The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 am

That's awful dude. Hang in there.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 am

Got lots of catching up to do...how’s everyone?

Evil..dude I hope everything is ok with you and your apartment.

So in some bad news, #menomore kicked off in the Australian doom scene...it started with an all female doom band, then a mate of mine in another band posted it on Facebook talking about boycotting some concerts, like Sleep and Wolves in the Throne Room. Anyway long story short the promoters are cunts, the one guy in particular that runs Life is Noise, has a long history of harassment towards women. It really sucks because Life is Noise is responsible for pretty much every international band coming to Australia within the doom world, but like many others I can’t really justify giving money to this cunt.

If the bands knew I’m pretty sure a lot of them may not want to work with him, but because their international this stuff never gets out.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby systemofameow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 am

I saw your friend's post earlier, I'm gonna try to get some screenshots together on my lunch break and send a message to Sleep and WITTR about it.
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby samzadgan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:51 pm

systemofameow wrote:I saw your friend's post earlier, I'm gonna try to get some screenshots together on my lunch break and send a message to Sleep and WITTR about it.

Sweet man.

I’m pretty sure WITTR had a band member in the Doom Room...not sure if he still visits these parts...
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby systemofameow » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Sleep came out with a post a little bit ago on the matter:
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG (41.62 KiB) Viewed 5919 times

::EDIT::
Also this, although it kinda just seems like an ass saving PR stunt, at this point...
lifeisnoise1.JPG
lifeisnoise1.JPG (44.33 KiB) Viewed 5918 times
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:30 am

samzadgan wrote:Got lots of catching up to do...how’s everyone?

Evil..dude I hope everything is ok with you and your apartment.

So in some bad news, #menomore kicked off in the Australian doom scene...it started with an all female doom band, then a mate of mine in another band posted it on Facebook talking about boycotting some concerts, like Sleep and Wolves in the Throne Room. Anyway long story short the promoters are cunts, the one guy in particular that runs Life is Noise, has a long history of harassment towards women. It really sucks because Life is Noise is responsible for pretty much every international band coming to Australia within the doom world, but like many others I can’t really justify giving money to this cunt.

If the bands knew I’m pretty sure a lot of them may not want to work with him, but because their international this stuff never gets out.

There are no Australian promoters you could even call human anymore.
It's fucking shameful.
systemofameow wrote:Sleep came out with a post a little bit ago on the matter:
sleeplifeisnoise.JPG

::EDIT::
Also this, although it kinda just seems like an ass saving PR stunt, at this point...
lifeisnoise1.JPG

Glad I have been lazy and not bought a ticket.
Saddened because we'll probably never get to see Sleep or any other decent band ever again.
This is pretty fucked.
Looks like the island continent will have to return to its 80s/90s mode of just producing weird shit in isolation to everything else happening around the planet that nobody will ever hear.
Which itself is the double edge sword of best music ever/no one will ever know.
Looks like
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 am

really respect sleep for handling things so fast and being honest about it all
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby conky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:37 am

Hey dudes, looks like my band is going to be down to one guitar. Matt decided to step down after going through a divorce and wanting to spend as much time with his kids (which is what i would do if i were in his position). Sucks because he and i rarely lock in on the same thing. Luckily i ended up writing the majority of our new album and it doesnt sound bad with one guitar. Some parts we leave out so the bass and drums cover everything, some the keys play his part. There are about 3 sections though that need two guitars on.

I have a Jamman stereo and loop stuff at home, mostly noise bits but sometimes i loop and play over it when trying to come up with new parts. I have a hard time playing to a loop with the band though. I can never get the levels right. It seems with a lot of fuzz it just becomes a big ol compressed pile of turd. It loses a ton of clarity. How do you guys remedy this? Ive tried running a wet dry rig where my reverbs, delays and loop go to my JMP and the Matamp gets fuzz only. Ive also tried running full stereo from my Timefactor to the Jamman to both amps. Neither really made a difference. Is the mushy loops just a Jamman thing or do they all do that with high gain? FWIW, my amps are high headroom.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:54 am

conky wrote:Hey dudes, looks like my band is going to be down to one guitar. Matt decided to step down after going through a divorce and wanting to spend as much time with his kids (which is what i would do if i were in his position). Sucks because he and i rarely lock in on the same thing. Luckily i ended up writing the majority of our new album and it doesnt sound bad with one guitar. Some parts we leave out so the bass and drums cover everything, some the keys play his part. There are about 3 sections though that need two guitars on.

I have a Jamman stereo and loop stuff at home, mostly noise bits but sometimes i loop and play over it when trying to come up with new parts. I have a hard time playing to a loop with the band though. I can never get the levels right. It seems with a lot of fuzz it just becomes a big ol compressed pile of turd. It loses a ton of clarity. How do you guys remedy this? Ive tried running a wet dry rig where my reverbs, delays and loop go to my JMP and the Matamp gets fuzz only. Ive also tried running full stereo from my Timefactor to the Jamman to both amps. Neither really made a difference. Is the mushy loops just a Jamman thing or do they all do that with high gain? FWIW, my amps are high headroom.

I had a friend who used to do some live looping stuff but our sound didn’t have such thick fuzz sauce.

In this instance have you tried to just dial it in clean and see if you can get levels to meet up? Is it still muddy when clean? Maybe use pitch to go up an octave or play in an upper octave to help cut through the mix?
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby conky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 am

Clean is a little better but it still doesnt work with a live band context with bass and synth. The clean loop either gets lost or it buries what im playing over it. Low volume jamming by myself works great when trying to come up with leads and what not. I run the loop through the JMP which is dialed brighter than the Matamp but it didnt really make a difference that running into both.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:42 pm

conky wrote:Clean is a little better but it still doesnt work with a live band context with bass and synth. The clean loop either gets lost or it buries what im playing over it. Low volume jamming by myself works great when trying to come up with leads and what not. I run the loop through the JMP which is dialed brighter than the Matamp but it didnt really make a difference that running into both.

that sucks. i don't have a good solution because i really don't duck with looping at all. i've really only done so on my ipad and not live and usually the frequency is just running on top of itself and switching riffs to higher registers shifts the tone enough to help distinguish a bit. weird that it's getting buried in the two amp scenario. same fuzz/distortion sound for each "track?"
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

It's discontinued but the headrush worked great for that. The dude from Bong does a lot of looping with the little red Boss looper though and they still sound massive with one guitar. Maybe investigate that?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:46 pm

It just doesn't work well with high gain, usually. Especially for live looping, it's better if it's cleaner, more percussive, and out of the way (frequency-wise) of other instrumentation.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby fallen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:53 pm

I usually keep my looper (Ditto) fairly low output and sometimes use the fact that the loops get buried under a high volume output fuzz pedal to my advantage - just leave it the noise pad or atmosphere running and once you kick on the fuzz it basically disappears in the background.

When you want to balance it you need to either play the looped part an octave up to give it it's own sonic space - or you need a looper with one big volume knob so that you can continually mix in the loop level louder or softer as needed. I've never found "the sweet spot" so I put a big MXR style knob on my Ditto that is easier to turn with the sole of my shoe.

I feel like a looper with a tone control needs to be a thing - the tone control on the Echorec delay would be perfect - one direction the repeats get dark, the other direction the repeats get thinner - either way the repeats can be loud and they don't get in the way of your dry tone.
fallen

committed
committed

Postby fallen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:00 pm

It just started snowing here so I'm finally getting into the holiday spirit. I'm looking forward to a few crappy days weather wise that will look great through the window but will coax me down into the studio for some riffage.

Happy holidays everyone and hope you all get a little bit of time off to get some fuzz time in over the next two weeks. :animal:

In 10 days I'm heading to Mexico City so I'm also looking forward to that. Good food and art, should be a blast.
fallen

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org