The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Current post count on HCFX DRm right click and hit view image

Last edited by new05002 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:17 pm

new05002 wrote:
Ancient Astronaught wrote:
new05002 wrote:Also ROFLSTOMPING skips board with mine!!!

Yeah.... :( about that... :grumpy: I kinda feel inadequate now.... :cry: but ya know what its not the size of the board its how you use it!!!! :yay:

I knew I could widdle you down like the US did to the USSR during the Cold War, just out spend you to win

Damnit! :mad: I knew buying a house, and having kids would give you the edge you needed to win. :picard:

and Damnit Alex is still ahead of me.... well I still have more amps then you nick!!!! :dance:
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm

new05002 wrote:
new05002 wrote:Also ROFLSTOMPING skips board with mine!!!

Yeah.... :( about that... :grumpy: I kinda feel inadequate now.... :cry: but ya know what its not the size of the board its how you use it!!!! :yay:

I knew I could widdle you down like the US did to the USSR during the Cold War, just out spend you to win

Damnit! :mad: I knew buying a house, and having kids would give you the edge you needed to win. :picard:

and Damnit Alex is still ahead of me.... well I still have more amps then you nick!!!! :dance:

thats a poor thing to lead in, I can always build infinite moar in the time you could have more custom ones built.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:18 pm

also I have more posts in there with my old defunct account then most people. wow such a DR fanboi
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 pm

new05002 wrote:thats a poor thing to lead in, I can always build infinite moar in the time you could have more custom ones built.

I'm aware, I'm just trying to kickstart the "Damnit I need an amp of my own and stop building them for other people for a minute" mentality. I must see the monolith + Dimensions plus the FogMachine built.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:22 pm

yea man I layed out the idea for the Dimensions. I was thinking of going with some like the 1776 multiplex delay which has the echorec, echoplex and RE20 modes but then mod it to have some more fun shit like tap tempo, modulation, oscillation burst, and run that at 18V+. The entire delay line with be parallel to the reverb something I think will be killer.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:24 pm

new05002 wrote:yea man I layed out the idea for the Dimensions. I was thinking of going with some like the 1776 multiplex delay which has the echorec, echoplex and RE20 modes but then mod it to have some more fun shit like tap tempo, modulation, oscillation burst, and run that at 18V+. The entire delay line with be parallel to the reverb something I think will be killer.

Please, please do it.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby pelliott » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:26 pm

Hoorayyyyyy
pelliott

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:27 pm

oh yea let me explain what the entire thing is. Its a combination of a tube driven spring verb with very long springs for maximum verb time, and a parallel signal line which has an FX loop and or built in tape emulated delay all of which can be run pre-amp, in a well design FX loop or in the Orange/Matamp loop with a # of controls all around. Essentially it would be like for a rig with like 1 heavy fuzz out front and those 2 time based effects in the loop of a Matamp GT120 or in this case the Monolith
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

pelliott wrote:

Hoorayyyyyy

Peter!!! Woo hoo it's a family reunion!
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm

new05002 wrote:oh yea let me explain what the entire thing is. Its a combination of a tube driven spring verb with very long springs for maximum verb time, and a parallel signal line which has an FX loop and or built in tape emulated delay all of which can be run pre-amp, in a well design FX loop or in the Orange/Matamp loop with a # of controls all around. Essentially it would be like for a rig with like 1 heavy fuzz out front and those 2 time based effects in the loop of a Matamp GT120 or in this case the Monolith

That sounds amazing. I've been meaning to build the 1776 Delay for a bit now. Maybe I will buy the board with some of this paypal money that I have sitting here...

Ancient Astronaught wrote:The Boss ODB pedal gets alot of praise over in the TB doom room, alot of them do the monte allums mod to theirs and rave about it.

I'll have to look into those mods. Not too too concerned with it, cause I've got the treble set to noon, but the bass CRANKED. It just gets massive, while still being semi-transparent and just acting like an EQ with some grit
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

skullservant wrote:I'll have to look into those mods. Not too too concerned with it, cause I've got the treble set to noon, but the bass CRANKED. It just gets massive, while still being semi-transparent and just acting like an EQ with some grit

I'm not sure exactly what the mod's do honestly. I'm having a Dunwich Bass OD built that will cover all my bass driving needs.
Ancient Astronaught

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:32 pm

I think they smooth out the drive of the pedal and turn it from more of a fuzz to an actual OD, but I love the grind!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm

I also still haven't heard anything from Kevin at EGC regarding my guitar. It got to him Thursday. Do you think it'd be too early to send a check up email?
Last edited by skullservant on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby new05002 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Verb Controls:

Dwell = Input Signal into Verb Tank
Tone = Modded Muff style tone control on wet verb signal
Verb Level = Wet Mix

Delay/Clean Side Controls
Send Level = Input level into delay circuit
Dry Level = Dry signal to be mixed with verb