him or somebody else, so i just looked at his facebook page again but can't find the photo. The photo i was looking for had a garage looking space full of burned cabs and other equipment

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:41 am

I just sussed out that other thread.
What a shit show.
To lighten the mood, here are some pictures of glass bongs I found while doing research for my post in said thread.
That last one because science.

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 am

finally remembered, it was Tyrant Tone that had their place catch fire, not Emperor Cabs

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

ibarakishi wrote:finally remembered, it was Tyrant Tone that had their place catch fire, not Emperor Cabs

Yeah, dude was really stand up about making sure it didn't distract folks from the hurricane efforts too. Definitely seems like he was the better part of Emperor.
Attachments
Screenshot_20171010-095632~01~01.png
Screenshot_20171010-095632~01~01.png (343.48 KiB) Viewed 5513 times

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:12 pm

new05002 wrote:Image

Finally got the amp in shells at Fear The Riff. Once I got home I stacked it up for maximum results.

One of the lucky few who have ever gotten to play this :) was quite fun

Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm

systemofameow wrote:
ibarakishi wrote:finally remembered, it was Tyrant Tone that had their place catch fire, not Emperor Cabs

Yeah, dude was really stand up about making sure it didn't distract folks from the hurricane efforts too. Definitely seems like he was the better part of Emperor.

Oddly enough, he was the dickhead who refused to fix my cab for months and then all i could get out of him was "When you tour through here, bring it by the shop we will fix it". Fuck that guy.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:

I just sussed out that other thread.
What a shit show.
To lighten the mood, here are some pictures of glass bongs I found while doing research for my post in said thread.
NSFW: show

That last one because science.

not so fast! :p

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Haha! Well played.

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:26 pm

ShaunNecro wrote:Got to see Khemmis yesterday and drink a bunch of beer while doing it. Cracked my ribs in the pit, so now I gotta take it easy for a while, lol. Getting old rules!

Thanks for coming out dude! It was an awesome weekend, but holy shit I have never been so miserably hot playing on stage in my entire life. The four of us drank almost two cases of water in less than 4 hours!
Post a reply