The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby t-rey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:14 pm

Been a while - hope you dudes are doing well. Put up my Purple Ritual and Black/Black Pharaoh in the bst as well as on Reverb. Trying to shake things up now that I'm a bullshit ass blooze dad with a silverface Fender reissue amp :doom:

Also, totally bought a Mr. Black Bloodmoon. Hoooooolyfuckingshit dudes, it's crazy good. Everything you play sounds like ghosts in space listening to the Blade Runner soundtrack.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:39 pm

I've been lurking occasionally, but I've been groovin.

Is the Bloodmoon a different circuit from the Supermoon? I love the sound of both from what I hear, and would probably snag one if I didn't need something stereo. Speaking of stereo, I'm looking at pedals for panning, because I want to feel the room spin when I play. :love:
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

Carkoon, my Posty, Doomy, Dadcore band
FACEBOOK | https://www.facebook.com/carkoondoom/
BANDCAMP | https://carkoon.bandcamp.com/releases
HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby t-rey » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:37 pm

From what I understand, the Bloodmoon is exactly like the Supermoon, but can do 100% wet. The chrome is different though.

You could always get the Supermoon Eclipse - it's stereo and I guess the modulation does something pretty cool running stereo over mono.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AZX309 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 pm

HeavyXIII wrote:I've been lurking occasionally, but I've been groovin.

Is the Bloodmoon a different circuit from the Supermoon? I love the sound of both from what I hear, and would probably snag one if I didn't need something stereo. Speaking of stereo, I'm looking at pedals for panning, because I want to feel the room spin when I play. :love:

Dr Sci 6 knob tremoloessence or the old school MXR/Dunlop stereo tremolo are both rad panning options. you have to use TRS for the tremoloessence but it is well worth it
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby odontophobia » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

AZX309 wrote:

Dr Sci 6 knob tremoloessence or the old school MXR/Dunlop stereo tremolo are both rad panning options. you have to use TRS for the tremoloessence but it is well worth it

i just picked up a boss trem/pan PN2. hit me up if you want it. i listed it on reverb but haven't had time to get it up on ILF yet.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby t-rey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Any of yall use loopers regularly? I want to get one to screw around with - put down a droney bloodmoon thing, then layer weird noises on top of it. What's something that is easy to use and reasonably cheap? I was thinking EHX 720 because of the price, two footswitches, and loop storage. Thought?
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby AZX309 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:58 pm

I have been using a Ditto X2 for years. you can only store one loop, but for on the fly looping it has worked for me.
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

Postby t-rey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Right on - anything you dislike about it?
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby conky » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:20 am

I've gone through the whole Jamman series and ended back up on the Jamman Stereo. I mostly use it for playing samples between songs but i layer sounds with it from time to time, too. Pretty straightforward and easy to use.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby t-rey » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:08 pm

I've not paid much attention to the Jamman stuff - suppose I should give them a look as well.
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby HeavyXIII » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:09 am

odontophobia wrote:
AZX309 wrote:

i just picked up a boss trem/pan PN2. hit me up if you want it. i listed it on reverb but haven't had time to get it up on ILF yet.

I looked at the PN2, but wasn't super impressed with the price. What did you pay for it? I know they're pretty well regarded. The Tremolessence looks neat too, but has more features than I'd probably use for panning. The MXR isn't a bad idea, but was also looking at the regular EHX Stereo Pulsar. Trying to keep my budget minimal here.

Speaking of minimal, I have no business knowing that they make a stereo version of the Supermoon. If they made a stereo Chrome I'd probably sell my TC in a heartbeat. :drool:

I've been using the Ditto for quite a while, and I rather like it. I hear the Akai Headrush has something about the switches that make it very easy to use, but I like to think the Ditto is similar enough. Plus it's smaller. Oddly enough, my Timebender has a looper that uses the digital screen to give timing cues. That plus the ability to pitchshift and harmonize the loop was really useful, but I ended up just staring at the floor. The spongey footswitch type that those pedals use made it a little tricky to use as well, there wasn't any click or anything so you knew for sure you had gotten it.
Good Deal List: bearbeams, pena_55, sonidero, greyscales, ChetMagongalo, xchristophex, Monkey Boy, krautrocker, osbornkt

D.o.S. wrote:Like, I don't just listen to Whores when I'm sitting alone in my room with the lights off staring at a wall. Sometimes I listen to it with the lights on, too.

HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 am

HeavyXIII wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
AZX309 wrote:

I looked at the PN2, but wasn't super impressed with the price. What did you pay for it? I know they're pretty well regarded. The Tremolessence looks neat too, but has more features than I'd probably use for panning. The MXR isn't a bad idea, but was also looking at the regular EHX Stereo Pulsar. Trying to keep my budget minimal here.

Speaking of minimal, I have no business knowing that they make a stereo version of the Supermoon. If they made a stereo Chrome I'd probably sell my TC in a heartbeat. :drool:

I've been using the Ditto for quite a while, and I rather like it. I hear the Akai Headrush has something about the switches that make it very easy to use, but I like to think the Ditto is similar enough. Plus it's smaller. Oddly enough, my Timebender has a looper that uses the digital screen to give timing cues. That plus the ability to pitchshift and harmonize the loop was really useful, but I ended up just staring at the floor. The spongey footswitch type that those pedals use made it a little tricky to use as well, there wasn't any click or anything so you knew for sure you had gotten it.

I actually bought the PN2, BAT Pharaoh and Boss Super Phaser PH2 for $240. Just sold the PN2 on Reverb for $140 plus shipping. Didn't even try it. Tremolo isn't for me.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby t-rey » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 am

HeavyXIII wrote:Speaking of minimal, I have no business knowing that they make a stereo version of the Supermoon. If they made a stereo Chrome I'd probably sell my TC in a heartbeat. :drool:

Except that the stereo Supermoon (it's called the Eclipse, I think) has a button that switches the voicing from 'regular' to 'chrome.' So you should buy it. Immediately. The only reason I went for the Bloodmoon is because I've only got one amp these days.

I'm pretty sold on the EHX 720 at this point, but the Headrush and Timebender definitely have my attention.

odontophobia wrote:I actually bought the PN2, BAT Pharaoh and Boss Super Phaser PH2 for $240. Just sold the PN2 on Reverb for $140 plus shipping. Didn't even try it. Tremolo isn't for me.

That's a steal for those pedals, especially once you flip the PN2. I picked up a PH2 recently as well. Great syrupy phase for not a ton of dollars. Plus now I can play all the Incubus covers I want :lol:
t-rey

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:21 pm

t-rey wrote:
HeavyXIII wrote:Speaking of minimal, I have no business knowing that they make a stereo version of the Supermoon. If they made a stereo Chrome I'd probably sell my TC in a heartbeat. :drool:

Except that the stereo Supermoon (it's called the Eclipse, I think) has a button that switches the voicing from 'regular' to 'chrome.' So you should buy it. Immediately. The only reason I went for the Bloodmoon is because I've only got one amp these days.

I'm pretty sold on the EHX 720 at this point, but the Headrush and Timebender definitely have my attention.

odontophobia wrote:I actually bought the PN2, BAT Pharaoh and Boss Super Phaser PH2 for $240. Just sold the PN2 on Reverb for $140 plus shipping. Didn't even try it. Tremolo isn't for me.

That's a steal for those pedals, especially once you flip the PN2. I picked up a PH2 recently as well. Great syrupy phase for not a ton of dollars. Plus now I can play all the Incubus covers I want :lol:

Yeah. I was gonna flip the phaser but I think I’m gonna give it another whirl and see how it goes.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby HeavyXIII » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Yea, $140 would have been out of bounds for me, cool that you got a nice return, sounds like a deal! Panning is something I really want to try, but it's far from the core of my sound, you know? I did look at the Behringer PN-2 clone, but I think either it or the VB-2 clone are discontinued.

I'm beginning to hate knowing things. Ragginfraggin stereo reverb...

HeavyXIII

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org