The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby samzadgan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:06 pm

that silverburst is basically a gibson though...same colour schemes...single cut...double humbucker, rosewood fretboard.

But seriously, yeah, i haven't used gibsons (Gibson style) for a while...much prefer the bolt on longer scale, much more snap to the attack and don't lose anything on sustain and resonance...also maple neck for the win...soo much better for low tunings.

Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 am

Jäke wrote:Use to work with Mike (singer) of Curl up and Die in Las Vegas before he moved to Chicago. Super nice chap. I was really jealous that he recorded with Alex Newport, since I'd always been a huge Fudge Tunnel (and Nailbomb) fan.

That silverburst is an all Warmoth build. The black one is too, except for a Fender body. I prefer thicker necks that what typically come stock, so those both have 50s Gibby neck profiles. The Jazzy and the Star are only med Cs, unfortunately.

Always been a Gibson guy, because playing heavy music...who isn't? Saw ISIS on Oceanic tour and was introduced to the majesty of the Tele Deluxe. That's a very good gateway instrument from Gibson to Fender. Surprised more downtuned bands don't take advantage of that sucker.

made my bandmates, who are a little younger than i am, listen to "Dr. Doom, a Man of Science, Doesn't Believe in Jesus, Why the Fuck do You" today because of the stupid china breakdown at the end.

odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jäke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

samzadgan wrote:Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??

Yes, yes, YES! Madly in love with it, thank you for asking. Recently fought off the urge to snag one of the new 2-channel ones for an all SS stereo rig. Well, at least kicked that can down the road ... for now.
poop.
Jäke

committed
committed

Postby mathias » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Jäke wrote:
samzadgan wrote:Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??

Yes, yes, YES! Madly in love with it, thank you for asking. Recently fought off the urge to snag one of the new 2-channel ones for an all SS stereo rig. Well, at least kicked that can down the road ... for now.

Which Quilter amp do you have? I have yet to try one but I've heard good things.. and feels like it might be the ticket to a "pack up and go to jams" setup with a small, high-power-rating speaker cab.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm

mathias wrote:
Jäke wrote:

Which Quilter amp do you have? I have yet to try one but I've heard good things.. and feels like it might be the ticket to a "pack up and go to jams" setup with a small, high-power-rating speaker cab.

from memory Jake has the 201...I've been looking at the 101...seems like its loud enough with good headroom too. Like you say, its make for a great grab and go. I've had the crate before, but never felt it sounded that good.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jäke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Yessir, the 201. Tons of headroom...haven't had to take it past 70 or so watts. And I'm in a loud damn band.

It's definitely used as a pedal platform with my junk, so I can't vouch for it as a standalone tone machine. YMMV.
poop.
Jäke

committed
committed

Postby mathias » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 pm

Cheers. You've increased my GAS for it, :lol: and I just dropped a ton on a new amp.

This kind of setup is really appealing: https://instagram.com/p/BWLCIIkjZFQ/ (Except I was thinking today that maybe the 1x15 combo cab from one of those Fender Excelsiors + a Quilter 101 Reverb would be a really cool pairing. Don't know where I'll find that cab with the amp removed, though.)

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Krosis » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey doombros! I haven't posted in awhile. Life keeps me pretty busy these days with non-doom related activities. However, I have decided I will take a vacation and that vacation will be Psycho Las Vegas! I know Khemmis will be there. Any other doomroomers going?
samzadgan wrote:You could come back and Matt Pike actually played classical guitar and studied really hard, didn't drink or smoke, and was now high paid Lawyer who spend most of his free time on TGP talking about how much his Les Paul weighs and how that makes the tone better than a Les Paul that weighs 0.05lb less.

new05002 wrote:I heard it does not work for kids who dont like black sabbath and sleep so there you go.
Krosis

experienced
experienced

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm

odontophobia wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:we
are
all
dead

curl up and die?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:45 am

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:we
are
all
dead

curl up and die?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love that album.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mathias » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:49 am

Krosis wrote:Hey doombros! I haven't posted in awhile. Life keeps me pretty busy these days with non-doom related activities. However, I have decided I will take a vacation and that vacation will be Psycho Las Vegas! I know Khemmis will be there. Any other doomroomers going?

I debated going for my birthday, but it isn't gonna work out.

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby misterstomach » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:56 am

Many months ago, when I tried to check this forum, my phone went to the "buy this domain" page. like the bill didn't get paid or the page shut down. I have been reading and occasionally posting in the regular forum, occasionally trying the link to here, always getting the same result. I was bummed that it was just gone. I guess today is the first time i've tried to look from my desktop and it turns out y'all have been here the whole time. it was just my stupid phone. anyway, hello. glad things are still alive over here.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 pm

misterstomach wrote:Many months ago, when I tried to check this forum, my phone went to the "buy this domain" page. like the bill didn't get paid or the page shut down. I have been reading and occasionally posting in the regular forum, occasionally trying the link to here, always getting the same result. I was bummed that it was just gone. I guess today is the first time i've tried to look from my desktop and it turns out y'all have been here the whole time. it was just my stupid phone. anyway, hello. glad things are still alive over here.

Yeah, I think we need to get Tom to update the link or someone needs to re-buy the domain and point it here? :idk:

mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 pm

It's been that way off and on for a while, then permanently. I have to get here from the main forum index. I think the index also calls the sub-forum out as "ilovedoom.org" now too. I'm guessing there was some issue with the hosting of the standalone domain name.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:16 pm

New druden track is rad BTW. Er, I guess April isn't new, but I just found it today.

https://druden.bandcamp.com/track/the-passage-2
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org