Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby new05002 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:09 am

and now populated

new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Is that the same unit they use for the Space project reverb?
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Is there a demo with heavy dirt? I saw the clean-ish ones and loved them. One thing I particularly like about the ghost echo is the attack control, which is a pre delay. It's really helpful for preserving the definition of your picking, which I find gets too washed out with some reverbs, especially if you're playing fast. I have no doubt, knowing you, that you've thought about this and I'm sure this thing sounds sick with dirt. Perhaps the dwell control addresses this adequately? I'm sure it'll be good and I'm stoked to hopefully get one. Just curious to hear it with black/death metal speeds and dirt.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 am

misterstomach wrote:Is there a demo with heavy dirt? I saw the clean-ish ones and loved them. One thing I particularly like about the ghost echo is the attack control, which is a pre delay. It's really helpful for preserving the definition of your picking, which I find gets too washed out with some reverbs, especially if you're playing fast. I have no doubt, knowing you, that you've thought about this and I'm sure this thing sounds sick with dirt. Perhaps the dwell control addresses this adequately? I'm sure it'll be good and I'm stoked to hopefully get one. Just curious to hear it with black/death metal speeds and dirt.

Check this clip with the Strange Aeons

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYZxOAUAcN9/

Dwell wont control the pre-delay, its more of controlling the input signal strength hitting the verb section. Does help prevent overloading the reverb module and making it fart out.

Iommic Pope wrote:Is that the same unit they use for the Space project reverb?

Not sure I dont know that circuit.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby emptyparadigm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:46 pm

Haven't checked in here for a while. Hey doom room folks! That reverb pedal looks so sick, Nick. As much as I'm slimming down the gear horde, might just have to try to carve out some room in the budget for one.

In the process of selling almost every piece of guitar-related gear I have that isn't being used live. Trying to get a few more pieces for a reasonable home studio. Anyone have thoughts on basic soundproofing that doesn't require actual construction? Just want my home office to be a place I can mix without irritating my wife (her office is adjacent) or our neighbor (whose townhome is smack against ours). Eh?

I've also realized that I'm a Gibson V guy and that's pretty much it. Played Les Pauls for so long, but they don't even feel right anymore. Which means I'll probably sell my Swamp Ash LP and my LTD V401, even though both are pretty awesome guitars. Two Vs, an Explorer, a Tele, and an acoustic are all I'm gonna keep. First time to not have an LP to my name in about a decade.

Also, sorry to any of y'all I didn't get to chat with at Psycho. That whole weekend was a blur/insane party. Took me a week for my organs/brain to recover, but it was totally worth it!
KHEMMIS. Doomed heavy metal. DECEIVER out 11/19/21 on Nuclear Blast.

GLACIAL TOMB. Misanthropic death/black/sludge. S/t debut out now on Gilead Media.

Good deals with: Ancient Astronaught, conky, crohny, D-Day, Corey Y, ryan summit, tons more here and on HCFX under this username
emptyparadigm

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Dudes. Looks like my gear room/office may be usurped. Which means I'm probably going to sell the head/cab and pick up a combo for maximum ease of stashing away when not in use. Any suggestions on combos that take pedals well and still vibe well with the whole stoner/doom/psych thing?

Amps that currently have my interest:
Vox AC15 (or maybe 30, or hell, maybe even the 4)
Fender Blues Junior
Fender DRRI
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC-30
Blackstar Artist 15
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

ibanez tsa15 or tsa30 have worked well for me. i have the tsa30 and like it a lot. kind of similar to a fender, but has its own thing sound wise. takes pedals well and has a lot of headroom. I love how overdrives and distortions sound through it. The built in tube screamer is pointless, but the amp itself sounds great for me.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby AZX309 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:38 pm

t-rey wrote:Dudes. Looks like my gear room/office may be usurped. Which means I'm probably going to sell the head/cab and pick up a combo for maximum ease of stashing away when not in use. Any suggestions on combos that take pedals well and still vibe well with the whole stoner/doom/psych thing?

Fender Blues Junior
Fender DRRI
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC-30
Blackstar Artist 15

find a traynor in whatever wattage you like.
Played the Artist 15 in store. Wouldn't say its doomy but definitely does the stoner thing with some pedals.
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby CaptainBoxman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:21 am

Hi gents

Long time no talk

I'm just popping my head through the door to let you know I've had to quit playing, and I'm selling off some of my gear

I'll do a proper BST post in a few minutes, but I thought one you guys might be interested in the ZVEX Double Rock, EQD Hoof, Deluxe Memory Man, or 1972 Colorsound Wah I'm selling

Hope you're all doing well
Iommic Pope wrote:The Boxman hails the Mountain,
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 pm

AZX309 wrote:
t-rey wrote:Dudes. Looks like my gear room/office may be usurped. Which means I'm probably going to sell the head/cab and pick up a combo for maximum ease of stashing away when not in use. Any suggestions on combos that take pedals well and still vibe well with the whole stoner/doom/psych thing?

Fender Blues Junior
Fender DRRI
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC-30
Blackstar Artist 15

Played the Artist 15 in store. Wouldn't say its doomy but definitely does the stoner thing with some pedals.

Any particular Traynors that are better than others for my purposes? The YGs or something like that?

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the Artist. Looks like a cool little amp for sure.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 pm

CaptainBoxman wrote:Hi gents

Long time no talk

I'm just popping my head through the door to let you know I've had to quit playing, and I'm selling off some of my gear

I'll do a proper BST post in a few minutes, but I thought one you guys might be interested in the ZVEX Double Rock, EQD Hoof, Deluxe Memory Man, or 1972 Colorsound Wah I'm selling

Dude!
Sad to see you hang up your spurs.
You busy with study still.
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:18 am

t-rey wrote:
AZX309 wrote:

Fender Blues Junior
Fender DRRI
Peavey Classic 30
Laney VC-30
Blackstar Artist 15

Any particular Traynors that are better than others for my purposes? The YGs or something like that?

Glad to hear some positive feedback on the Artist. Looks like a cool little amp for sure.

may I suggest something a little different...get yourself a tweed princeton (clone)...that will sound stellar with fuzz and can do the doom thing no probs...and the cleans are awesome. ToeTag's in Canada do amazing clones...but there's a bunch in the US as well.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby CaptainBoxman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 am

Iommic Pope wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Hi gents

Long time no talk

Dude!
Sad to see you hang up your spurs.
You busy with study still.

I've been lecturing in Psychology, and in Health and Social Care for about 3 years now

Injured my arm a while ago and haven't been able to play well without pain since then, and got into a cycle of not picking up, not practicing, getting worse, getting frustrated when I did, picking it up even less and rinse and repeat
Iommic Pope wrote:The Boxman hails the Mountain,
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:20 am

That sucks man.
I recall that you graduated but I couldn't remember if you had done/were beginning post grad, sorry mate.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:46 am

Boxman, dude that sucks...although playing guitar isn't everything, as long as you're enjoying life mate. Who know you might come back to it in 10 yrs time.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org