The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am

people seem to love the one knob pedals right now, EQD is really popular for this reason. Personally i would be more interested in a 3 knob version over a 1 knob, but i think that a lot of people wouldn't care about this like i do. Starting with a one knob and then seeing what the feedback is from there and expanding it further based on that would be a valid option as well. It wouldn't be ideal for me to open up the pedal to mess around with the different levels, but just knowing that it is a possibility would completely erase any fears i would have about the product. If you do go the 1 knob route, i would make it a point to really push that information too, so that people would know about it.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby mathias » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am

Agreed; if I have internal trimmers I would prefer 1 knob. I've never had an issue with my Ghost Echo not having a volume knob. It has always "just worked". :idk:
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 am

So far I was happy with the overall dry signal - wet signal mixing and the volume. The feedback has a slow ramp rate and its more low end feedback then say screeching high end noise.

If I didnt have the feedback stomp I would reduce the size of the enclosure down to a 125B and it would be more compact.

Upon further thinking I could do a 2 knob version as well. Time and Mix with a Sync Switch that would either setup the dual times to be aligned or out of phase (where turning it up would make 1 go long and the other go shorts)
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 am

That sounds really cool. How do you feel about sideways two stomp like this?

ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 pm

mathias wrote:That sounds really cool. How do you feel about sideways two stomp like this?

Probably something I would do on custom order only. Conventionally there are more people who want vertical enclosures then horizontal ones.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 pm

I made 3 clips showing some different decay times

https://www.facebook.com/DunwichAmps/po ... 0353949552
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Krosis » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:46 am

Well, in one day, I lost my ID, I won $32 from Game of Thrones slots, and Matt Pike passed right by me in the bar. Where all you doom roomers at?
samzadgan wrote:You could come back and Matt Pike actually played classical guitar and studied really hard, didn't drink or smoke, and was now high paid Lawyer who spend most of his free time on TGP talking about how much his Les Paul weighs and how that makes the tone better than a Les Paul that weighs 0.05lb less.

new05002 wrote:I heard it does not work for kids who dont like black sabbath and sleep so there you go.
Krosis

experienced
experienced

Postby conky » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:26 am

mathias wrote:Agreed; if I have internal trimmers I would prefer 1 knob. I've never had an issue with my Ghost Echo not having a volume knob. It has always "just worked". :idk:

This. Love my Ghost Echo and the lack of a volume knob has never been a problem no matter how its set.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:20 am

You guys all have way cooler lives than me.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:54 am

conky wrote:
mathias wrote:Agreed; if I have internal trimmers I would prefer 1 knob. I've never had an issue with my Ghost Echo not having a volume knob. It has always "just worked". :idk:

This. Love my Ghost Echo and the lack of a volume knob has never been a problem no matter how its set.

I drew up a 3 knob version last night with Dwell, Time, and Mix. Probably the most optimum controls to have on it without mucking it up or making it $$$$.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fever606 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:31 pm

new05002 wrote:I drew up a 3 knob version last night with Dwell, Time, and Mix. Probably the most optimum controls to have on it without mucking it up or making it $$$$.

fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:39 am

^ Also this
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:47 pm

new05002 wrote:
conky wrote:

I drew up a 3 knob version last night with Dwell, Time, and Mix. Probably the most optimum controls to have on it without mucking it up or making it $$$$.

I like the idea of the three knobs to tweak, especially given my love of the Ghost Echo and having a little bit of verb with a fuck ton of dwell (whatever it is that dwell does...mix?). But with the trimmers on your prototype and way that the feedback stomp works (or at least the way I think it works) I'd be happy with a one knob reverb since it still has the right sort of depth/tone.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:24 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone

This is the 3 knob prototype:

Seems like if I moved back to a one knob prototype I would just throw on 1 more trimmer for the 1 knob version to control dwell.

Dwell is like the strength of the signal hitting the input of the reverb section. Its a good thing to control when you are hitting the pedal with a very large input signal say off a fuzz or distortion.

Decay is the reverb tail length

Reverb is Mix
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby fever606 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:32 pm

fever606

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org