The Doom Room: ILF Edition



Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby ShaolinLambKiller » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:37 pm

we
are
all
dead
I like to keep myself busy:
My loud heavy boxes:
www.facebook.com/MaulerCustomCabs

a ton of my music
http://speedritualrecords.storenvy.com/

and a ton of my ugly art
http://www.cavepaints.com/
ShaolinLambKiller

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3729
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:41 pm
Location: The South

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby christianatl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Ryan's stuff rules hard. He sent me a Bitquest recently, and I can't stop fucking with it.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whores/108004672554176
http://whores.bandcamp.com
http://whores.bigcartel.com

WTB: Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, Keeley 30ms Delay, cool fuzzes and hand-painted stuff.
christianatl

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: ATL

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby t-rey » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:14 pm

christianatl wrote:Ryan's stuff rules hard. He sent me a Bitquest recently, and I can't stop fucking with it.


Indeed it does. And he's probably one of the nicest people I've ever encountered. I've been mighty curious about the BitQuest - especially the modulated verb and flanger bits. And also the bitcrushed fuzz stuff...because video game sountrack riffs. Do you find yourself overwhelmed by it to the point you tweak instead of play? That's really my only hesitation with it.

Frazz is the bee's knees and/or cat's pajamas, dude. Voltage sag just above minimum and not much gain is big burly, buzzy, stoner toanz.
t-rey

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2783
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:27 pm

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:we
are
all
dead


curl up and die?
theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: michigan

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby Jäke » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:53 pm

Hey dudes, look at all these goddamned Fenders. The Gibsons just can't bring it like these ones, and have been relegated to case duty.

Image
Last edited by Jäke on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poop.
Jäke

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Mile High

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby odontophobia » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Those all look great.
theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: michigan

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby Iommic Pope » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:40 am

That is sexy but I'm totally down to take a Gibson that needs a foster home.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:Speak softly and carry a big dad dick.
Iommic Pope

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: Frimmin' on the Fram

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby conky » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:24 am

odontophobia wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:we
are
all
dead


curl up and die?


Played with them years ago. Had no idea who they were and just by looking at them I thought it was going to be some really bad emo band. First note in took me by surprise and they melted my face off with their set. To this day it was one of the most intense sets I've ever seen.
Jäke wrote:Hey dudes, look at all these goddamned Fenders. The Gibsons just can't bring it like these ones, and have been relegated to case duty.

Image


Whats the specs on the sliverburst? Is that a custom job or did they do a run of these?
conky

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2099
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby Jäke » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:09 am

Use to work with Mike (singer) of Curl up and Die in Las Vegas before he moved to Chicago. Super nice chap. I was really jealous that he recorded with Alex Newport, since I'd always been a huge Fudge Tunnel (and Nailbomb) fan.

That silverburst is an all Warmoth build. The black one is too, except for a Fender body. I prefer thicker necks that what typically come stock, so those both have 50s Gibby neck profiles. The Jazzy and the Star are only med Cs, unfortunately.

Always been a Gibson guy, because playing heavy music...who isn't? Saw ISIS on Oceanic tour and was introduced to the majesty of the Tele Deluxe. That's a very good gateway instrument from Gibson to Fender. Surprised more downtuned bands don't take advantage of that sucker.
poop.
Jäke

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Mile High

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby samzadgan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:06 pm

that silverburst is basically a gibson though...same colour schemes...single cut...double humbucker, rosewood fretboard.

But seriously, yeah, i haven't used gibsons (Gibson style) for a while...much prefer the bolt on longer scale, much more snap to the attack and don't lose anything on sustain and resonance...also maple neck for the win...soo much better for low tunings.

Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??
Band: Crimson Ritual
https://crimsonritual.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/crimsonritual/

AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:


Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: amongst idiots...

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby odontophobia » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:01 am

Jäke wrote:Use to work with Mike (singer) of Curl up and Die in Las Vegas before he moved to Chicago. Super nice chap. I was really jealous that he recorded with Alex Newport, since I'd always been a huge Fudge Tunnel (and Nailbomb) fan.

That silverburst is an all Warmoth build. The black one is too, except for a Fender body. I prefer thicker necks that what typically come stock, so those both have 50s Gibby neck profiles. The Jazzy and the Star are only med Cs, unfortunately.

Always been a Gibson guy, because playing heavy music...who isn't? Saw ISIS on Oceanic tour and was introduced to the majesty of the Tele Deluxe. That's a very good gateway instrument from Gibson to Fender. Surprised more downtuned bands don't take advantage of that sucker.


made my bandmates, who are a little younger than i am, listen to "Dr. Doom, a Man of Science, Doesn't Believe in Jesus, Why the Fuck do You" today because of the stupid china breakdown at the end.

theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: michigan

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby Jäke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:27 pm

samzadgan wrote:Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??


Yes, yes, YES! Madly in love with it, thank you for asking. Recently fought off the urge to snag one of the new 2-channel ones for an all SS stereo rig. Well, at least kicked that can down the road ... for now.
poop.
Jäke

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Mile High

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby mathias » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:39 pm

Jäke wrote:
samzadgan wrote:Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??


Yes, yes, YES! Madly in love with it, thank you for asking. Recently fought off the urge to snag one of the new 2-channel ones for an all SS stereo rig. Well, at least kicked that can down the road ... for now.


Which Quilter amp do you have? I have yet to try one but I've heard good things.. and feels like it might be the ticket to a "pack up and go to jams" setup with a small, high-power-rating speaker cab.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3553
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: noosphere

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby samzadgan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:51 pm

mathias wrote:
Jäke wrote:
samzadgan wrote:Also Jake...how's the Quilter amp going? you still in love with it??


Yes, yes, YES! Madly in love with it, thank you for asking. Recently fought off the urge to snag one of the new 2-channel ones for an all SS stereo rig. Well, at least kicked that can down the road ... for now.


Which Quilter amp do you have? I have yet to try one but I've heard good things.. and feels like it might be the ticket to a "pack up and go to jams" setup with a small, high-power-rating speaker cab.


from memory Jake has the 201...I've been looking at the 101...seems like its loud enough with good headroom too. Like you say, its make for a great grab and go. I've had the crate before, but never felt it sounded that good.
Band: Crimson Ritual
https://crimsonritual.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/crimsonritual/

AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:


Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2614
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:10 pm
Location: amongst idiots...

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby Jäke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Yessir, the 201. Tons of headroom...haven't had to take it past 70 or so watts. And I'm in a loud damn band.

It's definitely used as a pedal platform with my junk, so I can't vouch for it as a standalone tone machine. YMMV.
poop.
Jäke

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:26 pm
Location: Mile High

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.