The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby CaptainBoxman » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:16 pm

emptyparadigm wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated

Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!

Something that can do a bit of both. I've got to remain semi-sensible with price. I probably can't justify a £1000 tube head right now especially since I'm not in a band, but I do need something that can provide volume and lows without being a pile of digital trash
Iommic Pope wrote:The Boxman hails the Mountain,
Zion's rays descend.
CaptainBoxman

experienced
experienced

Postby Bassist_Diver » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:23 pm

CaptainBoxman wrote:
emptyparadigm wrote:
CaptainBoxman wrote:Been away for a few years - I started experiencing what I think was carpal tunnel and it made it impossible to play without serious pain. Sold off all my shit, except the guitars I built for sentimental value, and all but gave up. I sold all my shit a year ago, and I would say I stopped playing around 2/2.5 years ago.

2 weeks ago, I randomly decided to pick up the bass guitar I got for my 13th birthday and it fucking turns out I can play bass with no pain at all. AT ALL. Naturally I shit myself with excitement and bought a new bass straight away and basically haven't put it down since. I still have some chops, but to be honest I'm more suited to bass anyway.

Long update shortened to a point - I need a bass amp and though I've owned every variety of doom guitar amp (GT120, AOR, OTR120, Concert Lead, and a shit load of others), I have fuck all knowledge of doom bass amps

I'm looking for something cheap, ideally I don't want to spend more than £1000 on amp and cab in total so no custom built Verellen or anything like that...

Any suggestions you fine dudes can give would be appreciated

Congrats, dude! That's excellent to hear. You want something gig-worthy or just for putzin' around at the house?

Also, hi everyone. I never have time to log on here anymore. Hope to see y'all on the road and shit!

Something that can do a bit of both. I've got to remain semi-sensible with price. I probably can't justify a £1000 tube head right now especially since I'm not in a band, but I do need something that can provide volume and lows without being a pile of digital trash

Volume and lows without breaking the bank but not being digital shit? Buckle up, son.

Sunn 1200
Ampeg SVT
Traynor YBA-200-2 (DO NOT get the 200. The 200-2 removes the auto bias that led to a myriad of problems)
Anything Orange
Fender 300 Tube
Older, heavy as fuck Trace Elliott amps
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby conky » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:57 pm

Hey doods,

Recorded a new album and its finally ready to come out. This is the first time in a while that I've been the only guitarist. It was fun getting to blend amps and all that stuff in the studio. I used a 2nd gen Model T and a Matamp GT120 both being pushed by a Pharaoh and Witchburner for this track. Some Dunwich Gravity Well is in there, too. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

https://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp ... dead-light
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby misterstomach » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 pm

conky wrote:Hey doods,

Recorded a new album and its finally ready to come out. This is the first time in a while that I've been the only guitarist. It was fun getting to blend amps and all that stuff in the studio. I used a 2nd gen Model T and a Matamp GT120 both being pushed by a Pharaoh and Witchburner for this track. Some Dunwich Gravity Well is in there, too. Check it out and let me know what yall think.

I like it a lot. The guitars sound great. Great job on the recording. I really like the sort of lullaby ending.
ryan summit wrote:Damn these fuckin bullshit techherpes
misterstomach

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby conky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:14 am

misterstomach wrote:
conky wrote:Hey doods,

I like it a lot. The guitars sound great. Great job on the recording. I really like the sort of lullaby ending.

:hug: Thanks man. I've always been a sucker for creepy music box type things. When we were writing it we liked it but were all worried that it'd come across as some shitty numetal type thing. We said fuck it and left it in there and looking back I'm glad we did. It gives a pretty nice transition to the 2nd track which is a part 2 to this song.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby christianatl » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:34 pm

EU Doom Room bros, we coming'.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 11.59.34 AM.png
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whores/108004672554176
http://whores.bandcamp.com
http://whores.bigcartel.com

WTB: Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, Keeley 30ms Delay, cool fuzzes and hand-painted stuff.
christianatl

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:50 pm

Hey guys, I’ve been busy as lately. Barely had an online presence.

Spamming to let you guys know I have a fuzz throne up in the BST.
There’s a doom room discount if you get at me.

Hope everyone is doing ok.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:48 pm

HeavyXIII wrote:We got them done through EasyDisc, a small run of 100 which ran a little over $2 a disc. They made the design process bearable, considering I've never done a digipak layout before. They don't distribute your music like CDbaby does, but I believe they're more affordable if you don't need the extra stuff.

Really dig easydisc. did 2 different digipak runs for some releases earlier this year. very pleased with the results. Most of my previous stuff was through kunaki.
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Lurker13 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:58 pm

ILD used to be such a vibrant forum, where the fuck did everybody go?
coldbrightsunlight wrote:Hey man, you can do what you want in this den of shame.
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Traded their doom vests for OP-1s and are making soundcloud rap.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:36 pm

goroth wrote:Traded their doom vests for OP-1s and are making soundcloud rap.

Not dungeon synth? :wha?: :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:54 pm

I was actually messing with this thing while wearing a denim vest today :lol:
Circuit won't quit the band, Circuit doesn't have an opiate problem or a new baby, Circuit shows up to practice, Circuit never needs new tubes
Circuit is my real friend
Will report back after I plug it into a full stack
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:48 am

I would never give into the OP1 hype...actually, I went with moog subphatty instead and working on electrodronedoomscape
:picard:
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:20 pm

samzadgan wrote:

I would never give into the OP1 hype...actually, I went with moog subphatty instead and working on electrodronedoomscape
:picard:

Synths rule
Dungeon synth rule
Op-1 doesn’t do it for me though.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:59 pm

OP1 hot takes:
works great by itself
not super intuitive