The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby pelliott » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Peter!!! Woo hoo it's a family reunion!

I like this place. These are easily the best, non-cheesy smilies I've ever seen :!!!:
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:36 pm

new05002 wrote:Verb Controls:

Dwell = Input Signal into Verb Tank
Tone = Modded Muff style tone control on wet verb signal
Verb Level = Wet Mix

Delay/Clean Side Controls
Send Level = Input level into delay circuit
Dry Level = Dry signal to be mixed with verb

Footswitchable mute on dry or wet mix

Now would this be like a unit in a headshell? Sounds awesome and really versitle
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

skullservant wrote:I also still haven't heard anything from Kevin at EGC regarding my guitar. It got to him Thursday. Do you think it'd be too early to send a check up email?

Nah 3 business days after receiving when he told you 24 hour turn around is acceptable for a check up email.

pelliott wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:Peter!!! Woo hoo it's a family reunion!

I like this place. These are easily the best, non-cheesy smilies I've ever seen :!!!:

Yup I love the emoticon's here, and just so everyone knows where the cloud smilies come from....

Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Holy Schnikes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:40 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Damnit! :mad: I knew buying a house, and having kids would give you the edge you needed to win. :picard:

Yep, house and wife and kids can come in the way of things like DR post count god damn it. ;)
univalve wrote:Boner on Fire Wallet Panties!
Holy Schnikes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42 pm

Holy Schnikes wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:Damnit! :mad: I knew buying a house, and having kids would give you the edge you needed to win. :picard:

Yep, house and wife and kids can come in the way of things like DR post count god damn it. ;)

hahahahaha sooo true.... And I got a third little un on the way in late september. :animal: So glad by this point i've amassed almost everything i need for my rigs to be complete as far as big ticket items. I've come to the conclusion there will always be pedals going in and out of my life, luckily they aren't usually too harmful on the wallet.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:43 pm

skullservant wrote:
new05002 wrote:Verb Controls:

Dwell = Input Signal into Verb Tank
Tone = Modded Muff style tone control on wet verb signal
Verb Level = Wet Mix

Delay/Clean Side Controls
Send Level = Input level into delay circuit
Dry Level = Dry signal to be mixed with verb

Footswitchable mute on dry or wet mix

Now would this be like a unit in a headshell? Sounds awesome and really versitle

yea a big headshell. Gotta fit the entire tube circuitry, plus the built in delay (which has a defeat to send and return jacks in case someone wants to run something more analogy or something like an EL Cap or maybe a real Space Echo.

Verb will be very very long 6 spring, transformerless driven design with 12au7s, and an EF86 driver, 12dw7 recovery tube to drive the tone stack and recover gain.

Effects loop and clean signal goes through 1 12ax7. Enough versatility to go on either the input of the amp or in the Matamp FX loop which is running at the amp signal levels. Should be total win.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:hahahahaha sooo true.... And I got a third little un on the way in late september. :animal: So glad by this point i've amassed almost everything i need for my rigs to be complete as far as big ticket items. I've come to the conclusion there will always be pedals going in and out of my life, luckily they aren't usually too harmful on the wallet.

woah you got a kiddo coming in Sept?
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:44 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:Nah 3 business days after receiving when he told you 24 hour turn around is acceptable for a check up email.

Just sent him one checking to see if he got it okay. I figured a conversation could spring from that.

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
Holy Schnikes wrote:

hahahahaha sooo true.... And I got a third little un on the way in late september. :animal: So glad by this point i've amassed almost everything i need for my rigs to be complete as far as big ticket items. I've come to the conclusion there will always be pedals going in and out of my life, luckily they aren't usually too harmful on the wallet.

Again congrats AA! I love that feeling too, having the big stuff out of the way. Feels nice, man!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm

new05002 wrote:yea a big headshell. Gotta fit the entire tube circuitry, plus the built in delay (which has a defeat to send and return jacks in case someone wants to run something more analogy or something like an EL Cap or maybe a real Space Echo.

Verb will be very very long 6 spring, transformerless driven design with 12au7s, and an EF86 driver, 12dw7 recovery tube to drive the tone stack and recover gain.

Effects loop and clean signal goes through 1 12ax7. Enough versatility to go on either the input of the amp or in the Matamp FX loop which is running at the amp signal levels. Should be total win.

Sweeeeeeet! That sounds like this delay-verb junkies best friend.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm

skullservant wrote:
new05002 wrote:yea a big headshell. Gotta fit the entire tube circuitry, plus the built in delay (which has a defeat to send and return jacks in case someone wants to run something more analogy or something like an EL Cap or maybe a real Space Echo.

Sweeeeeeet! That sounds like this delay-verb junkies best friend.

yea and those with fat wallets to buy a nearly $800+ unit.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:48 pm

new05002 wrote:woah you got a kiddo coming in Sept?

Yup!!! Adding a third one to my stable, you know the ole' adage "Gotta make sure you got a Pair and a Spare." :lol: Since we've got the house and the room, and we've got all of our finances in order I figured I just turned 30 and I'm not getting any younger so it was time me and the wifey had our own. (my other two kids are my step kids from the wifeys previous marriage)
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm

new05002 wrote:yea and those with fat wallets to buy a nearly $800+ unit.

I know that TGP would have money for it. And if you advertise sticking your strymon products in the loop, they will be all over it!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:49 pm

skullservant wrote:Again congrats AA! I love that feeling too, having the big stuff out of the way. Feels nice, man!

Thanks buddy!!! Agreed, it's weird having little to no GAS as of late.... but it feels good! I'm also quitting smoking, my wallets not gonna know what to do...
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Good man, I'm glad you're starting to quit now and not trying to cram it before the baby comes. That'll be good. Really good!!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
new05002 wrote:woah you got a kiddo coming in Sept?

Yup!!! Adding a third one to my stable, you know the ole' adage "Gotta make sure you got a Pair and a Spare." :lol: Since we've got the house and the room, and we've got all of our finances in order I figured I just turned 30 and I'm not getting any younger so it was time me and the wifey had our own. (my other two kids are my step kids from the wifeys previous marriage)

congrats man!
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org