The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Re: The Doom Room: ILF Edition

Postby whiskey_face » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 pm

no way I'm going to be able to catch up with the DR thread, but I hope everyone is doing well.
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BitchPudding » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Good to see you again Whiskey!
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whiskey_face » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 pm

thank you, its been a long time. excited to play again.
good deals with Noise. . .guitmatt, magiclawnchair, delaydecay, Fuzz_Pi, nixhex113, theAntihero, Ancient Astronaught, bigchiefbc, jwojtysiak, neonblack, osbornkt

http://www.facebook.com/daughtersofzionaz
whiskey_face

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby nablock » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm

I'll have a Hex Micro T shortly (being built now). Will be using it as a recording amp, but it seems like it is going to be a little too loose for what we play. What do y'all recommend for hitting the front end to tighten up high gain distortion on it. Contemplating the Fortin Grind or Friedman BE OD.
nablock

interested
interested

Postby Iommic Pope » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:46 pm

WOOOH! WHISKEY!
sergiomunoz74 wrote:Hey what do you guys think of a 2x12 plus 1x15 setup rather than just a 4x12?

I have done this (or something similar) with a stereo power amp, it is fucking awesome (Orange 212 one side, Ampeg410 for bass the other).
You should definitely hit it.

Got some peds in a trade from hbomb today. Bunch of sound tanks. They need rehousing and true-bypassing but the sounds are right for the money.
The Thrashmetal is particularly awesome so far for boosting my Fuzz Throne. Needs some eq tweaking, though. Sounds either like bees or a wet blanket.
Nice full sound, otherwise, and actually a really nice gritty boost into my clean Laney.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ShaunNecro » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Picking up a Fender Bassman 300 Pro (Sunn 300T) on Saturday!!! Wooooooooo! Been wanting this amp for like 8 years.
Wills Dissolve
http://facebook.com/willsdissolveband
https://willsdissolve.bandcamp.com
http://shaunnecro.tumblr.com/
NSFW: show
Iommic Pope wrote:Remember, she was dead when you got there......but you couldn't have been there-you were on a jumping castle at that point in time.

We just call it the "doom" room in the hope we might lure hipster girls there...into our rape vans....I mean vans of righteous wizarding.
ShaunNecro

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:59 pm

whiskey_face wrote:thank you, its been a long time. excited to play again.

missed you boo thing.

hope the pups are well.

doooooooooooooooooooom.

sergiomunoz74 wrote:Hey what do you guys think of a 2x12 plus 1x15 setup rather than just a 4x12?

feel like that'd probably work out well for the shit you're thinking about doing with that band.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sergiomunoz74 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Cool, I did exactly that, getting a relatively cheap emperor 1x15 locally. Its perfectly wide to throw my science cab up top. Might try that stereo power amp thing but for now Im just gonna run my sovtek fullbore with a rat or my shiva at max. I think that should give me enough push to not get lost in the mix hopefully. Th 1x15 just seems more versatile since I could always use it with my synths in different projects.
sergiomunoz74

experienced
experienced

Postby conky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

Iommic Pope wrote:Which AIC song did you guys hit?
Also put me on the preorder for that when you get it oresed
I keep missing your runs.

D.o.S. wrote:I'm with pope -- must know the AIC track!

We did "Them Bones". Got my buddy Eric who sings and plays guitar for Crawl to come in and do guest vocals on it. It was super fun to do that song. I'm not exactly sure how we're gonna release it just yet. We'll probably throw the AiC cover up in the next week or so once we get the final mix done. We're debating on trying to use these two for a split 12" with another band or go back and do 2 or 3 more and put out another full length.

whiskey_face wrote:no way I'm going to be able to catch up with the DR thread, but I hope everyone is doing well.

:hello: :hug:

nablock wrote:I'll have a Hex Micro T shortly (being built now). Will be using it as a recording amp, but it seems like it is going to be a little too loose for what we play. What do y'all recommend for hitting the front end to tighten up high gain distortion on it. Contemplating the Fortin Grind or Friedman BE OD.

Black Arts Witchburner would tighten my Model T up pretty nicely. Works for tightening fuzzes hitting it on some cleans as well as with the amp gain dimed.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby nablock » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks Conky, I'll check it out.

Also, NAD:

nablock

interested
interested

Postby Iommic Pope » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Awkward public boner ensues.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby conky » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:39 am

I want a Deliverance 120 just cause it's got less knobs and I'm too dumb for a ton of shit going on but I'd love to fuck around with the Pittbull and others in the VHT line with all the bells and whistles.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:24 am

conky wrote:I want a Deliverance 120 just cause it's got less knobs and I'm too dumb for a ton of shit going on but I'd love to fuck around with the Pittbull and others in the VHT line with all the bells and whistles.

God. That VHT shit sounds so ace.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby jojo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:48 am

conky wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:Which AIC song did you guys hit?
Also put me on the preorder for that when you get it oresed
I keep missing your runs.

D.o.S. wrote:I'm with pope -- must know the AIC track!

We did "Them Bones". Got my buddy Eric who sings and plays guitar for Crawl to come in and do guest vocals on it. It was super fun to do that song. I'm not exactly sure how we're gonna release it just yet. We'll probably throw the AiC cover up in the next week or so once we get the final mix done. We're debating on trying to use these two for a split 12" with another band or go back and do 2 or 3 more and put out another full length.

whiskey_face wrote:no way I'm going to be able to catch up with the DR thread, but I hope everyone is doing well.

:hello: :hug:

nablock wrote:I'll have a Hex Micro T shortly (being built now). Will be using it as a recording amp, but it seems like it is going to be a little too loose for what we play. What do y'all recommend for hitting the front end to tighten up high gain distortion on it. Contemplating the Fortin Grind or Friedman BE OD.

Black Arts Witchburner would tighten my Model T up pretty nicely. Works for tightening fuzzes hitting it on some cleans as well as with the amp gain dimed.

I second that about the witchburner !
jojo

interested
interested

Postby new05002 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:29 pm

Reverb has a short article on the history of the hm2. Got a little shout out there

https://reverb.com/news/story-hm2-dark-side-boss
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to ilovedoom.org