Zombie Dust Pickups

Re: Zombie Dust Pickups

Postby systemofameow » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 pm

They were doing an instagram sale on doomsters today. Not sure what the fuck time it is in the UK but I hope I put my order in soon enough. Trying to pick up a P90 neck and Humbucker bridge. :rock:
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby Finskjaere » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:40 am

systemofameow wrote:They were doing an instagram sale on doomsters today. Not sure what the fuck time it is in the UK but I hope I put my order in soon enough. Trying to pick up a P90 neck and Humbucker bridge. :rock:

Haha, I bought the same set! I will post some recordings once I recieve these.
Finskjaere

interested
interested

Postby omarwhite » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:37 am

oof how did I miss that post? love my LSD
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby systemofameow » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Finskjaere wrote:
systemofameow wrote:They were doing an instagram sale on doomsters today. Not sure what the fuck time it is in the UK but I hope I put my order in soon enough. Trying to pick up a P90 neck and Humbucker bridge. :rock:

Haha, I bought the same set! I will post some recordings once I recieve these.

HELL YEAH BROTHER :hug:
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby Finskjaere » Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 am

Hi!

I just recieved and installed mine, I'll try to record some random riffs ;-).
Finskjaere

interested
interested

Postby Finskjaere » Fri May 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Here it is!

https://soundcloud.com/adcd/sets/zombie ... kups-tests

Sorry for the crappy playing...
Finskjaere

interested
interested

Postby omarwhite » Fri May 25, 2018 7:58 am

for what it's worth, I would just like to backpedal a bit on my previous praise for this company:

I've had MAJOR communication issued with Lee for the past two months. I ordered a custom pickup off him for my tele, which he initially told me turnaround would be two weeks (to my door, not production time). he posted a pic of the finished product after three weeks on Instagram. no sweat, as I was leaving for a trip for two weeks. upon returning from said trip, still no pickup. attempted to contact him for a full week and he didn't return any of my messages, no matter what format i used to attempt to reach him (email or Instagram DMs-our initial form of contact). after opening a paypal dispute he finally responds to me with what appears to be a generic copy/paste message saying a friend of his was in a coma for the last two weeks and sorry for delays. the math didn't add up because at this point my pickup had been done for over a month, and his date to ship fell far before his friend's misfortune. plus he had been making Instagram posts for two full weeks after he posted my pic.

still haven't received it yet. nor has he responded to my last few messages expressing my dissastisfaction with his timetable. pretty bummed at his customer service. despite my love for my LSD, I'm not sure i'll have any reason to go down this road again with Zombie Dust.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby systemofameow » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 am

I have sadly been having a similar experience... I kinda expected a wait time of 4-6 weeks (as stated on his site) when I ordered back in February. I hit him up near the end of April about it when I still hadn't heard anything and was told that he was hoping to have them done by the end of the week. Hit him up a month ago and they were supposed to be going out in the mail by the end of THAT week. Still haven't gotten them or heard anything about when they might actually be coming.

I dunno, like initially I wasn't all that bummed about it taking longer than the website said, because everyone has a life and sometimes they get caught up in work or personal stuff and I get that and it's cool or whatever. And I hope his friend is doing okay and whatnot. But man the closer I get to that 180 day Paypal dispute limit the more worried I get that I might have just paid for a huge headache and missed out on spending that money on something I could have actually enjoyed. Which is a bummer not only for that but also because I have a whole new guitar I had been fixing up that I planned to sink these puppers into. For the past month and a half it's pretty much just been gathering dust, unfortunately not of the zombie persuasion...

I was initially really excited to try these out on account of how well folks seem to like them and Lee seems like a pretty cool dude. I just wish he was able to communicate with folks better and provide a more realistic time frame for me. There's a big difference between six weeks and the fifteen weeks.
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby omarwhite » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:52 am

man, just read this now. you get them yet? that blows.

for what it's worth, I finally received the pickup. it came with only two mounting screws (this was a tele bridge pickup and required three, which ultimately didn't matter because neither of the screws fit the holes. so I had to go buy new screws. I also had to do significant work on my bridge to get it mounted correctly. I opened a paypal dispute and got my requested $40 back within two weeks. Lee never responded to the dispute either. paypal just sided with me, whether due to his lack of communication of the overwhelming burden this purchase put on me. all in all I had to end up running around to hardware stores to find the correct screws and had to take my tele in for a set up again after it was all said and done. so my $40 request prolly should've been closer to $70 but whatever.

all in all, I wish I would've just got the Fralin pickup that was second on my list. quite the headache. im still debating about just getting a Fralin and taking the Zombie Dust out on principle
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby Bassist_Diver » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:50 pm

Wish I could hear a sample of the bass pickups soloed. So far everything I've found has been drowned out by a wall of guitar and/or the bass has been mixed out :cry:
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby systemofameow » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:41 pm

omarwhite wrote:man, just read this now. you get them yet? that blows.

Nahhhh, dude didn't even bother fighting or even responding to the paypal dispute or any of my emails. Paypal is getting my money back to me sometime this week. It really pisses me off because this entire time he's been soliciting new orders through his instagram or showing off stuff he's sending to other people. I guess now that he has his name out there he just doesn't give a fuck about his customers unless they're in some big name band or have some serious internet clout.
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby omarwhite » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:04 am

systemofameow wrote:
omarwhite wrote:man, just read this now. you get them yet? that blows.

Nahhhh, dude didn't even bother fighting or even responding to the paypal dispute or any of my emails. Paypal is getting my money back to me sometime this week. It really pisses me off because this entire time he's been soliciting new orders through his instagram or showing off stuff he's sending to other people. I guess now that he has his name out there he just doesn't give a fuck about his customers unless they're in some big name band or have some serious internet clout.

that sums up my experience to a T.

no response to the paypal dispute and active on his social media with other orders. wondered if it was some sort of "hassle" to deal with international clients or something. anyhow, I have removed my zombies from all my guitars and replaced with Fralins. totally different sound but im digging the hell out of it. prolly just gonna sell off the Zombie Dust stuff and be done with him.
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby omarwhite » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:58 pm

I’m selling the aforementioned pick up in BST for anyone interested
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby KingNed » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:41 pm

I have a Zombie Dust pickup in the bridge of my Jazzmaster. I bought it used from someone, and it's apparently a custom wound pickup that they couldn't tell me much about. It's pretty high output, so high in fact (and potentially monophonic?) that it picks up my vocals at gigs and plays them back through my amps behind me. I end up getting this weird distorted reamped vocal sound. I'm not particularly good at describing pickup qualities, but it doesn't sound like it's lacking (or the opposite) in any areas. Fairly clear under gain but still super loud and heavy.

Staff Party - Noise Rock Power Trio https://thisisstaffparty.bandcamp.com/
KingNed

involved
involved

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 pm

KingNed wrote: (and potentially monophonic?)

microphonic?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org